main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

weird responses you get when buying figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Orange_Sith, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_McFly88

Jedi_McFly88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    This is a funny story that happened to me:

Me and my friend were at a card convention at a mall. We walked into a nearby KB and I said that I can't wait to find a Yoda. As soon as I said Yoda, this weird KB employee jumps out of nowhere and starts saying "YODA? YODA? WE DON'T AVE ANY YODAS! I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE". I swear, the guy had like 50 cups of coffee in like 5 minutes. Right after we walked out of the store, a guy had his star wars stuff set up (we had already seen everything there). My friend suddenly saw a Yoda on the floor under his table. He bought it. We went back to KB, and found the guy. We showed him the Yoda, and he almost started chasing us. He tried trading figures of his, offering us money. We got fed up and ran away :).

2. Yoda_Windu

Yoda_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    haha lol, I would of done the same thing :)

3. Oro_Iri2

Oro_Iri2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    yoda isnt that hard to find where i live, there r usally about 10 in each store aournd that carries SW figures

4. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yoda was a peg-warmer around me for at least the first 3 weeks after the saga line was released in April.

5. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    In my area, you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than finding a yoda figure.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I only saw a Yoda figure once. That was when I bought it. Phew!

7. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    I saw yoda once and didnt buy him. :(
    But i lok young for my age so i dont get weird looks.

8. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

I LOVE my brother! He found a Yoda for me! He is mailing it to me! He is now officially my favorite brother! [face_love]
    *checks her mail to see if HER Yoda as arrived*

9. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    Employees at my wal-mart don't even know who yoda is!!

10. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *gasp!* [face_shocked] Surely you are kidding me! :mad: Even the people I know, who HATE Star Wars, know who Yoda is!

11. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    some girl in my class said: who's yoda?, and my freind just said: take that back!

Anyway, i just accuse people of being prejudice, if they cross the line of snide remarks.

12. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I had to drive to New Jersey to find my Yoda. The guy at the KB toys there told me they only get one Yoda per shipment. Sounds like Hasbro is ..... well evil.

Of course, when I came back home to Maryland, my friend at work had found 2 Yodas for me and my brother. When is rains it pours. That's okay, everyone should have their own Yoda. Even my mom.

Either I don't get looks or I've learned to mis-interpret them. I usually just smile like a crazy person cuz I'm too happy to be getting my figures than to be worried about their reactions. :)

13. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I have only had some crude remarks and looks thrown my way twice while looking for figures. The first time was during the "midnight madness" at Wal-Mart, the employees were standing around laughing and staring at all the nerds grabiing the toys and throwing them into shopping carts.
    Then the second time was one evening at the same Wal-Mart, this old woman who was restocking some of the girly toys asked me what I was looking for, and I told her "A few certain Star Wars figures". She gave me a strange look and started to giggle a bit. But I don't mind, she's old and going to die soon anyway. :p
    I have found that the employees at TRU and KB are the nicest ones you can find, because, after all, all they sell there is toys, so its quite normal for old dudes to be in there buying toys for themselves.

14. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    XR73627794

But I don't mind, she's old and going to die soon anyway

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I coudnt stop laughing!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA

15. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    today at ames i was with my friend Greg(a.k.a kowikan_monkey) for the big sale,
    there was a large cubic thing made with pvc pipes and bungee cords across the spaces to keep the dodgeballs inside form coming out,
    this was right by the Star Wars figures

he was trying to get the ball in over the top and he kept missing and hitting things off the shelves, a lady that works there came toward us right as he was making a shot
    it missed and landed right in her hands, she then scornfully told him that this was not a playground and to stop

i couldnt stop laughing

16. Karate_Kid

Karate_Kid Jedi Master

Jul 13, 2002
    I seem to always get mistaken for an employee when I'm going through the figures because I have usually just gotten off from work and am in my nice clothes. Then I have to explain that they are for me. How embarrassing.

17. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    My friends got mad at me when when I made them stop to look at every walmart from here to Canada.

"They all have the same stuff" they would say. But I knew they were wrong.

18. Orange_Sith

Jul 7, 2002
    my friend and i(from the ames story) are both star wars freaks though i am bigger collector he scorns me for some of the figures i get

19. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    A while back, I was buying a "Luminara Unduli", and the woman at the register turned to the woman bagging the scanned items and said, "This one again. Everyone's buying this one. I don't know why everyone wants this chick; I don't even remember seeing her in the film."

I couldn't help buy laugh. :)

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "But i lok young for my age so i dont get weird looks."

Dude, you're 13, you ARE young. :p

Anyhoo, no weird responses yet. Though when I get TEH GUNSHIP I bet I will. :D :D :D

21. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Wal-Mart is evil.

Over the past several weeks, I have been looking for the 12inch Count Dooku and Zam figures and I can't find them! I went back to Wallyworld today to see if they had any and there were this elderly couple that looked at me funny. So I told them I was looking for something for my little cousin "Luke". I don't have a cousin named Luke.

However, I did get 2 packs of Episode II stickers, one for the collection. And a set to put on my funds for Celebration III. Plus, the Insider and again I was given a funny look by the associate at Check-Out.

A few weeks ago, I again went to Wallyworld and got the lightsabers for display only. The clerks looked at me funny and said aren't you a little old. Again a tiny little white lie that I was getting this for my cousin.

Then last week, I got two Deluxe 12inch Jango Fetts, and they really started to freak out. In the eyes of the Wallyworld associates, they don't see an avid Star Wars collector, they see a 19 year old buying Star Wars toys.

The correct term I think they should use is avid Star Wars Collector. I'm really starting to get into this collecting deal.

But again, Wal-Mart is evil.

22. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    yeah, yoda seems to show up about once a week where i live.

23. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Sithman SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

24. Orange_Sith

Jul 7, 2002
    they shouldnt judge us by our interests

they should judge us by what figures we have and they dont

25. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    darn right ornage sith.

but i just get wierd looks when i search through the pegs. but i finally found an Anakin HD figure. i was excited. but i still cant find Yoda, although i only look at walmart and occationally Target. but i have to check toys r us one of these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.