main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL ~*~ Welcome back, Orlando! ~*~

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I am thrilled to announce that the Orlando Fan Force is up and running again! =D=

Just as a housekeeping note, be sure to check out the updated Fan Force Rules and please feel free to continue posting on the SoutEast Regional Discussion board.

Let me know if you want me to unlock any of the old locked threads and let's definitely get some new discussions and activites going.

Welcome back, you guys/gals! [:D]

~Traci
    SouthEast RSA

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks! We've been active at OrlandoSystem.com and our Facebook group, but I'm going to try to drum up some traffic in here. We're always looking for networking so we're glad to be a part of the FanForces again.

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    There will be no one to stop us this time!

4. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Hey Sabacc. How are things? Good to see you around. I won't be in Orlando again until Megacon. Will your group be planning anything for that?

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks, much! Glad to see you out here, too.

I think we will probably gather at MegaCon. For my part, I'm actually more anticipating the FX Show. I'll post it on here and at OrlandoSystem.com whatever we decide.

6. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    I live in Orlando! sadly i'm in El Paso, TX as of now.

7. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Zadann- El Paso or no, we'd love to have you in on the conversation. We did meet at this weekend's FX Show and had a great time. Seven of us had an early breakfast and half a dozen of us went out to dinner afterwards.

However, the majority of our communications take place at our message boards we share with the Tampa Star Wars Club at OrlandoSystem.com.

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Jumps in and waves.

Hi, I'm from the Brisbane Australia Forums and my partner and I are travelling to Florida in a couple weeks to see the next shuttle launch. Anyway, I see that you guys mainly hang out at places away from these here boards so may look you up on those.

We're staying in Cape Canaveral, heading to Kennedy the day before the launch, hopfeuly watching it from Jetty Park or somewhere along the river, and a couple of days at Kennedy later in that week. Hoping to do the hour or so drive and see Universal studios and if we feel rich and ready, maybe a day at Disney. But we're there for the geekiness of space travel. Well not us personally :)

Any thoughts or assistance or advice fellow star wars fans could give us about a weeks stay in the Cape would be appreciated.

Look forward to seeing your part of the world soon. :)

9. Chris Wyman

Chris Wyman Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2008
    Good evening everyone!

Just a quick reminder about our May event in Port Saint Lucie, FL. We will be meeting at the home of SWGFA member Rich. He has been kind enough to open up his home for us on Sunday, May 17th. If you are planning on attending, please PM me back and I will send you the physical address.

I will be leaving Tampa at 9:00am that morning and picking up any and all who will be joining us from Orlando. I?ll be in a large van with plenty of room. If you would like to ride out there us, please RSVP so I know exactly how many people I?ll be picking up and?so I can let Rich know how many to expect. Our target arrival time is 1:00pm. Also, please feel free to bring your collectibles to show off. Rich has told me that he has room for members to set up pieces and put them on display for the afternoon. This is encouraged! One of the coolest things we do is our show and tell getting to see some amazing pieces along the way.

10. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    The next SWGFA event has been announced! We will be meeting in Orlando on Saturday, August 8th at 5:30pm at the home of SWGFA Member Sharon. A huge thank you to Sharon for opening up her home to us! We will be doing this potluck style to alleviate the burden of one person having to provide food for everyone. As always, everyone is encouraged to bring something to show off be it your newest acquisition, your most prized possession or simply something you think others might enjoy seeing. This is your 44 day notice! Please mark your calendars and make plans to join us for this special event.

For directions and any other questions, please let me know.

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Like Chris said, we've got a meeting this Saturday. Turn out looks like it's going to be great. We're also encouraging anyone to bring items they'd like to sell or trade. There will be a fair bit of collectors coming, so you might be able to clean your closets!

12. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    See everyone at 5:30pm tonight at Sharon's!

13. Chris Wyman

Jul 7, 2008
    The SWGFA end-of-the-year event date has been set! Join us on Saturday, November 21st starting at 5:00pm at the home of Will & Alex Eveland in Saint Petersburg. (Directions will be posted soon)

For those attending from the east coast and middle of the state, car pooling is a great idea to save on fuel costs. I've already heard from three people interested in car pooling from the Orlando area, so if this is something you are interested in doing, please let me know. If need be, I can also drive members from the Tampa area that afternoon as well.

This is very important: If you are planning on attending, please let me know. I need to get a head count so we know how many to expect. We'll be doing this pot luck style again just like the last event. That seemed to work very well. If you are coming, please let me know what you'll be bringing so I can let others know what we might still need when they ask. You can also discuss what you'll be bringing here in this thread.

Suggested Needs:

Paper plates
    Plastic silverware
    Plastic cups
    Ice
    Drinks (Water, soda, juice, etc.)
    Snacks (Chips, pretzels, dip, cookies, etc.)
    Food (pizza, soup, pasta, hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, chicken tenders, wings, etc.)
    Desert (Ice cream, cake, pie, popsicles, etc.)

Again, I'd love to see as many as possible attend, so if you have an issue getting there, please let me know and we'll figure something out. Let's sign off on 2009 with a bang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.