main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Keep up the good work everyone. Don't give up.

2. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Woohoo! I started tightening my belt another notch! Soon I'll have to buy new pants.

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, my face is definitely thinner, and karate is kickin' my butt lately - especially since I go so much now. But the scale? **sigh** The scale hates me. I've still not dropped more than those first 4 pounds. grrrrrrrrr

4. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, duh. :) Think about it. You're working out like crazy. You're losing fat, and gaining muscle. Since muscle is about 4 times as dense as fat, your not gonna drop that much weight, even though you're losing inches.

5. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, what Moe said.

6. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Moe, we had this conversation already. You don't need to lose weight!!! That's about as crazy as my Grandmother telling me I'm fat (which she does). I know you want more definition, but don't go disappearing on me. I'll hug you, and then wonder where you went.

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Moe, true... very true. Still, the counselors at Well4Life give me dirty looks and a lecture everytime I go in and the scale hasn't changed. Last week I went in and had dropped a pound-and-a-half. I almost started to cry with relief. And while the muscle is nice, there's still too much fat remaining. ARGH!!! :(

8. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    It took you a long time to put that fat on (I am talking from experience here), it will take you a while to take it off. Concentrate more on how your clothes are fitting you. Do you feel them looser? Can you fit in clothes you haven't worn in years?Is it time to buy a new wardrobe? Concentrate on that and less on the scale. "See" yourself as losing the fat and making progress. Don't let the scale or the counselors bring you down! You're doing great!

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Actually, yeah... my size 10 jeans *are* looser...

**hugs MexChewie** THANK YOU!!! :) Every little bit helps!

10. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I can feel a difference in my clothing even though the scale is not moving...Scales...we don't need any stinking scales!

My workout in the last week has really kicked my butt! My thighs hurt, my abs are killing me and I won?t even go there about my arms... UUUUGGGgggg!

My secret: Lot's of riding!!!...I am afraid my horse will drop out from under me here real soon!

EDIT: Well this next week is going to stink...the arena is a bog! :mad:

11. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, some good news. :) Dropped 2½ pounds during the past week - must've been all that walking at Disney. [face_laugh] But, my god, the jerk counselor lady doesn't even say "Nice job," or "Keep it up." She just smugly looks at my file and says "but you initially started at 144." I'm at 141.4 :mad: Effin' bite me. I've lost 5½ pounds fer cryin' out loud!! Starting the program and getting used to eating all the real food (veggies, meats, fruits and drinking all that water) actually made me gain 3 pounds at first, because my body wasn't used to eating good stuff in such large quantities (we do the "eat 6-times a day" thing). So, hey, I think I'm doin' pretty good. I'll tell you, though, I'll be glad to get out of this stupid program.

12. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    If she won't tell you than I will: Congratulations on losing 2.5 lbs! Judging from your previous post that your pants are looser, you probably lost somewhere between 7-10lbs but gain lean muscle. By eating 6x/day and gain muscle you are blasting that fat from two fronts, from your metabolism and your muscles.

Give yourself a reward at least one meal a week. A food that is not good for you so that you can maintain your sanity. It will be a way to use your willpower if during the week you are tempted to cheat. You can tell yourself you will cheat later. Like I said it maintains your sanity but there is also a physiological benefit to cheating once in a way (by that I mean once a week.)

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    **hugs MexChewie** Thank you!! :) :)

14. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002

Way to go!

Have you taken your measurements?

I did it that way, I ignored the scale and focused on the inches lost. When I first moved out here I was in a 38" 501 jeans. I am now in a 33". My weight did not drop a huge amount and most people don't believe me when I tell them that I weigh...(as of right now) 156lbs. I am totally cool with being 150lbs if I am built like a Brick 8-} house!

15. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    All my clothes are feeling looser too. Although I have dropped 8lbs. The second chin that was starting to develope is gone and my stomach and abs are starting to define again.

Must continue! :D

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, now that I can breathe again w/o sounding like a TB ward, I am back to my exercise routine. I am now including a lot of deep breathing stuff and hoping to get into some Tai Chi (it's all about the low impact for me :D )

17. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    WooHoo, down 9lbs.

18. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    the 2 pounds i put on at disney were gone as of yesterday, and i lost another pound on top of that. :D

my vcr and dvd player do NOT want me to lose weight, i've realized. the dvds skip and then stop, and the tapes think there's no more to play and stop automatically. even keeping my finger on the "play" button doesn't work. :p

so, to counter that as well as possible, i've been keeping myself busy with menial chores. cleaned the kitchen for my mom yesterday, cleaned my very messy room the day before, and today i washed my car (and cleaned out the inside).

i know it doesn't sound like much, but usually i just go online or play gamecube, so my body's like, "woohoo, party!" ;)

19. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I have fallen off the horse...so to speak. I have not been able to ride for a week now...grrrr! I did however go to the Gym and learn the different machines...Needless to say I couldn't walk the next day and I had pain in muscles I didn't know I had.

The lady at the Gym asked me what my personal goals were. I smiled and replied, "I want to be built like a Brick **** house by this summer." I think her look was worth my dues for this month.

20. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Well Brandy, if you're too sore, I'd be happy to massage those muscles for you. :D

21. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
  22. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I think I regained at least 2 pounds tonight. :D I downed the "Widow Maker" burger at Claim Jumper. Yes. The whole thing. plus most of the fries, and still managed to pack in some dessert.

Funny, you'd think I'd been carb deprived lately, or something... ?[face_plain] ;)

23. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    I know how you feel. I gained 2 pounds back eating at the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday night.

24. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Er..*RAISES HAND*

Mind if I join y'all? In addition to the super-terrific Lego Star Destroyer that my hubby got me, he also purchased a year's membership to the local healthclub. It's time for me to get my rear in gear after about six months off of my usual workout routine.

I used to power walk 5 mi/day, but that all fell apart last semester. Now I need someone to watch the kid while I work out and the local club has child care. YIPPEEE!

So I went yesterday for the first time and decided to do some cardio and then try Yoga.

So I worked out on the eliptical machine for 30 min and then went to a one hour Yoga class and it was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!

I'm totally addicted and I'm gonna be adding Yoga daily from now on. I really love it and for my first time I was surprised at how much I could do! I only couldn't do one pose fully and I was expecting a much worse experience.

So anyway, if you all don't mind, I'll be joining you on your journey to weight loss, health, etc.

25. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, now that I have access to my home gym again, and the time to workout, and the air with which to do so, I am beginning my old workout routine again.

Wish me luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.