Welcome new users!

Discussion in 'Bloomington, IN' started by DarthJurist, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Per NorvelleJedi05?s request, please use this thread to introduce yourself. :)

From the previous thread:

Hello to all new members here.

Registering, here's what you do. Click on Register, it'll go to page asking for your user name (must be 20 characters or less in length), date of birth, e-mail address, click Next Step, it'll go to page asking for you to re-enter your e-mail address & click on Finished Registration and then you're done. If you have any problems please contact me here on this thread. I'll be happy to help you out. Thanks.

If you don't already have a screen name, click here to go directly to the JC/FF registration page. And because I'm a mod, I'll take this oppertunity to remind you to look over the Terms of Service. ;)

Have fun!

~H~
  2. DZ-437 Jedi Knight

star 1
    How's it going guys? Just thought I would drop a couple lines in since I just recently found the Bloomington board. I live just south in the big ol' town of Bedford. Not a real big fan contingent down her just yet but I'm working on it. As you may have guessed by my post name, I am a member of the 501st Bloodfin Garrison. So if you ever have any events where a costumed presence might be appreciated, let me know.
    Until then...."May the For"...Oh you know the rest.

DZ-437 out.
  3. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    :D :D :D

Please post a reply here. Thanks.

:D

News:

Daniel and Stephanie (photographer) from the IDS (Indiana Daily Student), the student newspaper of IU, interviewed me about the Hoosier Alliance this Monday while I was at Borders bookstore during the Star Wars book club meeting.

I'll inform everyone when the feature article will be in the IDS soon.

:D
  4. yodajammies60 Jedi Padawan

Greetings all.

So I saw the article in the IDS today and I think that joining a fan club is totally what I need. So, I'll introduce myself. I'm an IU student (music) and I have most of the NJO sitting on my shelf. Awesome series! Problem is, I'm too broke right now to buy any more. Or maybe I just keep buying too many video games. Yeah, that must be it. Anyway, nice job Norvelle generating all the publicity. I want to go to any events you guys think up, so, post away! Lets get the community rolling.

Oh yeah, I have a Jedi costume. I'm such a geek!
  5. DZ-437 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to the Hoosier Alliance yodajammies.
    Don't worry.... we're ALL Star Wars geeks around here.
    Cool to know we have another costumer around. Do you have any pictures of your Jedi garb.
  6. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the Hoosier Alliance, yodajammies. :)

I'm a costumer too. Glad you're aboard. :D
  7. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  8. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we're ALL Star Wars geeks around here
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Welcome to the Fanforce boards.

BTW, I'm slowly building a jedi costume...and I threw together a Gandolf the White costume for the LOTR Marathon our FF is going to!
  10. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome everyone. Sign up here.
  11. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome everyone and all new members to the Hoosier Alliance, the Star Wars fan club of Bloomington. :)

I'm Norvelle Jedi and I started the club. Just to let everyone know about this thread DarthJurist was our former RSA (regional support administrator) and Krash is our current RSA.

Please introduce yourself here. Thanks. :)
  12. UKDefender Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the welcome. If you have a kareoke night, let me know!
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    UKDEFENDER:
    Whats you name? Sorry we DONT have a kareoke night .
    Are you coming to this Sat meeting?
    Eric
  14. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the Hoosier Alliance board, UKDefender.

kareoke night? That sounds cool. We're always trying to come up with ideas of what to do. Kareoke night that's an excellent idea.

Are you coming to the meeting this Saturday?
    - Star Wars Discussion Group:
    Date & Time: Sat., February 21st, 2004 @ 4pm
    Place: Bloomington Barnes & Noble store

part book club, part collecting club

Star Wars Book Club
    We'll be discussing the book Force Heretic II: Refugee from the New Jedi Order series.

Star Wars Collecting Club
    The Star Wars Collecting Club is a local group who get together the third Saturday of the month to talk and trade Star Wars.

We help each other out in finding a Star Wars item in need to reporting recent toy finds and news. We follow the Collector's Code in helping a fellow collectors in need. We do not Scalp! We just help each other out.

If you need any directions to the Bloomington Barnes & Noble store please feel free to pm me here on the boards or email me at norvellejedi@fanforce.net Thanks. :)

15. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Brian
    Your kidding about the Keroke idea? RIGHT!
    :)
  16. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    UKDEFENDER:
    Sorry to have troubled you .YOU SHOULD NOT post anything in our fourm board. This board is for Bloomington,IND USA post's only.
  17. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  18. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  19. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  20. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  21. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  22. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey guys! I'm finally a registered user! Had a good time at our meeting tonight. Glad to see some new blood!
    Sara
  23. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    any new members please sign in.
  24. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  25. RancorBreath Jedi Knight

Hey-

New guy here. Been in Bloomington since last summer, grad student at IU, blah, blah blah...I'm curious about the group--tell me about the meetings...If I wanted to sit in, is it cool to just show up at the bookstore?

I'll throw this out just for fun..it's a dream story--was snooping around my wife's parents attic in Oklahoma, and lo and behold--nicely stored Star Wars booty...Death star playset, 12-inch figures, nothing mint in the box, but well-kept up with the original packaging...it was so amazing to open the box and see all this stuff...like stories you hear where someone finds Action Comics #1 in a crack in the wall. (okay, so it's a far cry from Action #1!) The kicker is, my wife's parents won't part with it...ack!! There it all sits, in an Oklahoma attic. Could be on display as George Lucas intended, but no.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.