main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    I have lost 3 pounds since last week. I have gotten up 4 days in a row to cycle for 25 minutes.

Also, I am starving when I wake up in the morning. I havent had that feeling since I was in highschool. Wow, that was 16 years ago.

2. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i've been noticing that too lately... i'm absurdly hungry when i wake up. you'd think i hadn't eaten in days. good lord, could my body actually be processing food for once?!? ;)

keep up the good work, my weight loss thread buddies. :D

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    WOOHOO!! Congrats jupitertronic and -Master-!! That rocks!!

Well, I survived ketosis. YAY!!! Poor Void, MrBunny, jupitertronic, and ChoadsGirl got to listen to me complain mightily while going through it. Thanks guys!!! The celery-n-peanut-butter snacks were worth it. :D

And wouldn't you know it, my body is now beginning to produce heat. [face_laugh] Okay, I'm a perpetually cold person - I freeze. Ask Rob. I can be standing in 95 degree weather and still shiver (not typical, but it's happened). But starting yesterday (Wednesday) and today, I've started getting HOT. As in, suddenly I notice that the house is rather stuffy, and wow... when did it get so warm? Am I actually starting to break into a sweat? So, open the windows, turn on the fans, and I'm a much happier girl. I think my metabolism has finally turned up a few notches. :D HOODY HOO!!! **does the happy dance** I also say this because today, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I've been hungry ALL FRIGGIN' DAY. LOL!! I've been eating too - good stuff like protein shakes, lots of veggies and fruit (apples!! Yum!!), and a piece of BREAD!!! (heaven!) I've never gotten to the point where I'm ravenously starving, just that underlying my-tummy-is-growling type hunger.

Oh, and my headache is finally gone. It stuck around for two days. I'm doing Pilates in the morning. YAY!!!

Weight loss, here I come!

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Is it hot in here or is it just you? ;)

5. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    **cracks the whip over IA** Watch it Chiss boy, or you'll find yourself floating home. :p [face_laugh]

6. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    You brought the whip. [face_love]

7. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Thats my Queen. ;)

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

As much as I'd love to, I will not comment any further on said whip.

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002

10. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    //ahem// What were we discussing again? Oh yeah, exercising. :p

11. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well having 'time off' has been great for my body. I am not sitting in a cube on a computer. I have been very active this week, cleaning house and the like. Also running around school. I would be doing more outside but it is to warm...bleehh. I know 80 for you is a blessing but over here with the humidity it is yicky.

My only downfall has been Pistachios. I bought a bag and those suckas are addicting. The I looked at the calories and fat. AAAAAAAAA!!!! Whoa they have more than a Corndog. Lot's of fruit and veggies to make up for it. I also increased my calcium intake, that is suppose to be good not only for being a woman but for weight loss too.

Tonight is gaming night and I am making falafels for the girls and we will snack on baby carrots and have Yogurt for dessert. Oh if you haven't tried Yoplait's 'whipped' yogurt I recommend it...very tasty!

On another front...Jedi Broad Squad members...remember to do your monthy self exam. My mother just found a mass in her breast and though the doc said it was nothing, I am still sweating over here. She also just found out that the thing on her arm is skin cancer. OYEVEY!!

12. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    3.5 pounds down, 16.5 to go.

13. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Does a little dance for her boss

14. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    4 pounds down, 46 to go. bleh. it's a start, though. :)

15. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Sistine:
    I wouldn't worry too much about the fat in nuts. The fat in nuts is mostly of the monounsaturated kind, the good kind. Usually it's when it's processed into peanut butter that the fat becomes a problem. Which why I like Natural Peanut Butter.

16. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Weighed in Saturday morning and saw that I lost 5 pounds. :D

Ate pizza Saturday night and gained 2 back. :(

No more pizza!

17. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Master: Maybe it's water weight. Anyway a 2-3 lbs loss/week is a good thing.

18. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning (after going to the bathroom of course ;) )

That way I should get an accurate and steady reading.

19. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Well, I haven't lost any weight according to the scale, but my trainer told me to only weigh myself once a month.

On the other hand, certain aspects of my body are looking trimmer. :D

20. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    ditto, master; i weigh myself pretty much every morning, always after bathroom and before breakfast.

i had some pizza on saturday too, but i still lost a pound. as long as i eat sensibly i'm usually okay, i think the reason for my weight is lack of exercise and not lack of nutrition sense (for the most part).

so i'm now officially down 5 pounds. yay! :D

21. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Good job.

My goal is to fit back into my clothes and lose about 15lbs by the time Luke is born.

22. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I don't ever want to fit back into my old clothes. That was 80lbs ago, that stuff is huge on me :D

23. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    Wow, that's fantastic that you've lost so much weight Zoo.

I've got a whole spectrum of sizes in my closet. Unfortunately, I'm currently at a size 12, which is the largest I've been in awhile, but I'm still holding out hope that I can fit back into my size 8 jeans...so those remain in my closet. I take them out every once in awhile and get nostalgic. :)

24. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    I am just trying to stay with a 34 waist.

25. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Now if I can just get rid of this stupid gut, I'll be much happier. The problem w/ losing 80lbs is that the container does not go away as fast as the contents. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.