main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lafa, IN Welcome Back Students

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Takianna, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinick1138

jedinick1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2007
    It might be interesting to see how many people would stop by if we just set up a table in the memorial mall and played the Star Wars soundtracks really loud. ;)
    Anyways, the bookmarks sound like a pretty good idea.

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    we could do that and duel lightsabers as we play the music. I left mine at home but might go back and get that for Thanksgiving break.

3. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Whatever ideas you have, I'm in. I don't mind helping out!

4. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    Me too. I saw some guy walking around campus today in a Darth Vader costume, so there's a least one more probable fan on campus!

5. darth_tristar

darth_tristar Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    Hi! I am new to the Lafayette/West Lafayette area. I have been a fanboy as long as I can remember. I have also been a collector for over 4 years. Always looking for more fans!

6. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    Welcome to the area (although I'm quite new here myself)!

7. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome! Do you all meet as a group regularly? Do you have lots of collectors?

8. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    We're really in the formation stage right now, so we really haven't met yet. By the way, we really should try to get some kind of initial meeting (of online people) going or something to set up how we want to do things in the future.

As for collecting, I cannot speak for everyone, but I have a decent collection (back home of course). I really don't collect anything too specific, but I am still working on attaining all of the McQuarrie figures for this year. What about you, what is your collection like?

9. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    A meeting would be awesome! I am just all about anything Star Wars. I love the movies, books, comics, card games, video games, toys... etc.

My collection is pretty expansive. I have probably about 150+ action figures ranging from the old Kenner lines to the TAC. I really love the line this year. I have gotten everything through wave 6 so far. The comic 2 packs are so super sweet. They are making some of my favorite EU characters, and if anyone is looking for them, I have seen them at all the Wally Worlds here in town. I also have quite a few lego sets and lots of other random stuff.

Right now, I am just finishing the NJO while reading the Legacy comic series. I am so looking forward to the new Force Unleashed video game and accompanying action figures.

Feel free to keep in contact as I am always looking to discuss Star Wars.

10. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    We have met several times before, but it wasn't that successful. There were just two of us. I even got bylaws and everything around for us, but to no avail! So if there are enough people who really want to meet and are committed, then I'm all about it. I just don't want to have one or two of us show up and that is all.

11. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    That's cool. I just want to get together with some folks who love Star Wars as much as I do. I am an active Xbox 360 player and I love the movies. I am also an avid collector. Just more fun to share it all.

12. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm a collector too. I collect the cards. I used to collect figures, ships and everything else, but recently cleaned house and sold everything on ebay. The only thing I kept was an original ship from ESB with the original box. I'm also a reader. I've been trying to keep up with the books since Zahn started writing when I was a teenager. I completly understand wanting to get together with people who love Star Wars as much as you do. It's fun! So I'm more then willing to get together and have some fun!

13. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    Awesome! I am open to having a Saga movie marathon as soon as I get my stuff all unpacked. Have any of you read the Legacy book or comic series?

14. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    I am working on both the Legacy of the Force series and the Legacy comics. I am only on the first book, Betrayal, but I am on Legacy #12 and will soon be caught up with the series. I really think that the comics are interesting and a good take on the Star Wars legacy.

15. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    I haven't started the Legacy book series yet. I am still in the NJO, but I have heard good things about the Legacy. The comic series has been exciting and disappointing at the same time. I love seeing the GFFA so far in the future and I think Cade is the perfect anti-hero (kind of like Han if he were a jedi). I was so disappointed with the Darth Krayt reveal. I just think they had a golden opportunity to really shock the GFFA with an important character being a sith, but instead they chose to play it safe and picked someone who just left me really wanting more.

16. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I haven't even gotten that far in the books! Damn I'm behind! That's okay. I'm a leisurly reader. I'm not that fast and right now I'm reading a Star Trek book because I wanted a change. I've heard that Legacy books are good. I can't get into comics. I've tried, but I just can't read them really.

17. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    I kind of skipped over the NJO. I was really angry after I read Vector Prime and they killed Chewie. I haven't gotten to the Darth Krayt reveal yet (I'm on issue 11 now), but I've been really pleased with the series so far. Like you said, I enjoy the character of Cade and his likeness of Han. There is also something really cool about the Imperial Knights. I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it's just refreshingly different from the other novels.

BTW, do any of you listen to the Force-Cast?

18. darth_tristar

Oct 28, 2005
    I do agree, the Imperial Knights are a refreshing take on a Force user. I do listen to the ForceCasts, but have not done so recently as I have been so busy settling into my place and my new job. I think it would be awesome to have a meeting sometime. I am new to the area so I don't know too many people yet. I would be more than willing to host a Saga Party. I just watched Episode III on my new tv. I must say it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

19. jedinick1138

Mar 11, 2007
    If we could get something organized I would be all for it. Perhaps, if we can drum up enough support, recruit more people, and start having regular meetings by fall we can maybe have weekly Clone Wars animated series viewing parties. In the not so distant future maybe we can get some kind of meeting together to go and see Fanboys in January or the new Indiana Jones movie in May.

There has to be more than a few Star Wars fans on a college campus of 39,000 people plus the surrounding communities!

20. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm all for it. It's fun to get together and meet people who like the same things. I'm a bit older so I hope that's not a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.