main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~WELCOME TO FAN ART!~ Updated

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    First of all, I want to give a warm welcome to everyone, both returning and new faces to this side of the boards. As these boards have been reborn, so too has Fan Art and you might notice that there are some differences than how we had last left the place.

There is a new prefix system to make it easier to navigate about to find what it is that you are looking for:
    [Artist] for individual artist threads.
    [Gallery] for collection of works from artists.
    [Social] for the Artist Lounge Social Thread.
    [Artist Resources] for tutorials, critiques, useful information and tips.
    [Challenges] for the Artist Challenges, Gift Exchanges and other activities.
    [Art Archive] for older threads that date back from 31st December 2009.

If you click on one of them, you will see only those threads that fall under that category.

When it comes to posting your images, at this point in time, it is recommended to post them as a thumbnail or as a link. To post as a thumbnail, it is best to use photo hosting sites that supports a thumbnail link/code (such as photobucket). The code should look like this:
    Code:
    [URL=ImageLink][IMG]ThumbnailLink[/IMG][/URL]
    ImageLink = direct url to original image | ThumbnailLink = url of the thumbnail.​

For further information regarding the boards and thread issues, I recommend visiting Communications.

*NEW*
    For those that are new to posting in these forums, I recommend looking over the first post of the Welcome to the Fan Art Forum and Thread Index thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. :)

C_O

cthrag likes this.
  2. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    edit:double

3. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    edit:double

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have an unusual question: is there a particular thread for really bad fan art and/or the things we created when we were children? Thank you.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    There is not a thread at the moment for works done when younger and starting out but always possible to do so :) Individual works are mainly contained within our own individual threads and we all have earlier works displayed at one point. Our skills develop and mature with time and constant use.

As for "really bad fan art"… short answer: There isn't any. Everyone has different strengths and skills and creative outlets and there is nothing bad about that. Constructive critiques, feedback and positive encouragement goes a long way to nurturing one's development as an artist.

I hope that answers your question :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. han the man

han the man Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2015
    Hello dear fans!...i would love to invite you to create your own LIMITED EDITION - DESIGNS and make your own hoodies, t-shirts, phone covers or even bags with your chosen images

CO EDIT: Sorry but we do not condone advertising here.

7. han the man

han the man Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2015
    Get Your POSTERS HERE!

CO EDIT: Sorry but we do not condone advertising here.

8. ART2-D2

ART2-D2 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 17, 2007
    I can't figure out how to post a pic with a thumbnail. I'm using photobucket..

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Photobucket usually has a thumbnail image link option and can use that for the mark up code above… though, with everyone with more of a higher bandwidth, it should be okay to post the picture normally and for higher resolution place it within spoiler tags with the label stating that it is large.

10. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I just started a new artist thread, and I know when I'm ready to update I will need to edit the thread title, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Maybe I'm just missing it somewhere? Any help would be great, thanks.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

On the first post of your thread, there is an 'Edit' button at the bottom of that.
    When the box appears to edit the post, select 'More Options…' from the options at the bottom of that box. That takes you to a more detailed page and then you can alter the title to your thread in the smaller text box above the main text box containing the post and then 'Save changes' when finished.

I hope that helps :)

12. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Perfect! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    That very fun Halloween banner ... is it yours?:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Thank you :) indeed it is.

AzureAngel2 and pronker like this.