main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Havelock, NC!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh wow, that icon is cool! :D Neat!

I thought A Beautiful Mind was good, but not fantastic. The actual story is facinating!

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Thanks, y'all! :D

I must give the credit for the new icon to my buddy, Theron, who resides out in the outer rim (Texas :p ). He was kind enough to offer his icon making expertise. :)

3. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Minacia, how do I find this Theron? Is there like a members directory somwehere? :confused:

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    If you click on the "Options" link in the top menu bar, it'll take you to another menu. Scroll down the page a bit and you should see a "User Search" link. Click on that and then type the name you would like to search for. That should bring up Theron's name. You should be able to click on his username to get to his profile. From there, just send him a private message.

You can tell him that I recommended him, if you're interested in getting him to create an icon for you. :)

5. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    It sure is strange to have Ep2 open on a Thursday. I wonder why not Fri? :confused:

6. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    OK, I have contacted Theron and I have asked the question on uploading a FF icon for us. I will let you know what I find out! :)

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Give Theron a little while to get back to you. I know he doesn't log on as much as he once did, so it may be a few days before he gets your message.

We have less than a month to go until AOTC! :D

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    26 days, 17 hours, and 20 minutes until AotC. ;) :D I'm so excited! :D

Is it very hot in Havelock? ?[face_plain] :p It has gotten SO hot here all of the sudden, and of course there's no AC at most of my school... [face_plain] ;)

9. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    I hear that! The final 2 weeks are going to be the worst. I remember the 2 weeks before Ep1 was even having dreams about it! Argh!! :D

And the last few days I was counting the hours big time!

:D :D :D :D

We have waited 3 years for this month to come along!!!

10. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :D I am really getting excited! When TPM came out I wasn't a really big fan, so it wasn't really any more exciting than any other film coming out. But after I saw it and went back and re-watched the OT, I was hooked... :p :D

24 days! :D :cool: :D

11. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    hi everybody! i can't wait either!

did you guys know they are going to delete a bunch of the icons? jlk, i think your icon is on the list. :( i don't know if they are going to delete mine. :(

i can't for tomorrow! i am going to get every one of the books. i really want to buy the art of episode ii the most.

maybe if i get lucky they will have the zam wesell comic! :)

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Havenot1, I am not sure but I think that Kadue is going to save JLK's icon. (I hope!)

Check this out!! I have been talking with Theron and he has built us some Havelock FF icons!!! Any preferences? :)

[image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/havelockff.gif]
    [image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/havelockff2.gif]
    [image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/havelockff3.gif]
    [image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/havelockff4.gif]
    [image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/hff2.gif]
    [image=http://starwarsicons.freeservers.com/hff.gif]

:D !

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Wow! Those are terrific! Theron did a great job! :D

I would suggest picking only one icon, since there seems to be an impending purge of icons.

14. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Do they need Banners as well? I do have one that I designed originally for Universal Destiny but it can be used if they need it. Let me know and I'll post it if they need it.

15. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Actually what I was trying to say in my last post is that I have blank banners that I made for Universal Destiny without any lettering on them at all.

I'd be willing to donate them to Havelock if you would like them.

Sorry for the Confusion.

16. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Chapters can have their own banners for their City Forum, if they wish. Grilled, if you are interested, you should be able to find some information about it in the City Reps forum.

17. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Sorry about that again.

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Alas, my icon was deleted. :( They said it was mostly because we're really not supposed to have an icon with someone pointing a gun at something... oh well. This one is pretty. :)

I cannot see the icons, Grilled... lots of blue boxes with x. :p

So how did everyone do as far as stocking up on the AotC merchandise? ;) :D

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I picked up the AOTC novelization and soundtrack last night. I'm willing myself not to read the novel before May 16th.

I listened to the Soundtrack on the way to the office this morning. It is terrific! :D

20. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Are there any song title spoilers?!? [face_mischief]

21. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    There might be mild spoilers for those who haven't watched the trailers, but it is nothing compared to the Episode I soundtrack spoiler. I'm still rather upset that they titled two tracks "Qui-Gon's Noble End" and "The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral." Sheesh! ;)

I really hope someone got fired over that. :p

22. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
  23. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    I know nothing, I didn't know the title till january, (I didn't start coming here till feb) I know there are clones :p But I knew that before TPM came out.

I guess i'll have to hold out on that one. Or maybe I'll just hide the case when I buy it.

Is anything on sale? The book? The book and s/t are probably all i'll get. I've pretty much spent all the money I can spare on my costume, which i should really start working on :eek:

24. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I bought the book and the soundtrack last night at a Borders bookstore near my house. I managed to get both of them for a little over 34 bucks, after tax. The novel retails for $26.00, but they are offering it for 30% off for a limited time. So, I paid about $19.80 for it. They were selling the soundtrack for $13.99.

Not a bad deal. I really wanted to get the AOTC visual dictionary, but thanks to the IRS, I have to take it easy on spending until the next paycheck. ;)

25. jarik33

Mar 10, 2002
    As much as I would love to go shopping in Atlanta, which would mean I would actually be in Atlanta :D , I was wondering if anyone knows abour around here, near the armpit of america, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.