main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

MOD Welcome New Users! Please start here! (Now with a quick guide to era tags)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 15, 2015.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    Then people look like telltales, which is kind of uncomfortable, too. [face_blush]

Anyway, I talked to three other folks who find these three things annoying/uncomfortable as well.

2. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Posting about it publicly is much more of a tattle than PMing about it where the other person doesn't know if it was another user or just us noticing. We do our best, sometimes it slips through, I don't really know what else to say. If you don't want to PM about it, then it might slip through. You won't always see anything about it because the vast majority of the time we PM people about these things because it's almost always someone new who just doesn't know.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    You absolutely have a point and I'm sorry.

mavjade likes this.
  4. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    How do I search among tags? I figured out how to set them, but when I want to search for tags set on other writers' stories I cannot find how to do it. Should I just enter the possible tag name in the "search" field of the forum, or is there another way to search?
    Please forget the question. I found the answer in another post.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Can someone please direct me to the rules on reposts? I looked in the FAQ thread but didn't see anything on reposting. Thanks!

6. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    There are no hard and fast rules about reposting (for now), other than you need to indicate it's a repost in the title bar.
    It's not a rule but the general community consensus on re-posting is that it should either have major changes from the previous version (not just grammar edits) or have been quite some time since the original post (4-5 years).