main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Jedi_Nat meet - 10 Sept 2006 - Lincoln

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Sure thing Nat ;)
    I don't see it being too much of a prob, I will still get to York on Friday/Sat probs

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yeh, I intended to be there for the weekend anyway. Meeting on the Sunday is fine for me.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Should be a lot of FF-UKers at the Premiere. Best way to meet everyone :D

4. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    darn it !!

can't make the 10th - it's my birthday[face_shhh]

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    So what is the plan for this meet as I'm thinking of coming for this one.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    This meet is tied in partly with TENCLO meet on Saturday. As RSA I will have to go to that to offer support for Halibut and the TENCLO team. So Saturday I will be nearish York. Hopefully on Sunday morning Nat and myself can get a lift to the nearest station from the base (that is my main worry, especially if people enjoy the after party for TENCLO), we may get stranded on the base. If we get a lift, we can get to York, meet up then for the Sunday meet.

But let's see what the CR says, they are the official FF organisers for any meets. Is there anything people would like to do? Nat has expressed interest in shopping. I just see us not having a lot of time if we can't get an early ride off the base.

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh...so what is happing with the TENCLO meet?

8. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    We could ask Nat what she wants to do?

9. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Ooh! Movement in my thread!

Well, I predict the earliest to leave Lincoln, is 8am the Sun morn and we should get to York at about 10-10.30

I say: see a museum followed by lunch, and then if anyone's interested shopping. I'll actually be making two trips to York now. One will be during the week with my parents (something to do with the Britrail pass), so maybe shopping may be scrapped off the meet list.

Some ideas of what people want to do will help me as well.

10. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    You know I'm still at a loss as what is happening at this meet, so there is the TENCLO meet and then a meet in York?

[face_worried] What's going on?

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Coz - Tenclo is Saturday with evening stuff. The Nat York meet is Sunday, a day trip ;)
    Anyone planning to go to TENCLO and wanting to get to York next day will have to get off the base fairly early in the morning. Just hope Sunday trains are ok.

Nat - sounds good. We need to work out the time of your (and mine unless I stay till Monday morning) train home.

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    I think I'll just go to the York meet, I'm not that bothered about TENCLO :p

I'm guessing no times have been worked out yet

13. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Whats This TENCLO all about ?

14. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Dave. TENCLO is a fanfilm coming out the day before our meet. Organisation thread for that is here: http://boards.theforce.net/uk_regional_forum/b10027/23846489/p1/?58.

So far as I know Me, Tim and Nat will be finding our way down from Linclon on the sunday morning to make the meet. 8am sounds good Nat, so those of you just coming to York on the Sunday should aim to meet about : outside the Minster.

Nat, has Hal said anything to you yet about what the accomodation situation is?

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, this my understanding of where we are going and the Sunday morning (I need to be corrected if I am wrong) -
    8am will be good if we can get someone to get us off an army base for that time (it'll have to be via car). Factor in people drinking, we need someone to come forward who isn't and doesn't mind an early start. Can we expect anyone to do that? I am not so certain.

16. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    OK, so we need to get onto Hal and see what's happening with acoomodation.

Would it be too much if we booked a taxi and split the fare if we can't get a lift from someone?

I've had a look at the National Rail site, and come up with this, as they can take bookings from three months in advance.

The earliest train that leaves, looks like 10.49am and arrives in York at 12.44pm

Maybe we could make the meet up at 1pm, grab some lunch and then have a look around somewhere...

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Just an idea of the train for me, two changes: Southport-Manchester for Sheffield Train then at Sheffield again for Lincoln. Not a problem, but it'll be 3 hours 30 mins. I need to take that into account.
    MANCHESTER OXFORD ROAD 10:38 (CENTRAL TRAINS)
    SHEFFIELD 11:35 - 11:44 (NORTHERN RAIL)
    LINCOLN CENTRAL 13:04

Location wise:
    RAF Cranwell
    Address:

Cranwell
    Sleaford
    Lincolnshire
    NG34 8HB

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/venueDetails.asp?venuecode=22418

Map 1: [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_tenclo/RAF_Cranwell_01.gif]
    Map 2: [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_tenclo/RAF_Cranwell_02.gif]
    Map 3: [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_tenclo/RAF_Cranwell_03.gif]

That's where the base is in relation to Lincoln, Hal says about 30 mins away by taxi. I'll ring the local taxis up when I get free, see what they quote for a price, see if it is a good idea. But we do need to see who can shuttle us there on Saturday too, or a taxi again may be needed. I guess we could plan to meet on Sat all at same time, and go to the base together. Time the trains.

18. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    At a guess (based on Taxi from Richmond to Darlington) we'd be looking at around £25 - £30.

Edit I notice that to get train from Lincoln to York you go through Newark, Which on that map Tim is just as close if not closer so we may as well just go straight there. 11:30 would still be the earliest though.

19. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I had a look at the National Rail site again, and came up with these three options for the arrival.

LONDON KINGS CROSS dep 10:30 GNER
    PETERBOROUGH arr 11:16
    PETERBOROUGH dep 11:50 CENTRAL TRAINS
    LINCOLN CENTRAL arr 13:14

Hmm, a 34 min wait for the next train...

LONDON KINGS CROSS dep 11:10 GNER
    NEWARK NORTH GATE arr 12:28

LONDON KINGS CROSS dep 12:10 GNER
    NEWARK NORTH GATE arr 13:29

BTW, if I book my train tickets online, how to I receive them?

20. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    When ever I've done it I recieved them by post. Donno if you can pick them up at the station though.

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    So, for me to receive the tickets before I leave, I have to book them now, right?

Quickly. I need details. Stat!

*Runs around like a headless chook* [face_chicken]
    (Any excuse to use the icon!)

So anyway, what time are we meeting and leaving? For train booking purposes....

22. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Well. we seem a bit stuck on the sunday. So the times are kinda set there, and I'm happy to arrainge my travel times around you. Though booking isn't all that necessary, I've never had a problem finding a seat on a train and it gives you more flexability. Up to you though. Depends how much you need to be in control. Me I just like to wing it. Then again I get myself into trouble just as much as not [face_mischief]

23. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, someone told me that it was cheaper to book online, but I may just get buy my train tickets on the day. I'm a little strapped for cash at the mo.

24. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    doesnt online booking with most sites give you like an e-ticket or something? Then you dont need the physical ticket - you just get a print off and code or something?

25. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    if it's a train online booking site they ask if you wish for them to send the tickets to you. that's what i do when i go home on the train

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.