Welcome Havelock, NC!!

Discussion in 'Pembroke, NC' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Hi, JLK! What is your favorite part of the trailer?

Mine is all the battle scenes at the end. I will be on the edge of my seat!!!

I guess all those worries about how digital cameras would work is thrown out the window. Obviously, digital is the way to go. I wonder where all the naysayers are now? ;)

I am off tomorrow too! Yippee!!! :D
  2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    :) My favorite part? I don't know if I could pick! :p

I loved the whole scene with Obi-Wan...

"They're using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army... wait!" And then he whips out his lightsaber... so cool! :p

And I never knew Obi-Wan didn't like to fly... ;)

I'm not going to be able to blink at all throughout the whole thing! [face_laugh] It's going to be wicked!

:D
  3. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Actually, there is something you should know about that part of the trailer. It is not completely as it seems. But I do not want to get into spoilers in this part of the forums. ;)
  4. jarik33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, it's a small galaxy after all!

I've been on the boards about a month and figured I wouldn't even bother looking for a group in Havelock, i'm glad I got bored and looked it up! :D

SgtFretSurfer, I assume you are a Marine, do we have any others?

Hmm, I remember seeing that someone was working on a costume, but now I can't find that post, is anyone planning on going to AOTC in costume? I am working on a Jedi costume.

Any plans for another meeting?

Hope to meet you all soon.
  5. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Boy, is this a small galaxy...

I'm glad to see Havelock has its own FanForce chapter. I lived in New Bern for five years, taught at Havelock High School during that time--my students could tell you I was the biggest Star Wars freak that ever lived--I thought about trying to start a FanForce chapter when I was in the area, but I was dumb and didn't think there would be any interest--it's good to know that I was wrong. Good luck to you guys. We're trying to get a chapter started here in Charlotte ourselves.
  6. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    my favorite part is seeing count dooku fighting with anakin. i think that scene is going to be the best part of the movie.

i also really like seeing yoda.

looks like we have some guests to our forum! welcome!
  7. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome, jarik33 and anakin_girl!

Glad to see new faces around our neck of the woods.

jarik33, yes I am a Marine. I am an 0231 Staff Sergeant. I work over at the MAW HQ Bldng. Oh we will have more meetings. We have had 4 so far. We are planning the next one for April or so.

anakin_girl, you mean you could have been part of our club?! :_| :D

Can you guys feels the excitement? We are freakin' 8 weeks away from Episode II for the love of god!!!

Take care!
  8. jarik33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool SgtFretSurfer, i'm a 6469 Staff Sergeant, i'm at NAMTRA instructing right now. I'm actually putting in an Air Force Officer package, so I can go get the big bucks [face_devil]

The whole thing has kind of snuck up on me, I am spoiler free, so it is a whole different thing than last time. My first kid was due on the original TPM release date so that was a little different, too.

I will be in LeJeune for division matches until April 5th, so if you can make the meeting after that i'd much appreciate it.
  9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Grilled-Sarlacc: :eek: Oh! Well good move not to say anything! :) I'm going to die of anticipation waiting for this film! [face_laugh]

Does anyone know what day of the week it opens on? ?[face_plain] I wonder if seeing AotC on opening day would get me an excused absense at school... ?[face_plain] [face_laugh] :p

Hey jarik33 and anakin_girl! :D I live right outside of Raleigh, but everyone here is kind enough to let me hang out in their little area of the boards and chat. :D And yes, I have told them that they're free to kick me out any time they like. ;)

:D
  10. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    JLK, right now my group's Episode II committee, as well as the theater management we're working with, is going with the assumption that AOTC will begin showing at 12:01 a.m. on May 16th.
  11. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    I think it is time to start planning a like-up for the Havelock FF for the midnight showing of Ep2. But the local theatre is not exactly the best theatre. Maybe this calls for a road trip!!! :D
  12. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    JLK, it is May 16th!! Only a few weeks away!!!

And of course you are welcome here!! You are now part of the tribe! :D

* Plays Ewok drums *
  13. jarik33 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw TPM at midnight in Morehead City, at the theatre by Belk, it is pretty good, better than havenot.
  14. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    I assume everyone has seen the new trailer, right? I have it downloaded. I think I have watched it like 20 times so far and I even watched it frame by frame and saw all kinds of little details I never noticed before. Like, there is a bantha in the first scene at 0:09 and I think I can make out who each Jedi is at the last shot. ;)
  15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, I knew it was May 16th, but I wondered what actual day of the week it was... [face_blush] it's a Thursday. :) That probably means I can't see it opening day... although perhaps after school... Maybe I'll just be "sick" that day... [face_laugh] I've just got to find out how to get tickets... oh boy. ;) Should be interesting!

Thanks, Grilled-Sarlacc! :)

Oh yes, I've most definately seen it, SgtFretSurfer!!! Over and over and over... ;) Wow, frame by frame? Cool! :cool: :D I can't wait for this movie! :p
  16. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you watch it frame-by-frame when R2 is flying with his little jets, you can see the battle droids being made on an assembly line in the background!! :)

And there is an EU character named Aayla Secura who is in one shot. :) I don't know who that as, but she is a twi'lek Jedi.
  17. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    If you want new pics, check out the site in about 24hrs. I have about 20 new ones!! Including digitial screenshots from the movie!!!! (Spoiler warning, of course).

More to follow. :D
  18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow, that's cool SgtFretSurfer! I'll have to try that some time. :p :D

I'll definately be checking, Grilled-Sarlacc! :D I'm not really into the written spoilers, etc, but those pictures... SO cool! :cool: :D
  19. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes, sgtfretsurfer, he are lots of cool things in the new trailer. it looks like mace is running at jango becaue you can see a jetpack on the guy in the scene.

i love all those new ships! i am not sure what those round wheel things are with the droid army. but they are cool!!

i will go to your site tomorrow grilled to see the new pictures. i like the mace pics. mace is the best!
  20. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Well, if you want new screenshots of Ep2, I got a bunch!! I will be doing a new update to the site here very soon! I have also gotten lots of pics of characters to add and as well the toys section.

I just did an update on the 24th of March but it is amazing how many pics I have collected over just 4 short days!! :)

There will be one or two guaranteed to please! :)
  21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    :D Another update soon?! YAY! :p :D I'll have to remember to check it out! :)
  22. SgtFretSurfer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool update!! I love that pic of the clones in the cafeteria! :)

G-S, your page has racked up some pretty high numbers of visitors! I remember when it was 20! Now it's like 3000-something!
  23. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Jeez! I already have a bunch of new pics and screenshots! I will do another update in the next day or so. :D

I just got back from the theatre and I saw A Beautiful Mind. It was outstanding!!!

You know I just remembered - the novelization for Episode II hits stores in just a little over 2 weeks!!!!!!! :D
  24. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    Congrats to Minacia on her FanForce's new icon!! :)

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/hothlanta8.gif]
  25. Havenot1 Jedi Knight

star 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.