main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Well, to my surprse, I've lost 8 lbs since the beginning of the year! :D

2. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Well, I had a good food day yesterday. I actually probably should have eaten more but I didn't. For dinner I had "the big salad" with chicken (for the protein Chewie).

I walked Dogme for 20 minutes and I lifted weights. (Which is quite the site at the health club because the women all watch to see what I'm doing and watch my form because I actually have really good form while lifting . . . especially doing leg dips on a core board . . . makes the butt go OWWWWIE OWWWWIE OWIEEEEEE!)

I'm looking forward to a good day today. Planning to drop Christy off at school and then come back and walk Dogme.

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Way to go JADA! *Hugs go to Jada* :D

4. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Thanks Chewie! Your hugs are the bestest! ;)

With all that has happened today, I am determined to stay on this. I am not giving in to temptation to take out my sorrow and frustration with food. (see Tavern for why)

5. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Day 23:

Yesterday, may have been the day that makes me even more determined to lose weight. I failed to eat breakfast. After work, I had a Slushee and two Chocolate bars and failed to exercise. I realize that I constantly break promises I make to myself. While I did not consciously tell myself that I promise to lose weight, it's an agreement I make with myself nonetheless. I told myself I could have the slushee IF I promised to exercise in the morning the next day and lift weights in the evening. This is something I am tired of and maybe a reason for my poor (yet improving) self image. More on my Xanga site.

6. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Hang in there Chewie...

I have found that I have NO willpower. I really want to start my diet but everything keeps getting in my way. Problem, come April I am going to freak out about not loosing the weight and be upset with myself!

So...

I need to do it! Now even more so... doc said my cholesterol is 159 [face_shocked]
    Holy crap! I am only 31?shhhesh! Well the South Beach diet should help that since it was designed for heart patients. Coolness

Let the salads begin.

Now if I could just find a grocery store not on strike!
    Thinking that Moe and I will bring a cooler out for the wedding and do grocery shopping while in AZ.

7. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Well, my diet has been going pretty well. My grandmother has been here for the past week and she has been told that she has to gain weight. She is about 5'7" and weighs about 105 pounds SO, my Mom and I have resolved to have her leave Arizona heavier than when she left it. Unfortunately that means hig fat, high carb stuff in the house like cookies, doughnuts and assorted pasteries. Not to mention cooking with bacon and not draining all the grease from cooking hamburger and sausage and stuff.
    Ass Woman has been good however, and not had any of those items. I did fall for advertising hype, however, and bought TrimSpa. I know, I know, there is no miracle pill, BUT, I have convinced myself that it is working and now all the depression eating is down the drain because I know that I am not hungry, it's just emotional. Besides, it's got some good stuff in it too so all in all not bad.

8. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Day 24:

Nutrition wise, yesterday I did pretty good. I ate breakfast (preapred the night before) and did not stop at any fast food place or conveniance store to buy some candy. On the exercise front, while I worked out yesterday morning, I did not work out at night like I wanted to do. Still am I noticing very slow and subtle changes in my physique. Maybe this time around, I'll do better. I still not to moderate my nutrition by not going from one extreme to another.

9. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Went into the gym and worked on firming up my assets [face_laugh]

Even with all the stress yesterday, I did great eating.

I've got a good motivation going and I feel positive.

I'm working on even when I don't feel positive still committing to eating healthy and exercising.

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Went to karate last night...

can barely move today...

11. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    ^ that was me last week!

Made it through Sam's Club and only sample a piece of chicken.

12. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I would really like to take Karate...I should look into that around here... hmmmm Goes to find a phone book

13. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I survived mass temptation last night. After the ordeal with my neighbor I was feeling sorry for myself. That and I have Zoo's insomnia. But I resisted the power of the fat side! :D

14. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Day 25:

Well, I think this week is a bit of a bust. I did not go full out binge but at night, after work, I did not eat right on some nights. I think I had 1 good nutrition day and 3 so-so days. Although I am happy to report that on none of the days did I binge all day. I think I had a blah week which caused me not to exercise. I think that I will regroup this weekend and do better next week.

15. Tigrrl

Tigrrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    Hi. I am just hopping in to this thread.

I started the South Beach Diet before Thanksgiving and lost about 10 lbs before the holidays hit in earnest and I fell of the wagon and was left in the dust. I haven't quite gotten back on yet, but I have tracked down where it is and am jogging to catch up. ;-)

Actually, I've started walking. I'm inspired by my best friend who is now walking 1 1/2 miles every day and has lost 40 lbs. Woohoo! Yesterday and today I walked a mile. I set my sights low just to get started.

Eating is the hard part now. A job I actually liked ended last Friday and I'm having a difficult time not resorting to bad food (such as carbs, sugar, etc.) to give myself an ethereal high (followed by miserable lows, I keep trying to remind myself about that). Glad to not be alone!

16. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    That's what this is, a support group. This is design for people to know they are not alone in their pursuit of health through fat loss. It is also a place to post your successes and failure so that other people can feel they are not alone. I urge everyone to post here often so that you can receive support and release your emotions here rather than through cookie dough or whatever tempts you.

17. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Right now I'm just not eating. The stress just stolen my desire for food.

18. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Hang in there Jada!

Okay, I admit it, I had a hamburger with cheese and jalapenos last night. I am not ashamed and I will not apologize. I made a mistake but I will move on.

Whew, that was liberating. I am trying to own up to my mistakes, but not to let them beat me down. An occasional hamburger is okay, I can live with that.

Moved into the apartment last night,now just gotta get into the habit of getting up at 4am to exercise in the exercise room before work. My dad doesn't think I can do it, but my fiance and my Queen do. I hate to be a beggar, but some encouragement would be nice to get me through the time period where I am making this a habit. It takes about a month of doing something everyday to make the action become habit. I'm starting that month TODAY!! Wish me luck.

19. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Heh heh... I have to be up that early to go to work, at least 4 days a week... I can always call you (a cupla times) to help you remember to get the cellulite of justice into gear... :D

20. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Such support Captain my Captian would be greatly appreciated. I knew that I could count on you. Now...about helping me move... :D

21. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Last year I got a pair of pants and my friend told me they made my butt look big.

I wore them today and she told me that the outfit I was wearing was very sliming!!!! :D

22. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    I think that everything you wear looks very slimming. . . and forget about what the rest of them say!
    Oh, today is my free day, so I had pizza but with veggies and no extra cheese. I think that is pretty good. I didn't even eat the extra crust!

23. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    So far today:

Tons of water
    coffee
    yogurt with wheat germ (karp I forgot to buy more yogurt!)
    brown rice
    banana

Where's the protein!!!! [face_shocked]

24. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    ;) You know I was going to ask that Jada.

*Sending some encouraging words and support to you Imaprincess and JADA* You can do it!

25. Tigrrl

Tigrrl Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2003
    Today is day 5 of walking a mile a day! My eating is completely out of control. I keep having chocolate urges. At least I'm getting exercise and feeling better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.