San Joaquin, CA Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello and welcome to The Order of the Twin Suns: Tulare County Fan Force.

This is the place to get started by introducing yourself.

Name(first is fine)
    Age(if you dare)
    Where do you live?
    Interests, Star Wars and otherwise

My name is Bette and 6 or 7 years old in cat years which is not like dog years. I live in Visalia. Besides being interested in Star Wars and costuming, I find cats, psychology, and spreading the truth about the "evil Jedi" to be my most rewarding pasttimes.

Okay, next.
  2. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    are we all supposed to do this or is it just for people who stumble across here, and are thinking of joining??
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    No, you do not have to post. This is for new members unless the Emperor says otherwise.
  4. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi,
    Name's Lorenzo. I'm 32 years old, live in Porterville, and my 8 year old son and I are BIG Star Wars fans. He has an EpII Anakin costume I made for him to wear at Celebration III in Indianapolis last April. I have a near complete Jango Fett costume (just need to finish the jetpack). I'll try to post a pic from the EPIII midnight premier with us in costume, including my sister who has a Jawa costume.[image=http://image56.webshots.com/156/2/44/20/438724420mOScwF_ph.jpg]. I've heard about a fan club being in Tulare Co., but just stumbled upon this forum a few days ago. I'm very interested in seeing what your all about. Thanks,Lorenzo
  5. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello and welcome. I'm glad you found our boards and if you want you can check out our website at www.theorderofthetwinsuns.com There is a link at the top of our forum page.

We will have a meeting September 16th at Borders bookstore in Visalia and you are welcome to attend.

Visit the boards as often as you like.
  6. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
  7. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    cool! another p'ville resident!
    (...and then there were three...)
    come to the meeting, if you can, and introduce yourself.

how great that you and your son got to go to C3... wish i'd been able to go.
    if you watched the cabaret there, you may have seen some of us already.

8. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, thanks for the warm welcomes and friendly words. CIII was a blast, and we can't wait for CIV-we'll be there no matter where it's held. Unfortunately we didn't stay for Sunday at CIII, so I think we missed the Cabaret. 2nd place to a dancing Wookie is awesome though considering the competition was nation wide. My son and I will definitely be at the meeting at Borders-we can't wait-wish it was sooner. The earlier pic was at the Porterville midnight premier. We had a few jedi, and there was a Boba Fett that didn't stay in costume too long. From the gallery pics on your website, it looks like you guys had fun at the Tulare premier. Here's a pic of me, my wife, son, & sis with Ray Parks at last Novembers Gen-Con in Anahiem; and a pic from CIII (I want clone armor!). Take care,Lorenzo
    http://image32.webshots.com/32/3/54/45/344635445llkDtd_ph.jpg
    http://image32.webshots.com/33/4/28/35/344642835FROOTr_ph.jpg
  9. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    ...i seem to be having no luck with any of those picture links... but i really want to see them! i want to figure out if i know you already, as i have had lots of jobs in the <ahem> service industry and have seen a lot of people over the years.

<thought occurs suddenly>

hey, were you ever into magic cards..? if you were, i'll bet i know who you are... the age would be about right, too.

10. Cruzer_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I noticed it didn't post a smaller pic like the last time. [image=http://image32.webshots.com/32/3/54/45/344635445llkDtd_ph.jpg]I'll try this again but put the pic in the text this time. [image=http://image32.webshots.com/33/4/28/35/344642835FROOTr_ph.jpg] And, no I've never hit the Magic scene. Just Star Wars, LOTR, anything comic books with my son, but mostly Star Wars. I did graduate from Monache HS in 1991 though. Porterville's a pretty small town where everyone knows each other.-Lorenzo
  11. Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well i'm not new but here i am any way.
    I like prefoming, Star wars is one of those stories that doesn't end as long as you hang on to it. Now with the prequals we are inspired to tell stories of long ago and now have a chance to invent a beginning. We have a good start rite here and if we run with it we may surprise not only the world but ourselves as well.
  12. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    "why is he being all philosophical tonight? it's so unlike him." - jerry

(okay, he was joking. but i did my best to get him in trouble!!)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

>>runs to avoid flying sticks from husband and sensei<<
  13. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Since I'm not a new member I won't post anything here... no wait....
  14. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    *Rather casually, Venge walks into the thread, stopping just a step through the door. He looks around, and proceeds to take his shoes off, placing them next to the door. Once finished, he looks at everyone in the thread, nods, and walks out, leaving said shoes by the door.*
  15. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    *The Wookiee, just as casually, checks out the shoes. Are they cool? And will they fit?*
  16. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    <walks over, looks down>

"COOL! free shoes!"

17. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, who left these shoes in the floor? I suppose you expect me to pick them up and put them away? As if I don't have enough to do what with running the Empire from the sidelines and baking cookies.
  18. mhkerekes Jedi Padawan

Hi Everyone,

Matt here, formerly from your Galaxy. I am sure Barry told you all that I was fired, I have since taken a job with another theatre company in West Palm Beach, Florida. If any of you find your way out here for a convention or anything you have to let me know and we will get together. Take care all and I again thank you for your hard work and friendship. Until we meet again. I will miss the promotions we could have had.

19. Qui-Gon-Lives Jedi Padawan

Matt again, I figured if I was going to start posting I should have a better name. See you around!
  20. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    matt!!!

bummer about your job, we all thought the world of you, and not just for humoring us.

florida's a realllly long way away, i doubt you'll see most of us out there... but i have it on good authority that the Tallest (bald wookiee) is heading out to florida in december for a visit. can't remember where he'll be, but if it's close maybe you guys can meet up!

i wish you and your family very well in your future endeavors, and hope you make it back to cali someday. and don't be a stranger... feel free to post here. you are an honorary member, after all. that carries obligations to keep in touch. :D

21. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, thanks for your kindness.
  22. Harryp0tter Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone, I'm Mike a employee at Galaxy (Played Harry Potter in the promo this last weekend).

I'm 22 and I live in Tulare, easy to get to work that way :p.

Had fun at that practice yesterday cant wait for the next one :D

P.S. I'll think up a star wars name just give me a bit I chose this harryp0tter name cause then you can easily identify me ;)

Oh and hi Matt nice to hear from you.
  23. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Harry or Mike. You will have to forgive if for a while some of us still call you Harry. I glad that you enjoyed last night and plan to return. Can't wait to see you blowing fireballs:D

Mother Palpatine, A boy's bestfriend.
  24. Boba-The-Fett Jedi Knight

well i never actually post hardly ever but when i do its good.... im just joking every one knows im tiffany im 20years young i like the costuming and make up that is why i like star wars i have never seen the last episodes i need to but havent yet i really enjoy the newer episodes and welcome harry to our forums i hope you enjoy your time with us.

tiffany
  25. beadchaser Jedi Padawan

hihi

uh, decided to register and all that; been searching, and !! there is a purple twi'lek... apparently lucas' daughter (so I've heard, don't repeat that because the source is dubious) portrays one in the bar scene in II. spotty too... and bright green as well. I've seen documentation for several other colors, so ... wait. I'm rambling on incoherently. blame the cold meds plz.

oh yeah, the other bits of info requested uptop.
    name = margie
    age = 36
    living in visalia
    interests = too many to mention.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.