main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Go have your cholesterol checked. It worked for me! :(

2. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Got up at 4am today and didn;t feel like going out to the workout room...TOO COLD! So I did an exercise tape in the living room. 30 min of cardio including power yoga and kick boxing. 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast with lots o water and some hamburger patties with onions, garlic, basil and cheese that I made for lunch. Doin good so far. Lets see how long it lasts!

3. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    kicked my own butt strength training today! :D

And one of my ladies who hasn't been in in 2 months said I looked skinnier. (OK, me and skinny in the same sentance [face_laugh])

4. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I'm not on a diet (not enough money or time) but I have to walk 30 minutes to the City Market for cheap produce and then walk UP a giant hill with all my groceries on my back. My legs are a LOT firmer after twice a week for three weeks. Woohoo! No wonder so many people are in decent shape in England.

5. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, my round butt fell off the wagon and rolled down hill.My bro ordered pizza ( I did good last time they ordered),It got there and I tasted the philly steak and cheese [face_love].Next thing I know i am stuffed like a bass in a bait shop.

I gained 4 lbs due to my lapse. [face_plain]

why is it i can work my rear to the ground and lose 2 pounds,but if i even think of a choclate shake my butt jiggles so bad Bill Cosby would be proud.
    J-E-L-L-O: its cellulite. [face_laugh]

6. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Do NOT mock the sellulite. Who knows, you might be the sequel to Ass Woman in the making. Don't worry about the lapse, just accept and move on to do better next time. Thats what I do. . .that and fight termites. Damn termites and their tunnels of dirt. . .on my ceiling!

7. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Sending supporting vibes to all who are working hard to lose fat.

Imp. Birr-Just brush yourself off and get back on. Stumbling and mistakes are going to happend to all of us but it is those that make us stronger.

Day 29:

Yesterday was another good day. I worked out despite not feeling up to it. I also ate well nutrition wise. After I worked out, I did have some Wendy's but the only thing I should not have eaten was the frys. Other than that I think I had a good day. I did some cardio, a 20 min HITT.

8. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Ass Woman's sidekick . . . Hairy Butt Man!

9. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Day 30:

Well, it's been a month since I started my diet and while I am not where I want to be and am on the path to wellness. Yesterday was also a good day nutrition-wise. I ate too little calories but all in all I was not hungry. I did not go to the gym due to a commitment at night. I went to Jack and had a cheeseburger and a chicken sandwich, Atkins style. I also had a Diet Coke at the meeting I went to at night.

Day 31 (Today):

I have a short day at work so I will not eat well. Exercise wise, I will not go to the gym but I will go to one of those rock climbing gyms. I have a date with my "friend". More details on this will be on my Xanga site tommorrow.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Hey Jada, Am i hairy butt man? :D

I read a show about colon cleansing (aka high colonic) and it states that alot of food never leaves your large intestine.It just sit in there making poo gas and giving ppl a "gut".the show went on to talk about it rots in your intestin and causes gas and bad smelling BM, plus since it is just rotting it can alo release toxins and cause abdominal pain. The show talked about stars get colon cleansing to get rid of the little bulge, and lose weight.the average person will lose anywhere from 10 to 45 lbs with a first colon cleansing.It also makes BMs easier and you feel a whoile lot better when its done.
    case in point when Jhon Wayne died he had 25 lbs of undigested read meat in his colon.

Now ill be the first to say that i am not to hip on someone power washing me from the in side out.But i can see the very obvious advanteges to weight loss and health improvment.

11. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Truthfully it is something I've been interested in doing. I too am apprehensive about the process and I want to find a reliable health spa that is clean.

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I like the idea of the health benefits, but i think it might be odd to walk in to a place and ask"would you wash out my butt for me"

13. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    [face_laugh] @ IB!!!

I just finished eating a HUGE salad! Yummy!

14. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    okay, I have been SOOOO BADDDD the past 4 months. okay, I have not gained anything, but I have not lost either.

So today I decided, it is the quest to 205 by July 1st. So, come along for this 20 week ride while I lose 40 pounds!

I want to look decent shirtless at the beach ;)

15. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    I was down another pound according to the doctor's scale.

16. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    Ass Woman already HAS a sidekick, Super Seamstress (she sews up the pants that split due to the cellulite of justice).

Chewie-I have also been interested in a high colonic, but I saw Margaret Cho do a stand up on it and she said that they put the tube in the wrong spot. They fixed it, of course, but still, eeeeeewwwwww. Any luck finding that spa? Plus, how expensive is it anyway? The draw back to doing it, I have heard, is the it washes everything out, even needed nutrients so you can't have it done that often.

17. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    **Engage Nurse Mode**

Hey guys...I'm so proud of all of you for your efforts and as soon as this baby is born, I will again be joining the ranks of the hopeful loosers.

Just a word on "high colonics"..

They are simply enemas, high volume enemas. Yes indeed they clean out your colon, but they are basically useless unless you have a problem with your bowel movements, such as fecal impaction, or constipation. By the time food reaches your colon, all that your body needs to absorb from what remains are some vitamins, water and a few nutrients. Everything else is absorbed well in advance of this, including the fat and sugar you ingested. There is no real reason to get a high colonic unless you are having the afore mentioned bowel problems. Not only will you loose the water and nutrients, you loose the benefit of the fiber in your stool that is meant to come out naturally. The reason you are encouraged to have a high fiber diet is that it keeps you from getting constipated and getting hemrrhoids, and that it keeps the muscle tone in your bowels in excellent condition. Without fiber in your diet, you not only can develop problems with bowel movements, you loose tone in your intestinal muscles with can lead to serious problems like diverticulitis, polyps, and colon cancer. High colonics may seem to reduce your weight on the scale, but it is only fecal and water weight, not true weight loss and doing these for non-medical reasons is not only ill-advised, but can lead to a dependence on them to even have a bowel movement. Plus, they just don't feel that good. Believe me, I've given high volume enemas to patients for medical reasons and not a single one of them ever jumped up and said, "THAT FELT GREAT! GIVE ME MORE!"

**Disengage Nurse Mode**

Keep up the great work guys, I'm rooting for you!

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    it keeps the muscle tone in your bowels

the six pack no one wants to see.

19. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Day 31-32:

These two days were a bit weird as well as tommorrow will be. I am going structure-less so my eating will not be right but i promise you all this, I will not go overboard. Speaking of overboard, after I went to meet my "friend", which she didn't show, I went to an all you can eat Chinese Buffett and had three plates, not filled to the brim or any fried stuff. I ate a lot yet was not full, but I was satisfied. I also was happy that I had mostly stuff made on Woks rather than fried. Good luck to all my fellow losers!

princess: I am not seriously looking, if I come across a reputable one in my journeys then I'd go but it is not a priority.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont think they would tickle.I think it would actully be alot like sitting on a garden hose. The reason I would consider one is just to get any old red meat out of me pooper.eww

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    ^^^^^^^ i don't know him.

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    And Wench doubted that she'd pass her test? :p

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
  24. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    down 12 pounds!!! :D

25. Ima_princess

Jul 5, 2003
    All this talk about poo is kinda grossing me out. Especially that sixpack comment. EWEYEWEYEWEYEWEY Poo stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.