main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Weird Al at Meadowbrook - Friday, August 22nd

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MiraxTHorn, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

The man who brought us such classics as "Yoda" and "The Saga Begins" will be performing at Meadowbrook in Aug. Tickets go on sale this Friday and are $34.50 for pavilion and $18 for lawn seats.

Check out Meadowbrook's site for more information.

Regards,
    M.

2. Midwest_Fett

Midwest_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    I saw him there I don't know how long ago, 10 years maybe?....and the song he encored with was "Yoda"!!! :)

3. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Just thought I'd bump this up. Weird Al has got a new album out, "Poodlehat" with the usual fun and silliness (thought no new SW song.) There's one track written especially for all you Ebay junkies. :)

Regards,
    M.

4. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    This is going to be awesome, and doubly so because it turns out my dad had a cool streak in him and somehow scored free tickets for the family. :D I'm just hoping we see The Saga Begins in costume, bwaha.

5. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I've seen Weird Al in concert before, and yes, they do The Saga Begins in costume. :)

6. Darth_Tylirion

Darth_Tylirion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    He does everything in a costume. From Jedi Robes to "FAT" clothes.

Lots of energy, that one, he has...

-"Wierd Darth" Tylirion

7. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Welp, the concert was Friday and I went and it was FANTASTIC!! At 8, they brought out the warm-up comedian, a cop whose name I forget. He was pretty funny, though. And soon after that, out came Wierd Al!! He started with his new Polka, and then new stuff from Poodle Hat, which was nifty. But things for me really began when he did All About the Pentiums. He went through the best of his old stuff, even at one point doing a medley (he even did GUMP!!! Which is my favorite of all of his) of them. What really shocked me is, he did Smells Like Nirvana. Nobody I'd ever talked to remember that parody, and considering Nirvana's my favorite band of all time, it was just great. In between songs, he'd show random comedy bits, either a collection of stuff from shows/movies or an interview from Al TV. He ended the show with Fat, to which I was slightly disappointed as there was no Saga Begins, but he came out for an encore and it was Saga Begins! Not only that, but he did Yoda right afterwards! Great, great show and I'm glad I went.

8. JayceCavalier

JayceCavalier Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Mirax and I were there too, and you're right, that concert was EXCELLENT!!

Had a GREAT TIME!

-Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.