main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Weight Loss Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    DON'T DO IT, SISTINE!!!! Be strong. Have faith in yourself. LOL Kill the M&M's!!!

2. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Good stuff at that site, MaxChewie. thanks

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yes, M&M's are [face_devil]. Good but evil. You are more worthy and worthwile than those candies. You are stronger than they are!

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    strong will.

but in weight loss, are ppl allowed to have the godo stuff once in a while?

5. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Of Course! But not everyday, maybe once a week. But a strict once a week.

6. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    OUCH!

I fell off the wagon last week. I think I went over my points every day, but not to far over. I don't think I gained anything back, but i restarted yesterday to get my act in gear. I had all 33 points last night, and so far today, I have had 15. I am leaving myself at least 15 for dinner tonight. I am going to make tacos! 1 point tortillas, free sour cream (or 1 depending on servings) 1 point cheese (1/4 cup) 1 or 2 points in beans, free green taquiero sauce, and then of course, my 93% lean beef.

I figure that i will have 4 tortilla tacos,for a total of like 12 points or so...

Crazy thing is, after eating small today, and having alot of stuff, I feel ALOT better then just going and "allowing" myself a low point burger from soem fast food place.

Now I am settled, I can finally keep my schedule on track ;-).

Ah well, I have yammered on enough now. 1 month till my brothers b-day, and 15 pounds to 250.... let's see what happens ;-)

I think I need to save up for a bike, so I can go riding around...

7. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I stood up to the temptation...and won. (I just wont tell you how... :()

That is another thread...
    Next Mountain...

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Did you smoke? :(

9. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I plead the 5th...

10. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I thought so... :) It's Ok, love. It's hard to quit.

11. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    I have dropped to 257 now!

my goal was to be at 250 by june 6th (my little brothers graduation)

I am going to be a good boy, and do my sit ups and push ups this week.

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I finally managed to lose another 5lbs! :eek:

So, that brings the tally to 85lbs :eek: :D

Now, if I could just get rid of the round shape, I'll be happy :)

13. chickey

Oct 21, 2002
    OMG, I am the proud wearer of a pair of size 38 waist shorts!

If only you knew how important this was for me ;-) I've gone from 46, to 38...

This calls for celebration! Twinkies for everyone!

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Kudos to anyone trying to lose weight and become more healthy, but to people out there trying to do that AND quit smoking...Hurray! You are braver than most!! That's gotta be tough.

Sometimes when I just feel the need to snack, etc. and water won't do it for me, I chew some bubble gum. It keeps my mouth busy (that's when I actually stop talking for five minutes mind you :p ).

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Support Bump :D

16. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    is that a hint ZOO?

17. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Good thing you bumped it because I have fallen off the wagon and I can't get up! Seriously though, have maintained a healthy, from 7am to 5pm, diet but have not returned to the gym. Mark my words, I shall return!

18. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    August is one of my worst months. Dog days of summer. Don't feel like doing anything. Right now I'm not even eating which I know isn't healthy at all. Then again, I've got the sore throat and pain in the neck.

And I've been subbing out my classes and not walking the dog which isn't good for the dog.

I NEED MOTIVATION!

19. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Is this thing working? Okay board are you going to post this or do I need to do a smack down.

Okay so I need to do something bad!!!

:_| I am a fat non-smoker

I put on 10 pounds since I quit...but between school and work...when the heck do you work out?

20. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Park as far away as you can from where you are going and walk briskly. In between classes, try to walk again.

I feel your pain, Sistine. When I first quit, it was amazing how much weight I lost. But now . . . I'm struggling. Keep at it and think about the good things . . . like the hunk of love you got ;) Not that I noticed him or anything [face_shocked]

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Take a good look at your eating habits... Are you eating to curb your need to smoke or to fill time? What are you eating? Are you indulging in too many simple carbohydrates? Are you getting enough protein? Are you eating one big meal a day and maybe nibbling during the day?

All of these things can affect how your body processes the fuel you give it... It can be used to give you energy and to release the "stored energy" you already have, or can be put into a state of starvation mode and store it all as though the world going to end tomorrow.

Then, once your energy levels are back up, get out and move your body! Dance while doing the dishes. Wiggle while washing the clothes... There are plenty of opportunities for increased activity, even in a busy day. :)

22. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, I am not completely back in terms of weight management but at least I began walking every night around my block. It's a start. I'll trying running or jogging in a couple weeks. Then I can return to weight lifting.

23. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Well ladies and gents, I am bumping this thread back up. I am happy to annouce that I am beginning, yet again, this fat loss journey and I invite you with me. I will be posting pictures and my thoughts as I travel on this journey. I am not sure if I will post it here, in Xanga or in some weight loss site. (If you know of any good ones, please let me know.) This will probably be a year-long process so I am committed to writing something about this every week or so, regardless if I am actually doing something or not. I ask you to be my support and my critics, so if I fall off the wagon I will know I have no place to hide. I hope all goes well, and as Bartles and James said, "Thank you for your support."

24. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    MC Good for you. I'm kind of, sort of, not really but trying to get back to healthy eating and exercising.

Since I'm only teaching 2 classes a week, I'm trying to really up my exercise. I've been walking the dog 5 times a week for at least 20 minutes each time. I'm also trying to monitor what I eat and drink and especially stay away from Coca-cola.

I even started a journal at the Dr. Phil website [face_laugh] but I don't like sharing stuff like that, not just yet.

Chewie, you can do it! :D

25. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    My self and Jay Webb(leethaxor) have started a new program, while we cant really excercise much sitting on our butts and answering phones we have gone to nothig but water whle at work we were doing just diet soda and jay did well (-70lbs) i didnt (-15lbs) so now no soda at work a small lunch and a good hearti-esk dinner and down to a cola a day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.