main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Columbia!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH (original board)' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Welcome to FanForce!

To get started you just need to start posting here and plan some meetings. You need three meetings to become official, and on the third meeting you choose a Chapter Rep to represent you to FanForce.

I'm your RSA so anything you need done here, or questions you have go through me. I'm always happy to chat via PM or IM. Anything large or small you need I can help you with.

Good luck and spam this place up pretty :)

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Good luck guys and like I have said to Springfield and Wichita if you need any help let me know.

I know what it is like to try to start a FF so I will gladly offer any help.

3. igotajobasatestpilot

igotajobasatestpilot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2003
    Thanks for the help, guys. Hopefully we can get this whole thing underway in time for an Episode III viewing!

4. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Do you think we could have a joint Columbia and Jefferson city fan force since they are close together?

5. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    i think in name, we should stick to one city. but we'll definitely try and get any Jefferson City, Ashland, and Moberly fans we can. Depending on how many people we get from where, we could maybe go with a broad Mid-Mo FanForce type of name.

i'm guessing a lot of our recruits will be drawn from the sizable student population here in CoMo, though.

6. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Sounds good, now we just need to recruit from those areas. Are we going to make a site for our fan force? I don't knwo if you can make a site but I know HTML and I can also use frontpage and dreamweaver etc. just not very well.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Someone suggesting buying a domain name and having it forward to these boards. That can be a good trick for giving out an easier address than your board address.

8. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    having your own site is a good idea...for down the road. Right now you guys should probably concentrate on getting the word out. The easiest way to do that is with flyers.

Also I reccomend buying a domain name (like ColumbiaStarWarsFans.com) and then have it forwarded to the board. The domain will cost $9 through GoDaddy and then later you could use it your website.

When I joined FF I bought kcstarwarsfans.com and had forward to the KC board. It was a lot easier to tell people to go there than to tell them http://www.boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10674

One you can say the other you have to write down. Just a suggestion to help get you guys going. :)

9. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    that sounds like a good idea. midmofanforce.com sounds pretty good but we need money... If we got a domain like that I could make Fliers

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    You could always make a freewebs site. Those are great!

Good luck Columbia! MTFBWY! :)

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  12. Sebulba7793

Sebulba7793 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi, all! I'm a Star Wars from near Kirksville, MO and wasn't aware that there fans from Columbia, only a scant 70 miles from here... :p

So, as far as I can tell, (let me know if I'm wrong), is the group in Columbia planning on heading to Celebration III this year? I haven't been able to go to any of the Celebrations in Indiana...would like to.... [face_praying]
    but wanted to say HI! and let others know that a SW fan is "trapped" up in the boonies of NE Missouri.... [face_laugh]

13. igotajobasatestpilot

Jun 22, 2003
    I certainly don't have that kind of money. I don't even have health insurance I'm so poor.

But yay for Kirksville. I think every 20something from Missouri knows at least one person from each of the state university cities, and Kirksville isn't any different.

14. Joba_Koon

Joba_Koon Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Hello to you all,

Where are you guys going for the movie?

Where are some prospective meeting places?

I could be wrong but I think the correct term is Jeffersonians?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.