Welcome new users!

Discussion in 'Bloomington, IN' started by DarthJurist, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    The more the merrier! We'd love to have you! We're just a group of geeks who get together and talk about Star Wars :)
  2. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, you should definitley come sit in....and my advice....steal those toys....ASAP..lol
  3. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome RancorBreath. I'm glad to see another person posting. Our meeting is tomorrow Sat., April 17th at 6pm. We're also going to have a Star Wars book club at 4pm. Both are held at the Bloomington Barnes & Noble store across from the College Mall on 3rd St. I hope to see you there. We'll have fun.
  4. Bodknocks_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone! I've never been to an Alliance meeting before, but I hope I can come to the one tonight. I just found out about it a few weeks ago.

Thanks, hope to see you all there!
  5. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great!
    Glad to here 2 new members are here!
    Tell your friends!
  6. RancorBreath Jedi Knight

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome...hey--does anyone know when or if there will be a third round of "Clone Wars" cartoons? I am so hooked on those, except it kills me that each one is over as soon as it starts. My mind isn't made up about General Grievous. I tend to think Jedi could see beyond his big bad spinning hands and claw feet. I'm interested to see what else he's got...suppose I'll have to wait for Ep III...ahhh, Darth Maul could take him..:)

7. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm pretty sure there aren't going to be any more Clone Wars cartoons :(
  8. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    we're looking for newbies.
  9. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    only two days until the May meeting. i'm posting this up in case we have some newbies show up. ;)
  10. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    a newbie to show up soon :;
  11. Xizorade Jedi Padawan

Hey all. I thought I might post over here as well, but I've already introduced myself in the business card thread...

To quote the eminent sage and mystic Fozzie Bear,

Wakka, wakka, wakka.

Matt
  12. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am a newbie and just want to thank Eric for the invite. Dennis "lukesky27"
  13. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome aboard Dennis. :) Could you tell us a little about yourself? Thanks.
  14. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, okay...I saw ANH when I was 6 at a drive-in that no longer exists in Indy. I starting getting the toys as soon as they were available for Christmas that year and the figures shortly thereafter in 1978.
    I saw ESB in a theater in Fort Wayne, I saw ROTJ opening weekend in Toledo, Ohio...I still remember that line. I have been collecting since the beginning. At some point and time, I have owned and sold every vintage figure ever made except for the Droid figure Vlix. That is a brief SW history for you. I will talk collecting, movies, theories and trivia with everyone. I LOVE TRIVIA!!!

Personal junk: I am a high school teacher. I am married with two Boston Terriers as my "kids". I deal with enough children everyday at my job, so therefore do not want real kids to come home to. :)
    I had a newspaper article in the Bedford paper about my Star Wars collection about 7 years ago when the SE were released.

BTW, NO WAY GREEDO SHOOTS FIRST AND MISSES FROM THAT CLOSE RANGE!!! What was GL thinking???

lukesky27

15. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Dennis Im so happy you joined!
    Could you please send you email to me again so I can include you in club note's ect.
    Welcome home padawon!
    Eric
  16. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    dmassengill@yahoo.com is my email.

thanks again for the invite
  17. RancorBreath Jedi Knight

Maybe Greedo's aim was a bit off after sharing a few too many death sticks with Walrus Man at the bar...

18. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greedo was on the job...no way he was sharing death sticks. :)

19. DZ-437 Jedi Knight

star 1
    After he ran into Han in the Cantina, Greedo became a death stick. Personally, I am of the opinion that the special editions are just Rebel propoganda to cover up the MURDER of poor Greedo by the drug smuggling Solo.
  20. Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Master

star 1
    we have no pitty for slime
  21. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cannot blame Solo for Greedo...let's face it, Greedo was a sloppy bounty hunter. NO MORE, NO LESS! He should have scouting Solo better before approaching him in a Cantina. I would say with a 100% assurance that IG-88 would have known Solo had a blaster at the ready to blow away anyone who stood the way of his ever consuming greed!
    That is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
  22. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Dennis, what high school do you teach at?
  23. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    I was wondering about that too John. :)

Dennis, I'll tell you about the pe teacher from Texas that I met on the TDH (The Dented Helmet). Just pm me. Thanks. :)
  24. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I teach at Bedford North Lawrence High School...home of Damon Bailey.

25. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I live in Bloomington and teach down in Bedford. Teaching is a great job and today is the last student day. One more teacher day and I am off for the summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.