main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Havelock, NC!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, JLK! What is your favorite part of the trailer?

Mine is all the battle scenes at the end. I will be on the edge of my seat!!!

I guess all those worries about how digital cameras would work is thrown out the window. Obviously, digital is the way to go. I wonder where all the naysayers are now? ;)

I am off tomorrow too! Yippee!!! :D

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :) My favorite part? I don't know if I could pick! :p

I loved the whole scene with Obi-Wan...

"They're using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army... wait!" And then he whips out his lightsaber... so cool! :p

And I never knew Obi-Wan didn't like to fly... ;)

I'm not going to be able to blink at all throughout the whole thing! [face_laugh] It's going to be wicked!

:D

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, there is something you should know about that part of the trailer. It is not completely as it seems. But I do not want to get into spoilers in this part of the forums. ;)

4. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Wow, it's a small galaxy after all!

I've been on the boards about a month and figured I wouldn't even bother looking for a group in Havelock, i'm glad I got bored and looked it up! :D

SgtFretSurfer, I assume you are a Marine, do we have any others?

Hmm, I remember seeing that someone was working on a costume, but now I can't find that post, is anyone planning on going to AOTC in costume? I am working on a Jedi costume.

Any plans for another meeting?

Hope to meet you all soon.

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Boy, is this a small galaxy...

I'm glad to see Havelock has its own FanForce chapter. I lived in New Bern for five years, taught at Havelock High School during that time--my students could tell you I was the biggest Star Wars freak that ever lived--I thought about trying to start a FanForce chapter when I was in the area, but I was dumb and didn't think there would be any interest--it's good to know that I was wrong. Good luck to you guys. We're trying to get a chapter started here in Charlotte ourselves.

6. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    my favorite part is seeing count dooku fighting with anakin. i think that scene is going to be the best part of the movie.

i also really like seeing yoda.

looks like we have some guests to our forum! welcome!

7. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Welcome, jarik33 and anakin_girl!

Glad to see new faces around our neck of the woods.

jarik33, yes I am a Marine. I am an 0231 Staff Sergeant. I work over at the MAW HQ Bldng. Oh we will have more meetings. We have had 4 so far. We are planning the next one for April or so.

anakin_girl, you mean you could have been part of our club?! :_| :D

Can you guys feels the excitement? We are freakin' 8 weeks away from Episode II for the love of god!!!

Take care!

8. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    Cool SgtFretSurfer, i'm a 6469 Staff Sergeant, i'm at NAMTRA instructing right now. I'm actually putting in an Air Force Officer package, so I can go get the big bucks [face_devil]

The whole thing has kind of snuck up on me, I am spoiler free, so it is a whole different thing than last time. My first kid was due on the original TPM release date so that was a little different, too.

I will be in LeJeune for division matches until April 5th, so if you can make the meeting after that i'd much appreciate it.

9. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Grilled-Sarlacc: :eek: Oh! Well good move not to say anything! :) I'm going to die of anticipation waiting for this film! [face_laugh]

Does anyone know what day of the week it opens on? ?[face_plain] I wonder if seeing AotC on opening day would get me an excused absense at school... ?[face_plain] [face_laugh] :p

Hey jarik33 and anakin_girl! :D I live right outside of Raleigh, but everyone here is kind enough to let me hang out in their little area of the boards and chat. :D And yes, I have told them that they're free to kick me out any time they like. ;)

:D

10. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    JLK, right now my group's Episode II committee, as well as the theater management we're working with, is going with the assumption that AOTC will begin showing at 12:01 a.m. on May 16th.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    I think it is time to start planning a like-up for the Havelock FF for the midnight showing of Ep2. But the local theatre is not exactly the best theatre. Maybe this calls for a road trip!!! :D

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    JLK, it is May 16th!! Only a few weeks away!!!

And of course you are welcome here!! You are now part of the tribe! :D

* Plays Ewok drums *

13. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    I saw TPM at midnight in Morehead City, at the theatre by Belk, it is pretty good, better than havenot.

14. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I assume everyone has seen the new trailer, right? I have it downloaded. I think I have watched it like 20 times so far and I even watched it frame by frame and saw all kinds of little details I never noticed before. Like, there is a bantha in the first scene at 0:09 and I think I can make out who each Jedi is at the last shot. ;)

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh, I knew it was May 16th, but I wondered what actual day of the week it was... [face_blush] it's a Thursday. :) That probably means I can't see it opening day... although perhaps after school... Maybe I'll just be "sick" that day... [face_laugh] I've just got to find out how to get tickets... oh boy. ;) Should be interesting!

Thanks, Grilled-Sarlacc! :)

Oh yes, I've most definately seen it, SgtFretSurfer!!! Over and over and over... ;) Wow, frame by frame? Cool! :cool: :D I can't wait for this movie! :p

16. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    If you watch it frame-by-frame when R2 is flying with his little jets, you can see the battle droids being made on an assembly line in the background!! :)

And there is an EU character named Aayla Secura who is in one shot. :) I don't know who that as, but she is a twi'lek Jedi.

17. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    If you want new pics, check out the site in about 24hrs. I have about 20 new ones!! Including digitial screenshots from the movie!!!! (Spoiler warning, of course).

More to follow. :D

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, that's cool SgtFretSurfer! I'll have to try that some time. :p :D

I'll definately be checking, Grilled-Sarlacc! :D I'm not really into the written spoilers, etc, but those pictures... SO cool! :cool: :D

19. Havenot1

Jan 8, 2002
    yes, sgtfretsurfer, he are lots of cool things in the new trailer. it looks like mace is running at jango becaue you can see a jetpack on the guy in the scene.

i love all those new ships! i am not sure what those round wheel things are with the droid army. but they are cool!!

i will go to your site tomorrow grilled to see the new pictures. i like the mace pics. mace is the best!

20. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, if you want new screenshots of Ep2, I got a bunch!! I will be doing a new update to the site here very soon! I have also gotten lots of pics of characters to add and as well the toys section.

I just did an update on the 24th of March but it is amazing how many pics I have collected over just 4 short days!! :)

There will be one or two guaranteed to please! :)

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :D Another update soon?! YAY! :p :D I'll have to remember to check it out! :)

22. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    Cool update!! I love that pic of the clones in the cafeteria! :)

G-S, your page has racked up some pretty high numbers of visitors! I remember when it was 20! Now it's like 3000-something!

23. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Jeez! I already have a bunch of new pics and screenshots! I will do another update in the next day or so. :D

I just got back from the theatre and I saw A Beautiful Mind. It was outstanding!!!

You know I just remembered - the novelization for Episode II hits stores in just a little over 2 weeks!!!!!!! :D

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Congrats to Minacia on her FanForce's new icon!! :)

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/hothlanta8.gif]

25. Havenot1

Jan 8, 2002
    now that is cool! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.