main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Welcome New Visitors!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killdeer19

killdeer19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2006
    Hi! I was at this years Comicon with some of my family. I had alot of fun and highly recomend it to anyone for next year! This is my first post as I'm just joining. Hope to see you guys more often! (FYI. I was Han Solo at the Comicon)

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings and welcome to all of out new visitors! I'm glad that the panels were helpful and enjoyable for those in attendance.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya and welcome to the boards. Were you the Han that was running around with the folks dressed as Leia, Anakin, and Shmi?

Glad you found your way to the boards and hope to see you on the 13th!

4. killdeer19

Apr 24, 2006
    yeppers... that's me!

5. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    Hi everyone!!!

I finally got a forum name. Every name I wanted was taken so I went with a cross between two of the most knowledgably people of the force.

Anyways I was at the comicon with han, leia and shmi and I was at the last swap meeting. I wrote down Tobedetermine as my forum name so now that can be updated.

6. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Welcome![:D]

7. killdeer19

Apr 24, 2006
    it's about time slacker... ;-) LOL

8. Leafy

Leafy Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    Hey all! Sorry i didn't post sooner. Im a former student of Greencat's and fiance to GoggledKnight. also know some other the other members and really wanted to get involved. i also really enjoyed meeting people at the comic con and at kennywood!

9. LittleTigah

LittleTigah Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    Hello, just wanted to say it was so nice meeting people at Comicon and especially at Kennywood and hope to go to many more events. You guys seem like a really great group. ^_^ Oh and I'm friends already with a few of the forum members, Leafy and GoggledKnight.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Greetings to the new members! It sounds like everyone had a good time at Kennywood and I hope that you all plan on coming to some of the other events planed for this summer.

11. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Welcome!

12. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Hello Pittsburgh! My name is Sean and I will be moving to Pittsburgh at the end of July, Monroeville to be more specific. My Wife got a new job in Pittsburgh and so that is what is bringing us to the area. I currently live in between Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio. I am originally from Pittsburgh and moved to Ohio around 12 years ago, So I am a Pittsburgh native and exited about returning home. I've been on the boards for 5 years and am a former CR of the now inactive Dayton Fanforce. I am no stranger to the Pittsburgh area because I come there for 3 Steelers games a year and to visit friends and family on a regular basis. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you guys and gals on the boards and to making new Star Wars buddies to hang out with. :)

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome back to Pittsburgh Sean. Please feel free to join us for any of our upcomming events.

You may be moving to Pittsburgh from Ohio at the end of July, but we will be heading to Ohio from Pittsburgh around the same time (July 29th) for the COSI Star Wars exhibit in Columbus. [face_laugh] You and your wife are invited to join us if you want to make the trek back, but if not we have the annual summer picnic on August 26 in South Park, and that's always fun. The next regular meeting will probably be in September and I think it will be in Monroeville, possibly at the library.

It's always good to have new people join the group, so hopefully you can make some of the upcomming events.

14. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I like Sean am originally from pgh. Moved to Virginia about 7 years ago. I'm on my way back soon. Same reason as Sean. Wife got a job there. I think that we are going to be up on cranberry. She is going to be working in the city. I have been a SW fan for most of my life. I do believe that I saw ROTJ in the theater. I do remember watching all of them on laser disk at my uncles. I currently am a member of the recently revieved Richmond cantina FF. I've done saber building, 3 so far. Only 1 for me the others were gifts. Also am working on a communicator ( when i get time) I have a full Jedi costume, made by me. My own character, neither light nor dark...but crazy. I will explain some other time. I plan on doing a Royal Imperial Guard costume next. I also read the books...lots of them. I think I am up into the 80's so far. I lost track of how many and they are currently packed away. We are planning on moving sometime in Feb-March. As long as my current house sells. So I hope to see you all then.

15. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    We hope to see you then, too! Meanwhile, play on the boards with us!

16. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Molly, or Mollusk, and I am an age 25, female, SW/Firefly/LOTR/sci-fi/action/adventure fan. I describe myself as being a novelist, designer (Industrial Design), and camp counselor.
    I grew-up in Western NY state, lived in Rochester, NY, for awhile, attended RIT, and used to be a part of the Rochester Rebellion FanForce group up there; I actually started their "Collector's Corner" meeting & boards conversation time, since I did more collecting than costuming. :D

My parents moved from Western NY state down to Southwestern PA in June 2005. I travel a lot, but am spending some time living with them right now (Winter 2006/2007). I'm currently living in Indiana, PA - the college-town home of IUP - and for all the students & people here, I am not taking classes at the college, I don't "do" the bar scene {*ahem* most of town}, I don't presently have a car, and my only real few friends here so far have been the 12-15 year old gals & their moms that I met last year here, while I assisted as a Girl Scout Troop leader.

So.
    I had entirely forgotten about Star Wars FanForce associations, because of my travels, until a friend of mine from my old SWFF Rebellion group (Ryan Jones, posts as "Jedi Agent", I think) recently commented on making new friends in his new home of Nashville, TN. He travels a lot, too - he typically is on tour as part of the band with a group called the Locash Cowboys. He said he went from being bummed out & bored about his new home, to suddenly having people to talk to again.

I don't know what all I would be able to attend as far as events with you all, but I just wanted to say hello and see if there was any action I could get in on. :) Let me know!
    I am also on MySpace, Facebook, and LiveJournal.

Cheers, Heros!
    ~Mollusk~

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Welcome to our boards! [:D]

A couple of the girls in our FanForce go to IUP.

18. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    hello! check the threads and events! hope you can join us for some fun! :)

19. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Hi, Strangewings and Max/Molly. Welcome to the 'Burgh. Jedigirl is from Cranberry when she's not at school. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Cranberry (close compared to Pittsburgh).

There are several threads concerning upcoming events if you're interested.

What's your LJ name? I'm bonnie-halfelvn.
    [:D]

20. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    Hello everyone! My name is Steven and just joined in a couple days ago. I live in WV but work in Pittsburgh (Robinson). I've been a member on several other boards, mainly Rebelscum, under Rebojazz as well. I'm just looking at meeting some new collectors/enthusiasts in the Pitt. area.

I've been involved in JediconWV, as well as, planning a large Star Wars exhibit in Wheeling for the 30th anniversary next year... more info will come later ;) .

Cheers,
    Steven

21. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Hello Rebojazz! You sound like an awesome person to have around. Welcome!

22. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Welcome, Rebojazz

23. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    Thanks for the warm greetings. Wow, it's almost Christmas... everybody have a merry one! :)

24. Phobia_Deimos

Phobia_Deimos Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2007
    *waves* I'm new around here .. was wondering.. when is the next meeting and where at?
    and a little info about me..
    My name is Melissa.. SW geek for about .. 2 years I think.. Favroite areas are costuming and lightsaber building.. charcter wise.. Obi Wan ^_______^ and I know why Darth Maul was always so cranky.. Bo staves are a pain to handle.. same principal moves... yes.. see ? i jsut got all 6 movies.. I blog too.. www.phobiadeimos.blogspot.com

an OC I created.. well .. I'm off to read more here

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Welcome Phobia.

Our next meeting is Saturday, February 10, 2007, at the Ross Township Community Center on McKnight Road, at noon. Hope to see you there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.