main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Welcome Home, Obi-Wan...A Holiday Challange..completed 3/5/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by meaganandsasha, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. It's too bad that they never connected but Obi-Wan seems content with his life and his wife would protect him against any harm!

Glad to hear that it will be continuing. Good job.

2. meaganandsasha

meaganandsasha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Sorry again about the delay, but we very much appreciated your reviews in wanting it to continue. There should be about one post left after this one... Hope you enjoy and thanks again for reading.

Just as a side note, Tahl is blind in this story, but didn?t die.

**Qui-Gon?s point of view**

I couldn?t help but smile as Kalei showed me the ornaments she made at school. Her entire face was lite up and her eyes sparkled with delight. And it was quickly becoming obvious that when she grew older, Obi-Wan was going to have to fight boys off with a stick. For Kalei was going to be a heart breaker.

Then, when the show and tell time was over, we put the ornaments on the tree and stepped back to admire its bright gaze.

Kalei suddenly turned to me, asking something I should have known was coming. ?Are you a Jedi??

?Yes I am.? I answered her honestly, but wondered how much she knew about her Father?s past.

She cocked her head to one side, placing hands on her hips, looking like her mother and obviously processing that new tidbit of information. ?Do you slay dragons??

I raised an eyebrow at that. She certainly had an imagination. ?Slay dragons??

?Dominique told me that Jedi slay dragons.? She instantly informed me. ?So do you slay dragons??

?No, I?ve never even seen one.? Kalei?s face fell at that, but I went on. ?But Jedi do rescue damsels in distress, among other types of jobs.?

?You do? Can you tell me a story?? She clapped her small hands together, nearly jumping up and down with pure joy.

I smiled again, nearly laughing out loud. I?d done my time with the initiates, but this little one instantly touched my heart. ?I?d be glad too.?

?Kalei.? Diedre?s voice came from the hallway as she walked into the room. ?Let?s get you out of those wet clothes.?

?But Master Qui-Gon was going to tell me a story.?

Not wanting to anger Obi-Wan?s wife or interfere with her daughter, I gave Kalei a slight push. ?Go on, I?ll tell you a story later.?

?Promise?? Green-gray eyes pleaded into mine.

?I promise.?

With that, they left the room with Diedre eying me a bit warily.

The rest of the day passed by quickly, finding out that Obi-Wan had more than his hands full with two young active children, but I could tell that for both parents the rewards were greater than the difficulties. And as I tucked little Kalei into bed that night after several stories I began to realize that my former apprentice was more than lucky, he had been blessed. Not many Jedi had been able to have families.

I kept contemplating this as I headed downstairs to have some tea with Obi-Wan before settling down for the night. By this time I had been assured that until the storm cleared I could stay with them.

As Obi-Wan and I drunk our tea, mostly in silence, I still marveled on the closeness that the family shared, the love between Obi-Wan and his wife. And for the moment, I felt something like jealousy flutter in my heart. Sure Tahl and I had pledged ourselves to each other and we knew we loved each other, but never were we able to openly share our feelings for each other. Or act on them more than a concerned friend and fellow Jedi would. And raising a family was completely out of the question. Though being here was beginning to make me wish that the rules had been a bit different.

?Tahl will be pleased to know that we?ve made amends.? I broke into the silence as I stirred my tea a bit.

Obi-Wan looked up from his tea mug. ?How is she doing??

?She?s doing very well and spends most of her time in the Temple library, helping with research projects. Though she tries to get off planet with one of us now and then.?

?And you don?t like to see her get out on her own?? He must have remembered how she lost her sight on a mission shortly before he had left the order.

I nodded my head. ?Call me overprotective.?

He laughed, seemingly to understand. ?I would do the same, but Diedre would let me have it after a while.?

I laughed along with him, well knowing Tahl is the

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great story. I adore how loving and caring Obi-Wan is with his family.

It's great that he and Qui-Gon have finally had the chance to put the past behind them.

4. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Ohhh, a lovely post! I'm so glad Obi-wan and Qui-gon have reconciled their past differences. I'm glad that Tahl has survived in this fic too! I look forward to your conclusion. :)

5. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I think I'm gonna cry.

6. meaganandsasha

meaganandsasha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Thanks again everyone for reading and reviewing our story. And we're sorry that it's been so long since we've made a post! We're also working on a Harry Potter story that is taking up some time. (It actually has two posts on Fanfic too under our same name.) Anyway, we hope you've enjoyed this story and here is the conclusion, though it is a tad short.

**Obi-Wan's Point of View**

Though the storm lasted for several days, stranding us inside, it wasn't that bad. Of course there were some times I wished the kids, Kalei especially, could go outside and play, letting us adults have at least a little piece and quiet.

I guess the best part of all of this was the peace I felt. That I'd finally put the past to rest, all of it. And I knew that Qui-Gon, who was still staying at our house, felt the same way.

And once the storm cleared, we were quite sorry to see him go. He had enjoyed meeting my family and Deidre finally come fully around, no longer threatenin him too much. Yes, I did eventually hear about that!

"Take care of them." Qui-Gon told me as we said goodbye. He had already said goodbye to Deidre and the children. "You're a lucky man."

I nodded. "That I am. And I'm glad that we've finally made amends."

"So am I. It was a pleasure to finally see you again." Qui-Gon turned to go, but I quickly caught his arm.

"Say hi to everyone for me, when you see them." At his smile I continued. "And if any passing Jedi need a place to stay, our home is always open."

"I certainly will pass that along. Master Yoda will surely be pleased." Qui-Gon looked down to the snow covered ground. "If you and your family ever come to Corscant, please stop by the Temple. I may not be there, but I'd think you'd be more than welcome. And there are lot of things around to keep two young children occupied."

I immediately liked that idea. Not only seeing my former home, but showing the kids the planet. "Maybe in a few years where they might be able to really appreciate some things."

Qui-Gon nodded as we grasped hands before he turned and left. "May the Force be with you."

"And with you as well." The old greeting fell easily from my lips.

I walked back the several steps to where Deidre and the kids where. We watched him walk down the street before going back into the house.

"Daddy, are we going to see him again?" Kalei asked me as we settled into the living room.

I pulled her into my lap, helping her hold a snow globe that a friend of ours gave us sometime ago. "I'm sure we will. Do you know where these buildings are?"

She shook her head.

"It's called Corscant. The entire planet is one big city. The Republic's government is there as well as things like the biggest zoo in the galaxy."

She smiled, but as she shook the globe again, her fingers pointed out one of the taller ones. "What's that one called?"

I took a deep breathe. "That is the Jedi Temple. I used to live there, a very long time ago."

"Really?" She looked intrigued as I caught Deidre's nod.

"Yes I did. Would you like to hear about it?"

She nodded, shaking the globe again as I told her some Jedi stories, many that were personal.

Maybe someday soon, I thought to myself later that night, I would walk down those same halls again.

THE END

7. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Awwww. What a great ending. I wonder if any of the Jedi would take him up on that offer, especially Yoda.

8. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Oh! This was so sweet! Maybe some day we will hear more about this Kenobi family. :D Wonderful!

Marmida

9. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Aww! Great ending--sweet, but serious as well...and happy too, perfect! I hope Obi-wan will be able to see some of his old Jedi friends sometime. I'm glad that everything turned out well for all involved. Congratulations on a great story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.