Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Tigrrl Jedi Knight

I gave up on getting my eating under control and focused on exercising, starting small with walking a mile a day and worked my way up to a mile and half a day over the course of a week. Then, on Tuesday, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and I walked to the bank. Unfortunately, I hit some very uneven pavement (1" difference in height) and sprained my ankle, so that killed my exercising. Fortunately, to make up for that, I've been eating a lot better and have held steady.

The fabulous news is that I've been hired on permanent at the place where I was temping until recently! I'll have health insurance this time, more job security, and they have a nice campus for walking during lunch breaks!

My ankle is less tender and was I able to walk without limping today, so tomorrow I plan to get back "on the road again."
  2. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hit some very uneven pavement (1" difference in height) and sprained my ankle, so that killed my exercising.

:(

Tigrrl, is there anyway for you to get into a pool? If you got a fun noodle (walmart $1.50) you could do suspended walking. Water takes the pressure off the joints.
  3. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been sick for several days, so weight loss has not been a priority. I will start over as soon as I get well.
  4. Ima_princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Princess has fallen off the bandwagon, too much stress and a job that really sucks makes the Cellulite of Justice expand to ginormous proportions and self esteem shrink to the size of a lima bean or smaller. ICKY!!!! Anyone know where I can find a better job that has insurance? Princess is sinking here. . .need a noodle!
  5. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chewie and Princess: Just jump back on. Don't flog yourselves. I know that we can all do this. But first of all, love yourselves just as you are because you are both wonderful people. [face_love]
  6. KREATOR Jedi Knight

star 1
    Been kinda bad myself.

No gym for 4 days. Added stress, stitches removed from my foot and a pounding headache today. Blah.

Hopefully get back on track tomorrow. Gotta keep shaping. One of these days Ill have to post a before and after. 40+ ago I looked pretty bad. Now, I think I am beginning to like what I see in the mirror.

:)
  7. chickey Jedi Knight

star 2
    2 weeks, 5 pounds, sore muscles....

all good.
  8. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder how may calories you can burn while moving pallets? hhhmmmmmm.

I am starting to feel better though...no longer do I wake up in the morning feeling like my mother... I guess my body is getting used to the abuse!

Giving up 'sugar' for Lent is the start... Last week was all about chocolate and sweets...No More... first the sugar then the other stuff needed to get my butt in gear...
  9. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    In the interest of saving money for trekking across Ireland in May, I gave up buying six icecream cones for 99p every other week and £3 pounds worth of chocolate. (Dude, it's Cadbury!!!) I'm hoping that the absence will also help my waistline, lol.
  10. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Cadbury!!! Oh god I miss Ireland!

Can't wait to go back!
  11. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glory be and frell it! Mom and Christy are making M&M brownies! :mad:

But at least I got a laugh from the M&M bag. It's the Bunny mix! [face_laugh]
  12. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :( I couldn't resist the brownies! I ate one and now its just guilt guilt guilt! :_|
  13. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    i was forced to use "salad cream" on my salad today in a coffee shop, since they didn't seem to carry anything else (tasted a lot like tart mayo). [face_shocked] But the salad was full of all sorts of yummy veggies my body was dying for. And I had just finished traversing all across a museum and ruins, so the ol bean got some exercise too.
  14. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, working in a warehouse may cause a lot of scratches and bruises...but I feel that I am already loosing weight. I get going at 7am and I don't stop...until 5pm sometimes with only a 30 minute lunch!

If I sit down for more than 10 minutes I feel like I am being lazy...

We will see how this works out...
  15. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I plateaued since I hurt my back :(
  16. KREATOR Jedi Knight

star 1
    I actually made it to the gym 4 days this week. Learned a couple of new ab exercises too. Yeah!!!!

Fridays I usually take off. But, assuming the rain stays away, will be playing basketball on Saturday morning.

Continuing to take my protien shakes, Mega Man (GNC) vitamins, Zinc, and a few others. They seem to help. Gives me a little added energy

I havent lost any wieght. In fact Ive gained a few pounds but I have increased my strength on a couple key exercises. So Im gonna say it is muscle wieght although I have eaten really poorly lately. Too much brew and fried food. :)
  17. Ima_princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    Meh-I give up! Until I find a new job and become happier the diet will have to wait. I'd rather spend what little free time I have with friends than with machines that do nothing but mock me with their shiny metal knobs and heavy, heavy weights. Still aiming for 70 pounds before the 19th of March 2005, don't think I'll make it, but I'll try!
  18. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd rather spend what little free time I have with friends than with machines that do nothing but mock me with their shiny metal knobs and heavy, heavy weights

ROTFLMAO!!!! [face_laugh]
  19. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember Paste in school??

Yeah, try Low carb yogurt! Same stuff I tell ya!
  20. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope I was wrong!

Not Paste...

Elmers Glue, with a slight hint of Vanilla!
  21. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    The last two days, I've been getting up early and going to the gym to exercise.
  22. Sith_Wench Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'm still plateaued but I'm able to start weight lifting again.

Did 20 reps adducting and abducting 160 lbs today.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.