main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Welcome New Visitors!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craro_Rabut

Craro_Rabut Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    Greetings I was surfing theforce.net and stumbled across your organization. I am very impressed I had no idea that there were this many avid Star Wars enthusiasts in my area. I would very much enjoy becoming a member of your wonderful organization, and also attending your meetings. Any help in doing so would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hello and Welcome Craro. We have having a meeting on Wednesday the 14th at the Borders on McKnight Road. Please stop by to meet those of us who will be there.

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Hello there,

I live in Ambridge, which is about half an hour drive if the traffic is good.

The earliest memory I have is watching Star Wars at Kane Road drive in. I remember being kinda p***ed because GODZILLA VS MEGALON was on after, but dad had to go to work...:( \

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome to the boards CernStormrunner! I see that you are not new to TFN, but I'm glad that you made your way to the Pittsburgh boards.

5. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    thanks. one of my new years resolutions is to get out of my cave more often.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Cool. Our next meeting isn't until February but we have the Lifeday Party at the Holiday Inn on McKnight Road on January 7th. The cost is $20 and includes dinner, so if you are interested in joining us just let me know.

7. Craro_Rabut

Craro_Rabut Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    Thank you for the invitation however with the holiday being so overwhelming I was unable to attend. Is there a date for the Febuary meeting, and just out of curiosity what is a typical agenda at your meetings? The only reason I pose this question is that it would be a little bit of a drive for me to attend.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I wouldn't say that we always have a "typical" agenda, as some meetings are more important then others. I usually try to have the agenda posted in each month's meeting thread and on the website, so you can always see what is planed ahead of time.

For the February and March meetings, we will certainly talk about the upcoming Pittsbrugh Comicon as several members will be involved with some of the panels.

Also, I think that the Epic Duels board game tourny will be held at the February meeting. That is always a fun time. That will probably be a good one to come to.

9. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    any idea when or where the March meeting is?

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    We are discussing the location now in the February meeting thread, since the original option was not available. Feel free to go into that thread and give any input/suggestions!

11. Jedi_Master_Jaden

Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    hey im new to this thing, im from pittsburgh or Penn-Trafford to be more exact, anyway just thought i would say hi

12. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Greetings! We hope you will stop and say hi to us a Comicon next month!

13. Jedi_Master_Jaden

Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    hey sounds good i'll try to make it just send me some info about it(where/when) thanks

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    pittsburghcomicon.com

We will also be having a meeting in May.

15. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Hi, we've been visiting this site for some months now and we are interested in going to the Awards Banquet. We are going to the Comicon. Can you give us some info about the banquet? I know the time and amt and all but what all goes on at this banquet? What are awards for? Is it just for members?
    (We will pay with paypal.)
    backround: My husband went to ANH for our first date! We raised our 3 sons to love Star Wars. Being a seamstress, I am into costuming. (so are my sons)

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Anyone can come. strawbary is putting together the events and entertainment for the dinner. I'll PM her and ask her to give a better description of what the dinner is all about. The awards are:

1. C3P0 award - (most talkative) This award will go to the chapter who has the most active forum on the FF boards.

2. R2D2 Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best website.

3. Chewie Award - This award goes to the Chapter with the best Fanfilm. This will be viewers Choice. The voting will be up to the members in the NE region. Please PM me a link to your Fanfilm where it can be viewed so I can link that to the boards once this is announced on FF.

4. Luke Award - Goes to the FF chapter who has grown not only grown in numbers by member count but has shown an overall improvement in their group as a whole.

5. Padme Award - This Award goes to Best Chapter Rep in the Region. This Cr must show strong leadership skills and overall great communication amongst their chapter and is an active voice with FF.

6. Leia Award - Goes to the Chapter who has been actively involved in charity events within their own community and has contributed to their Chapter hometown in some way.

7.Queen Amidala AWard - Best Costuming group. Goes to the Chapter with the best costumes overall as a group. In order to compete for this you will need to submit a group costumed photo.

8. Vader Award - This goes to the chapter with the best Forum Banner.

9. Yoda Award- (service award)Our highest Award. This will go to the chapter /person in the NE region who has shown exceptional dedication to their love of Star Wars. Consistently has contributed in the FF community in some way.

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey there! Welcome to the boards!!!!

Rox sent me over here to help answer some questions....... Firts off, anyone can attend the awards. The more the merrier!

This is the second year doing the awards. The location changes every year. This year pittsburgh was gracious enough to host the awards this year and planning the dinner. They have done an awesome job!

The awards are for the North East region chapters. ITs just my way of saying thanks to everyone for their hard work. There are some amazing chapters in the NE and I think this is a great way to highlight the chapters in the NE.

Its kinda like the academy awards of fanforce... LOL

I am hoping with the dinner and show everyone will have a great time. ITs a great way to meet chapters from near and far and make new friends.

I look forward to meeting you there!

Hope this little bit of info helps!!!

Thanks ROx for posting the award categories!!!!! :)

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome MomMaster! Since you are interested in costuming I want to let you know about the costuming panel on the Sunday of the Comicon weekend, but I'm guessing that you already know about it. Several SWAP members will be hosting that panel who share the same interests.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family at the banquet!

19. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Yay! Another costumer! Are you in Pittsburgh or somewhere else?

20. SnakeWesker

SnakeWesker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2006
    Hello, I am also new. I talked to one of you at the ComiCon booth today. I was the one that had the puffy hair, and was dressed like a Jedi.

I have loved the Star Wars films for a long time now, and am now getting into the various books that have been written. I have read the Thrawn Trilogy, and am currently reading Shadows of the Empire. I also love the Star Wars video games, especially the Knights of the Old Republic series.

Anyway, it is nice to see that Pittsburgh has a good number of dedicated Star Wars fans. Keep up the good work!

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Welcome to our message board! Hope you find our little corner of the web fun and interesting. :)

22. JediPotter

JediPotter Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    Hey guys, was at the comicon this past weekend.

23. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Geez, I remember someone telling me they were "JediPotter," but in my headdress/wig/hormone-induced-headache-racked mind, :oops: I don't remember which person it was. Were you the one who whipped your costume up the day before?

Welcome, anyway, whoever you are!

24. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Hi, I too was at the Comicon this weekend. My fiance was a former student of Ms. Anderson, and I found the Lightsaber panel to be highly informative. I've already built my first "hardware" saber and it was refreshing to know that I'm not the only one who looks at random parts and goes, "Hey, I can use that as a doo-hickey for a lightsaber."

25. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Oh, yes, there are many of us who look at pipes and faucet handles and other gizmos in an entirely new way. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.