Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the ole' scale says I am down one pound from last week but the old pants-o-meter says I can fit back into my size 36 pants. (My size 40, which I bought so I can layer thermals underneath, was staring to fit too snugly.)
  2. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    i've been dead tired and have missed a day or so of yoga (not in a row), but i've been helping build sets at mcc, so maybe that counts as exercise. :)
  3. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Got in a killer workout at karate last night. Sheesh! It rocked, though. :) I'm down 3½ pounds. Not huge success, but success it is. I'm going to continue to work on "modifying my eating habits." (I'm also trying not to say "I'm on a diet" to anyone. ;) )
  4. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, since everyone who eats is on a diet, because what you eat is your diet, you just have to change what that entails. Makes it sound so easy huh? I'll tell you what, I thought it would be a lot harder than it has been. But, for the most part, I have no desire to return to the way I used to eat. I've found some great subsitutes for the things I still crave (chocolate being the prime suspect), and the rest is available to me, just on a greatly reduced level.

And for those in dire need of an Ice Cream fix. Try the Blue Bunny - No Sugar Added Reduced Fat Ice Creams. Excellent stuff, Rocky Road, Neopolitan, Banana Split, etc. Yummmmmmmm [face_love] Try looking in your Supercenter Wal-Mart if you can't find it at the grocery store. They carry the full line.
  5. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    So a diet of Fruits, veggies and Luna Bars make you feel pretty good...until you eat something crappy and then...you feel it...blah! Gross!!!

Checking my credit card statement I found that I still have my Gym membership even though they have had my card for a month now! Guess I should get over there...
  6. -Master- Jedi Master

star 4
    I have lost a solid 5lbs now. My pants dont feel so snug now and I can bring my knees up to my chest again while tying my shoes.
  7. Rhiannon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Woo hoo! That's great Master. You're making lots of progress...losing weight, stopped smoking. :)

Well, I've had quite an adventure with my weight training. Trainer was working me to failure and I felt so tired every night that I could hardly move. Called in once to ask for new trainer and never got called back. Called again and talked to owner about situation and got scheduled with a lady trainer for Monday.

Went in on Monday and she was not there. Was given some lame-brain excuse why she wasn't there, but told she would call me. By this afternoon, she still hadn't called me.

...So I called into gym and asked for lead trainer since I still hadn't heard from this lady trainer. I was told that the lead trainer wasn't there so I asked to speak to the gym owner. What a surprise! The lead trainer is there and he tells me that they couldn't find my phone number. I asked him how could that be since I'm in the computer system! Well, I was given her number and called her. She can "fit me in" on Thursday.

I'm going in tomorrow to speak to the owner. I don't even want to use their gym anymore!

[face_devil]
  8. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    You go Girl!!! Get em!
  9. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
  10. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Beating up on stupid people is a good workout [face_mischief] ;)
  11. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Really [face_devil] I have a few names on my list...maybe that would be a way to burn some calories....Whaaa ha ha ha!
  12. Rhiannon Jedi Knight

star 3
    My list has been getting larger over the last few days. [face_devil]

I can't stand it when people belittle my intelligence. They go to the top of the list. :)
  13. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Will find out how much weight I've lost tomorrow... er... later tonight. [face_blush] Karate workouts are getting more intense now too - Sensei's been having us do strength-building stuff this week. Eegads. My poor thighs. :D LOVE the burn, LOVE the soreness. Makes me feel like I'm being productive.

Oh, and we're also now on a schedule of 4 to 5 days a week. Monday (regular class), Tuesday (self defense and Arnis), Wednesday (regular class and soon-to-be grappling), Friday (regular class) and Saturday (grappling). I've gotta look to see when Shinkendo nights are again. I really wanna do that too.

Oh - Arnis is stick fighting, Shinkendo is sword. :D WOOHOO!!
  14. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I'm down 1 pound from last week. But the ole pants fit better, so the scale lies to me sometimes.

FYI, In order to reduce the soreness from a workout the night before, take some glutamine. Should help a lot.
  15. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    I am still doing the upper body and not doing any thing for the soggy mid-section. I had planned on getting a good ride in (hehe) this week but the rain has turned the arena into a mud bog! Not safe for horses and riders alike.

The owner of the ranch has had it with her house so I have been helping her clean it. Oh, the joys of scrubbing tile grout with a toothbrush. Between shoveling the Poodo and scrubbing the floors my shoulders are screaming at me. Hot bath....aaaahhhhh!

HOWEVER, I was able to put my 33in waist 501s on straight out of the dryer...and that is a good thing!
  16. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I've been doing all of my back and abdomen strengthening exercises every morning and they seem to finally be kicking in.

Soon I will have to buy new jeans :D Right now I can survive with a belt, but soon the gut will diminish I will have to get new ones. If it kills me, I am going to get rid of this thing. One of the main things that bugs me about this condition, Apple Shaped Body :(

But good news, I am down to a chin and a third now. :D
  17. jupitertronic Jedi Knight

star 3
    i've been doing winsor pilates every night since monday and i already feel like i'm in WAY better shape. one of the little brochure type things that came with the winsor pilates thing says like, "weight loss... mwf: accelerated program... t,th: 20 minute workout." so i've been doing that.

anyway, after i popped the dvd in on sunday night to see what i was in for (and tried a few exercises to see how good i was), i was like, if this doesn't make me lose weight, i don't know what will. i like this cause the exercises are simple enough that you don't struggle wondering if you're doing it right, but they do enough to your muscles that the exercises are *really* challenging.

but like i said, because it's right on the line of being too hard and just easy enough, you feel like you're accomplishing a lot and it sort of gives you a self esteem boost. always a good thing. :D

the pain about it for me is as soon as i'm done i *feel* a lot thinner, but then i look in the mirror and don't see what i feel. bleh.

the scale says i'm the same i've been, but i'm fairly sure my stomach has gone down quite a bit (my abs the most), cause at one point while i was getting dress this morning, i automatically went to grab my stomach fat or something (i guess as a reminder to myself to work out? rofl), and i was like, "hey, there's hardly anything to grab!" it was pretty neat, even if i did feel kind of like a dork. ;)

good job, everyone. we're doing great! :) i mean it's almost mid-february and we're still going strong... most people who made new year's resolutions have given up by now, you know? we rule! :D
  18. -Master- Jedi Master

star 4
    Keep up the good work :D
  19. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Support is essential which why I am grateful to you all. You help keep me in line and prevent me from getting that donut that I want so much but I don't need. [homer] mmm...donuts. drools [/homer]
  20. -Master- Jedi Master

star 4
    I am pleased that I am still 5lbs lighter after the weekend. Usually I put back on 2lbs.
  21. Rhiannon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I started with my new trainer finally today. Yet again, I feel like I've paid way too much, but I won't make that mistake again. [face_devil]

Good news for me though - I was at the dr's today and I've lost 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks. :)
  22. -Master- Jedi Master

star 4
    clap clap clap clap clap
  23. Sistine Jedi Master

star 4
    Gets up and does a little dance!!!

Go People...Go People....

My personal goal is to fit into my hand costume for Con and look darn good in it too! Perhaps even need to buy a smaller pair of vinyl pants!!

Let's hear for the Booth Bunnies! (wrong type of bunny dude)
  24. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope everyone is having a good day! Keep up the good work.

Edit: Well, checked the ole scale yesterday, and it seems to say I'm right back where I started yet I feel skinnier. Go figure!
  25. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I lost a few pounds the last few days, but that has more to do w/ not being able to eat solid food :(
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.