main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome New Users - Information

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Lord-Wiz, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    can't we do a new one of these threads and pin it to the header at the top, to replace the old one? the one up there seems a little, well, stale.

2. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    I never even read it when I joined here. Looking at it now though it does seem a little dated. There's only about three people I recognise who posted in it.

3. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    About 95% of the newbies that start Hello I'm new threads just post for that one day and never come back. Seems a bit pointless really if they are only there for the day. :p

4. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    so how can we get these new users to stay? what can we offer them? is it a case of there not being a lot to interest them? we could link them to the new boards, but would that be enough? there are still people from here that haven't registered on the new boards, or have registered and not posted.

how can we entice people to come to the FF-UK and stay?

5. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Hold a gun to there head? :confused:

Nah, seriously I dunno. I'd have to think about that. There isn't really anything we could offer them to make them stay. I think you either just take to it or you don't.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    maybe we could do a new welcome thread, sticky it to the top, and link to the different chapter boards, so that they can see that we are real life groups that actually get out and do things. mainly social gatherings at the moment but that will change as the chapters get more members and gain momentum and presence (serious stuff, sorry hal :p ).

we need to actually contribute something the same way american fan forces do.

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...I actually like the 'introduce yourself' style thread - at least it give new users a feeling of being welcomed.....

..also...if we can identify where these people are from even roughly (in the 'introduce yourself..') then perhaps the CRs for that area could pick up on that too and point out their local chapters....

its all about retention and involvement, but at the right level of comfort for everyone of course...not everyone will make 1000 posts in a week (aside from Ritchie and his o_O's)...sometimes its just nice to read whats hapenning....

am I rambling here....sorry - head is a shed today 8-}

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I thought of this a while back, but why don't we have a sticky saying "Please start here - the Welcome thread - I'm new here!" or something similar, that way if we get an influx of new people, they can get welcomed in there.

9. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I agree that we need a new one. That does seem kinda dated.

10. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    This may sound a bit stupid, but I think its got too many words; when I'm new to anything I don't like lots of words, I read little chunks and work it out myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.