main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL "Weird Al" Yankovic at Navy Pier - July 26

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I thought I'd point out that "Weird Al" Yankovic is giving two concerts on July 26 at Navy Pier, at 7:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at noon. I won't be able to go, as I'll be in Indianapolis for Gen Con, but this should be a fun evening. Maybe some Jedi could be in the audience for "The Saga Begins" and "Yoda."

By the way, the tour is to promote Al's new album, "Poodle Hat," which will be released on May 20.

Phil

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Damn!! Same day as the Metallica concert I'm going to. Why can't he open up for them??? :)

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd love to hear the polka version of "Enter Sandman". Er, wait, he's already done that, hasn't he?

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes. "Polka Your Eyes Out" is part of "Off the Deep End" from 1992. Al only tends to do his most recent polka medley, though.

Phil

Little ditty 'bout Homer and Marge.
    Her heart was as big as his stomach was large.
    Oh, yeah, they say love goes on,
    Long after the grilled cheese sandwich is gone.

5. Jediericacrawford

Jediericacrawford Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    I saw Wierd Al on the Running with Scissors tour in 99. It was worth the money and I had not laughed that hard in years.
    I may try to go this summer and bring my lightsabre this time around.

Erica

6. Lothos

Lothos Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Does anyone know how much these tickets are or where I can purchase them online?

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    You can buy tickets at either the Navy Pier Skyline Stage or at ticketmaster.com. Just do a search for Yankovic. The tickets are $37.

For those who can't make it to Navy Pier or who just can't wait, Al will also be at Summerfest in Milwaukee on June 26.

And I highly recommend "Poodle Hat." My two favorite songs on the album are "Hardware Store" and "Genius in France." I wonder if he'll dress as Prince if he does "Wanna B Ur Lovr" on stage.

Phil

They say, "Sign my poodle, s'il vous plait"
    "Sign my poodle, s'il vous plait"
    Hemenene humenene himenene homenene
    Poodle... poodle...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.