main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Welcome, new members! (new intro, please review!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonatedGoat

CarbonatedGoat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Hey! Pathetic fan-boy is my line! ;)

2. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Derisa told us the story. Very well done. I am slowly learning the art of the pathetic fan boy and hope you all don't mind guiding me through my baby steps in that direction. I am most definetly looking forward to the next meeting.

Umm, what else to say? I really should probably stop typing now but my fingers appear to have other ideas. I really have nothing else to contribute at the moment so excuse me while I wrench my fingers off the keyboard. *sounds of a brief struggle*

There....until next time.

3. CrazyLegsMC

CrazyLegsMC Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Hey all, i'm Phil from Victoria (obviously). Im new here, I enjoy the SW saga and lots of their spinoffs. Not yet a "fanatic" but after the recent veiwing of AoTC my aticipations of Spisode III are increasing everyday.

I play Hockey religiously, along with watch movies just as much. I'm also intrested in working with the current team whos in charge of this Chapters Website. I have knowledge in HTML, pretty adequate knowledge in ASP (Active Server Pages) and I'm very fluent with with Computer Graphics.

I'm off to hockey now, like I mentioned up above, so i'll msg you all more later.

4. CarbonatedGoat

CarbonatedGoat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Hey! You -can't- be Phil from Victoria! -I'm- Phil from Victoria! AhhH!

And ASP is evil. Learn PHP. Like me. ... or on second thought no. Then you'd be closer to me. And that'd be bad. ;)

5. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Me: Hello everyone, I'm Jason
    Everyone: Hi Jason!
    Me: Hi...I Love Star Wars and i'm here for the 12 step program to make it to a meeting in Victoria.

Just keep me posted well in advance. I've heard about the "Trek" to Richmond (no pun intended). I'm going to be in Vancouver with work so i'll post here what the experience was like when i get back on the 2nd of June.

Gesh

6. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    I went to the digital showing of SW in Richmond and it was like watching a DVD with a REALLLYYYY huge screen. Very crisp and clear. It only plays at certain times of the day but hit the silver city website for Vancouver. They may have other shows. I went over there for work and it only cost $6 to take a bus downtown and back plus $13.5 for tickets. I don't beleive it's worth $40 plus tickets to go over there though.
    Just a humble opinion.

Gesh

7. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Gesh - first of all, hi there! Welcome, welcome to you! :) Yes, we are an enthusiastic bunch, I promise you that. Or at least, I know *I* am. ;) Now....I just wanted to say that I quite agree with you, and indeed, I already know that it's not necessary to spend some $40+ *plus* the cost of the movie ticket itself, in order to do the whole trip and back again. More to the point, some of us - and I happen to be part of that some, so I have a certain vested interest in all this :) - just can't afford even that much right now. *Forty* bucks or more for a one-shot deal? Now, yes, admittedly I paid just a bit over $50 for a ticket for the Improv show we had here, just this evening....but I knew from the show last year that it would absolutely be worth it, and it darn well *was* and in spades, let me tell you! Man oh man, my hands are still chapped and sore from clapping so hard and enthusiastically....and the corners of my mouth feel permanently starched and ironed into a wide grin....whee! :)

Now, then....yes, like I was saying - I agree with you on the whole potentially prohibitive cost thing, most definitely. For some of us it's just not feasible right now - at least, not anytime like right this coming weekend....which, of course, is why I keep wondering - and meaning to ask but keep neglecting to when I actually have the opportunity, but oh well - of someone who would actually know, and be in the area to ask the theatre - how long they intend to be showing Ep II in digital? If it's for several weeks, maybe a month or two more at least - as I'd naturally expect :) - then obviously we're in the clear. But as it stands right now, well....::imitiates the world's smallest violin:: Um, yeah. That would be the thing.... :)

Dawn.

8. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Improv? Where and when did it happen? I'm a big fan of improv. Just as an idea, the Victoria group could have a "Who's line" night; any takers?

The trip could be done much cheaper than $40 as a Van or vehicle costs ~120 both ways for 5-6 people and the tix at $13.5 plus bring on meals at ~$10 is ~$40 each in total for the whole thing. That and the Toy R Us and that awesome store in Noth Van with the great display of SW figures past and present make it for an interesting expedition for a daytrip. Just a thought.

Gesh

9. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Gesh - yeah, like I said, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the cost of the proposed Vancouver trip....there *must* be ways to keep it down, minimizing it as much as possible....very much so because some of us, as I've commented upon before, are rather short of cash - have pretty much nothing to spare this month, at least - and don't see that as a situation that's gonna let up anytime soon. I guess my point is that *later*, yeah, then we might be able to manage it. Like maybe the end of June or even a smidgen after that, around that time....it just seems way more feasible to me, a vague *possibility* at the very least, rather than trying to do the trip *now*....and for forty-plus bucks, no less. Eeeep, no, thank you. :)

And, oh, something I thought of yesterday.... I just wanted to gladly and enthusiastically thank all our newbies and club members who are actually and geuinely *interested* in the club, our group as a whole....and who thus love to come to our gatherings and have plenty of fun, get good and creative, and all that....for all our newbies who are so interested in the group, and want to be part of it, we thank you. :) Believe me, your active interest and participation is *far*-and-away preferred to a tactic we've seen certain other people use....namely, that they would express an interest in the club and wanted to join - only so that they could be with us at the front of the Episode II line. And after the movie opened, we'd never hear from them again. I'm sure you can imagine how much that infuriates us....a truly unjust and deplorable thing, indeed! And, no, I'm not being at all subtle about this....why should I be? This is all absolutely true! :)

And, Gesh....you were wondering about the Improv show on Sunday? It was down at the Royal, and it featured many of the U.S. "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" players, like Ryan Stiles (originally from the Island, he's our home-grown boy!), Colin Mochrie (also Canadian and he loves sending it up), Greg Proopst (according to whom, we are all proud citizens of Canadia), Brad Sherwood, Chip Eston....and Kathy Kinney from the "Drew Carey Show", she's lovely....and, the real shocker and delightful surprise of that evening? To see Drew himself come on stage, it was a *total* surprise for all of us! He drove eighteen hours up here from L.A., just for the show....and we loved it. :)

How much did we love it, you may be asking? Well....I've never laughed so hard in my entire life, I know that much, and I also know how dearly and sorely I *needed* this one fun, joyous experience....and after yesterday, now more than ever. And, hey, here's some proof for you....my sides and stomach are still sore and aching from laughing so hard. As Willow would say - happy, but ow! :)

Hm....who here wants to do more costuming? I mean, *seriously*. ;) Me, me! ::jumping up and down eagerly::

Dawn.

10. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Wow...sorry i missed the improv. I'd pay the money to see and experience that! I'm interested in costuming. I have the beginnings of a Jedi outfit but would like the lowdown of fabric and exact colour for a cloak so i can go to Fabricville and order. patterns for the cloak would be good too because i only have the 12" doll ones for a guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.