main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Weight Challenge (A Little OT)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Check this out

I know that some of us are a tad on the heavy side and would like to change that. Discovery channel is doing a nationwide challenge in which you sign up and try to lose as much weight as you can in 12 weeks (Axia & Protoss, this may not be for you...). If you sign up on Jan 10, you get a free 3mo membership to Ballys Fitness as well as some other things to help you out. There's also the possibility to get on TV. I'm definitely going to be doing this. The only sign up place in town is at the Fashion Show so we can meet up and go if any of you are interested. Personally I'm in it for the free gym and the chance for TV. (I need as much exposure as possible to get my audition for The Hobbit)

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    (not really off topic, as you started this thread and defined the topic...)

3. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Yep, not for me, I am actually trying to gain about 10 pounds of muscle :)

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I'm in! I bet i can lose more weight than you can!!!! where and what time do we meet?

5. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    ooooh....i'm in too...and i'm going to beat you all!!!! Mwahahahahahahaha!!!......just kidding......

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Exercise? HAHAHAHAHA! no.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    You know what? When I first read this thread, i was like, "Whatever. I aint going to put myself through something like this. Think of the embarassment; think of the possibility of feeling even worse when you fail; think of the sacrifice you'd have to go through."

But, i just went to the link and checked it out, and I'm planning on giving it a shot as well. now I just need to find a way of getting to the place jan 10th.

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll pick you up if you need a lift. In fact I'll pick both of you up and we can bask in all that is Barenaked Ladies. The band I mean, of course. How early do you guys want to get up? The sign up is at the Fashion Show.

9. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    let me check my work schedule today and I'll get back to you on that.. I don't care how early we have to wake up...

When I first saw this post I thought you were actually challenging people to lose weight, like personally, and I was all like 'heck yeah' and i was thinking there was a prize at the end or something... but I guess this is cool too.....of course we could all drop in like $20 or $10 and whoever loses the most weight keeps the money.. you know, just a monetary incentive ontop of the weightloss incentive... but we can discuss this privately when we all get together with bare naked ladies (the band of course)...

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    The tenth is a Saturday, which means I don't have work (not that it would matter, since i work at 10:00pm). It all matters on if i work friday night. If I do, then I just won't go to sleep when i get home, and you can pick me up as early as you wanna go. If I don't, well then, just tell me when you want to pick me up, and I'll set my alarm for an hour before that.

And I'm always up for basking in Barenaked Ladies. (I'm perposly not saying "the band, of course" because I'd be up to basking in either... or both.)

11. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Hmmm... I don't want to quench the excitment, but I went here:

http://bally.know-where.com/BallyFitness2/

and tried to locate the nearest club in the valley. It would seem it's in San Bernadino...

Stands to reason that if they are signing up people here, they will have an alternate club line available for people to go to, like Las Vegas Athletic Clubs, or 24 Fitness or something.

12. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    hahahaha!!!

oh, sorry.

13. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Its ok I don't need ballys to lose weight and be on TV... I'll do it the old fashioned way... um, well i dont really know if its the old fashioned way since i dont really know how people lost weight in the days of 'old fashion' so nevermind.... but IM STILL IN!!!!

14. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    I think I am going to give it a shot, I say we have a contest between us in TSS and see who can lose the most weight, about 3 years ago I lost 100 pounds in 1 year, the first 3 months I lost 60 pounds so bring it on baby, Ill destroy you all :)

Ekul

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Ok so this Saturday how about I start picking people up around 9am since the mall opens at 10 and Darky has to work after 12p. Are you coming with us C?

16. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah count me in, are you going to pick us up at our house? Let me know

C

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah I can pick all you guys up at home and then make the journey together. We can all listen to CDs to get us in the 'mood' too if you guys want.

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ... [face_plain] ... funny.

Yeah so, I'm still in, as long as they do provide an alternate fitness club membership. You'd think Bally's would have a Bally's would have a Bally's Fitness... go figure.

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    can you pick me up too?

20. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Ok I need directions to your house moron, and we may be a little late picking up acthar.

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Pretty easy, I live at Warm Springs and Arroyo Grande, in the Viejo Verde Apartment Homes. If you tell me when you'll be here, I'll wait right outside the complex.

22. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    Well the time is coming soon and I am getting pumped I think that it is very important to set some goals before starting this. We should all post our goals here so Im going start.

My goal is to lose 5 pounds a week, if done it before so lets hope I can do it again :)

Ekul

23. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    So whats the deal? What time are we meeting? are you picking me up at home or are we all meetng somewhere else?

24. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll pick you up at 9 Darky, then Moron up right after that. How does that work?

25. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    9 like 9am?! SANTO CRAPO! thats early.. but yeah it works for me... what about C?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.