main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Weird Al: Spokane Interstate Fair

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mightyd4, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    So far I am pretty sure you only have to buy fair tickets to get into the concert.
    BUT... I know we talked about trying to contact Weird Al and seeing if he needs any Star Wars costumers on stage. Who is the PR person that would feel up to trying to do that?

Date is September 13th, 7pm (Thursday)

2. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I was planning on contacting him this month.

3. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    :D

Wierd Al? :D

Costumes? :D

Us?!? :D

I went to a concert that he put on in Riverfront a number of years ago. He put on an incredible show, made all the more suprising because the tickets were only $7. He obviously just loves to perform.

4. Rhett_Sarlin

Rhett_Sarlin Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2007
    holy crap, weird al's coming to the fair this year? :eek::eek::eek: i'm not the costume type i have to admit(yet anyway :p) but weird al is another of my greatest loves. i'll have to make sure not to miss it, gah :p

5. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I am officially- finaly- geting started on Zuckuss for the concert. Any help finding the best material for the cloak would be appreciated.

6. Abba_Suna_Delnara

Abba_Suna_Delnara Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2007
    It would be soo sweet to make my son an authentic looking Anakin costume. We, as a fam, love to sing The Saga Begins. One person starts humming and then My husband who can't help himself, knowing all the words, gets us going with the rest of it. Weird AL is Awesome. My older brother introduced him to my young ears many years ago. I think the first song I remember liking,(which is weird cause I was way too young to understand why it was funny) was Like Surgeon. I remember singing it over and over driving my parents crazy.

7. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!!!

http://ticketswest.rdln.com/EventDetails.aspx?evt=55721

8. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I was looking something up on Robot Chicken, and ended up finding this addtion to the Weird Al wikipedia page:

"During the encore of the Straight Outta Lynwood tour, the song "Albuquerque" is being performed in its entirety (with additional doughnuts and pet names added), marking the first time the song has ever been performed regularly..."

Is he even playing the Star Wars songs in this year's show?

9. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    All I know is I have 9 Gold Cirlce (GC) tickets....

Well, at least 4 of those are accounted for.

And yes, under $7 for tickets this year.

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I just sent Weird Al a message, and will let you know if I receive a reply before the fair.

11. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Any new info on this? Are we going in costume? if so, does anyone know if it is ok to be there in costume all day or any regs governing this?

12. Padmaye

Padmaye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2006
    Okay, did you not read the post from nearly two weeks ago with all the information pertaining to the Fair and Weird Al? Yes, there is a cost to attend the concert. If you fail to buy your tickets before hand (again, all the information is posted in the other thread), then you take your chances the night of the concert.

Yes, I am a little irritated - I spent time researching this and got in on line for everyone and it's as if nobody even paid any attention. I'll get over it, but honestly...

13. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Padmaye, as an outside observer, it does not appear that Smudge was asking any question that was covered by your research. He is asking if there are coordinated plans to attend in costume, and if there was any involvement for us on stage.

I too have not heard anyone coordinate a group attendance. Unless someone speaks up, I suppose we could just wander over to the food court at the top of any hour. That would make it easier to bump into each other.

14. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Just to clarify...
    Padmaye called me tonight and we were able to readjust some information.

She told me that she was referring to the starting post of this thread, not the_black_smudge's. There was a misunderstanding about how the forum sorts the threads and she thought that this one was started after hers. (Not everyone here is a forum addict). She went to a lot of trouble looking up the ticket info (which can be found here) and just wanted to make sure everyone was able to have access to accurate information. Again, please refer to this thread for ticket info.

15. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    That probably sounds like the best plan for those who want to meet up for the concert at the fair. I suppose there may be places there to change into costumes if people want to not be wandering around all day in costume.
    As far as involvement on stage, there has been no response to my message. I may try and resend it, but as of right now, there is no official plan.

And, thanks Cheeser, for taking care of the misunderstanding

16. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    wow, the things you miss when you're at work lol..............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.