main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

weird responses you get when buying figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Orange_Sith, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilguy24

evilguy24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    I'm with you lego dude, it just ain't fair when they make fun of our hobby

2. SW_Lego_Dude

SW_Lego_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Thanks evilguy!!

3. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    i get angry when the little kids mess up all the figures, and their mom's are like "come on, let's go" when they see me. i love when customers and employees give me funny looks, it's like they've never seen a geek before.

4. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Just diagree SW LEGO Dude, That's all :)
    I would be annoyed too, but I would've handled it differently.
    :p :p Unite SW Collecting Fans take pride in your Collecting, even when dealing with the "normals" He He :D
    BTW I have yet to meet a "Normal" human being
    [face_laugh] Sorry Orange Sith, I'm always getting off topic! :) LGM

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    On my last TARGET run I had the bad luck to have my checker be this guy i knew back in high school. Fortunately i was only buying one item :p It was LEgo "bounty Hunter Pursuit"

THe guy was like... wow, so... still into legos? And i said um, well, just star wars ones. and then left. and then i went home to put together my new toy :p I always gets weird looks because usually i am getting 4 or 5 things. Plus i go to my target abour 2-3 times a week.

PS Bounty hunter pursuit lego is cooL!!!!! I really like it.

6. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    This whole thread is one of the reasons I love my local K-Mart so much. Instead of having to deal with cashiers, the store has a self-checkout line that I can just zip through with my figures. Every store should have one.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ What is a self-checkout line and where do you live that they have one of those?

8. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Lego dude. Its one thing for you to have a witty response to someone "looking down on you". Its a whole nother thing to to become abusive, and spit in their face. That makes you look bad, and it makes star wars collectors look bad.

Am I saying she was right to be nosy or rude? No. I think your actions however made a bad situation much worse, especially when there would have been a lot better ways to handle it in my mind.

9. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Well MJF,
    A self-checkout line has a scanner that you run the items across yourself. It also has a computer touch-screen so you can select method of payment and receive change. It makes things a lot simpler than having to deal with cashiers.

They have the self-checkout at the K-Mart here in Johnson City, TN. Unfortunately, Target, Toys-R-Us and Wal-Mart have not caught onto the idea.

10. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    I concur BushiFox [face_plain]
    MJF, I also have these self check outs at some KMarts by me in NJ, Very convenient, but I think it's just for Credit cards isn't it?
    :) LGM

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Well what is to stop you from say scanning a $5 item and paying for it, but accidently forgetting to scan the $100 item you have and just walking out with it?

12. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    ^^ Yes, another new invention putting more people out of work. Woo hoo for more ways to exploit the work force!

13. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    MJF [face_laugh] Most KMarts by me have the anti theft devices by the doors :p So I don't see Alot of stealing going on. He He

14. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    stealing is wrong, very wrong, and why should we care what people think of us, i see all the "popular" kids from my school at my mall and when they ask me whats in the bag i proudly tell them, "It's a Star Wars Action Figure" they just say cool, so i say we all strut around with our bought figures like there is no tommorrow

15. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Yeah they have a self checkout Kmart by my house too! MJF, and i live semi near you :p in OC. Anyways yeah they are the greatest! Last time i went to Kmart I got 3 Spirit (That horse movie that came out a week after AOTC) toy sets for my friend's birthday, and a couple Star wars things. But I just self checked out and there was no problem. :)

Also, I used to live in Alaska and we got up there every christmas.... They have had self checkouts at the Fredmyers there for ver a yr! So if anyone lives near Fredmeyers, they have them too. Yeah hopefully Target will get some soon :) I swear my target has the slowest check out clerks EVER!

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ Not as slow as my Walmart clerks!

PS are you going to the costuming meeting in OC on the 29th? I am going, maybe I'll get to meet you.

17. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    Yea the self-checkouts are quick. And they have clerks right after the checkout to help with any problems and stop any shoplifters.

Anyway, I am pleased. I just went to TRU for some Star Wars goodies and the checkout girl (I say girl because she was undoubtably younger than I am, man that feels good to say) did not question my purchase or make any comments toward my maturity. A good thing too because in the mood I was in today, if I had gone of, it would have been the first time I'd have been asked to leave a Toys R Us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.