main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Back Ft. Lauderdale "Visitors" to Dragon Con!

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Jace, Why is O.J. still participating in golf tournaments? Not exactly a perfect world, is it?....And money is often a great social "equalizer".

2. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Okay, I don't know anything about this con. The organizers, the promoter, nothing. But you are in a public forum comparing the promoter of this con to the likes of a murderer? Wow. Pretty heavy stuff. As I wrote, I have never heard of this convention at all. But this is how bad rumors start and spread. Just my thoughts. But I am definitely interested in coming down for MegaCon. If Richard Hatch is ACCEXPO's only guest...who cares about SURVIVOR anyways ;) ?

3. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    I'm not comparing anybody. I'm just demonstrating how sometimes bad people (if they're lucky or clever enough) can literally "get away with murder". Evil sometimes prevails ....even (or especially?) in the real world.

4. accexpo

accexpo Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2002
    After being informed of this going on I feel that the record must be set straight.There seems to be a few things that are inaccurate this thread.

First off the ACC-Expo is being run ONLY by Fernando the same promoter of VULKON. You know VULKON those are the Trek based events that you attended and enjoyed and have raved about. He is the exclusive show promoter and host. For you to viciously penalize an event and tell others not to support it before you have all the facts is wrong to say the least.

Second Richard Hatch is from Battlestar Galactica he played Commander Apollo and has since written 4 BSG novels. Also attending the event is Marty Nodell creator of the Green Lantern, YOSHIKI from AnimeComix, Robert DeJesus comic artist from Playstaion Magazine and Ninja High School, Michael Wolff from Misc!MAYHEM comics, and others TBA this week on the website accexpo.com.

Third referring to ACC-Expo as ?small local exhibition? is incorrect based on prior years attendance of 1750+ people and this year to expected to be 2500+ compared to Megacon yes it may be smaller but the South Florida fan community wont sustain a larger event. But with 250+ dealer tables, events and gaming and night activities at the host hotel calling it a ?small local exhibition? would not be doing it justice.

Fourth as for the "nerf-herder" person, your own quote was ?rumored with some authority? please make sure you have ALL the information and that it is correct before accusations FERNANDO IS THE HOST AND PROMOTER of this event volunteers are volunteers. For you to boycott an event run by the same promoter of events you have always been welcome at and prejudging an event on ?rumored with some authority? is unfair of you don?t you think?

Should you have additional questions or wish to verify as to what is true and what is not PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ACC-EXPO at 954-891-0538 or email accexpo@bellsouth.net. We hope this has corrected some of the rumored with some authority? statements that have been made in this thread.

Best Wishes

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I'll only give defense on my part. The quib of Richard Hatch being from 'Survivor' was a joke. Richard attends DragonCon in Atlanta nearly every year with usually about 3 other Battlestar Gallactica cast members. That's quite a feat for him to draw in that many people! Why, that's bigger than most Vulkons as of late. I would imagine that Joe and Fernando must be considering having Richard as their only guest going forward?

Beyond that...I'm staying out the discussion on criminal activities. I know only that Fernando used to be a video dealer and now co-promotes Vulkon with Joe. They should bring Richard up to Atlanta and run a con. I'm sure they could bring in 5,000 people easy. He's really the only reason why folks go to DragonCon anymore ;)

6. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Fernando is categorically not in question here!(Neither are the good people at Tate's Comics or anyone who works there. They are all excellent individuals-just in case it was also inferred that I was accusing any of them!) He is a fine, honest, and fair promoter and businessman. He has been a friend to many fans throughout the years. In no way do I indict his actions or intentions;Which is precisely why I worded my concerns as I did-even more so that it would be regretable if he were to unwittingly associate himself with individual(s) who do not deserve to be associated with his pristine reputation in the community.I apologize if he is the only "fiduciary" involved. The only things that I see that are "inaccurate" about anything posted thus far is (1) the subjective use of the phrase "small local event"- as if there is an "official" definition of what comprises a large and small event. (2)My "vague" references to individual(s) who shall remain nameless because I don't have a dossier of legal discovery at my fingertips (3) The assumption that Fernando was being referred to whatsoever.(4)"Volunteers" can be said to "co-host" or "promote" as well...Enough of the semantics... I truly wish him luck in all his endeavors. I just don't want to see him get hurt by people believed to be shady people. I regret that The Fandom Menace will not be in attendance at this event.

7. TK-1010

TK-1010 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    Well, I have been watching this string closely and talking to people about it off of the boards. I really don't have an opinion, but then again I do. Does is all matter? Not really. The end result is still the same. It's all for fun right? So on that note, I will still come to the ACCEXPO and so will a large handful of other stormtroopers with me too. I look forward to being there and instilling fear and imperial prescence everywhere we go.

Long live the Empire.....

Jay Harris (TK-1010)
    501st Legion and Member of the Florida Garrison

"What do you mean this armor isn't blaster proof????"

8. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    A matter of conscience ALWAYS matters...good...evil....remember all that "Star Wars" stuff? It has a "real world" basis and definitely DOES matter. I will make one more "opininated" statement and say that there are many things more important than... "fun"! If you're left without enough "concrete proof" to make a moral decision...understandable....if you don't HAVE a conscience and don't have the capacity to make a moral decision or don't care one way or the other...also understandable...enjoy! At least I have done my part by instilling your need to ask questions in the first place....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.