Welcome New Visitors!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by Meriwyn, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Knight

Whats up people, I'm not exactly new, I just haven't been on here in a LONG time, just saying hi.
  3. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  4. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just an update. I will be returning to the burgh at the end of March. So I hope to see everyone after that.
  5. Yhrathimus Jedi Padawan

I was Darth Nihilus at the Pittsburgh Comic Con this year, and Galadriel pointed me in this direction. I live in Altoona, and I've been meaning to look into the Star Wars Association for a while. So, hi!

(Heh. Forgot I signed up for the Jedi Council forums a while ago.)
  6. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome Yhrathimus!

Check out the upcoming events on out website. In the meantime, feel free to stick around the boards and engange in nerdy discussion!
  7. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Welcome! I wasn't there Sunday and didn't get to see your costume :( Got any pics?
  8. Yhrathimus Jedi Padawan

I don't have any con pics of me in my costume, but I can gather some links to pics I've seen if that'd work.
  9. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hiya Yhrathimus and Welcome!
  10. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome, Yhrathimus!

BonMothma, aka Galadriel here.

Glad you stopped by!

11. Pawnnolonger Jedi Knight

Well I figured I'd just say Hi and see what this is all about. My name is Damien. I'm all for doing things that get me out of the house for anything besides work, as my friends are all boring and suck. (Not really, I love them dearly but they like me are busy all the time)
  12. SuperChill Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hi Damien. There are plenty of events coming up and we usually catch a movie every weekend somewhere. Take a look in the movie nights thread. Hope to see you.
  13. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome, Damien!

We do lots of things :D Both in the 'real world' and here on the boards. Check out the Oaks thread also! We usually meet around 11:30 in front of the theater on Saturday nights to catch the Midnight Matinees.

14. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hello there!

Hopefully our RL events get you out of the house so we can meet you!

Welcome aboard!

:)
  15. PrincessB Jedi Knight

I'm sorta new here, been lurking quite awhile and finally got around to registering :)
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hiya PrincessB! Welcome and w00t for de-lurking to say hello. :D
  17. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Welcome! Hope to see you more! :)
  18. Kuruk Jedi Padawan

Hello all,

My name is George and I am a Sci-fi geek. (Hi George) I am new to your group. I'm not sure want you might want to know, I am a married 38 year old Truck driver, that enjoys Sci-fi and dresses as a Klingon for fun. I am active it a local Sci-fi group that is mostly Trek related. Our members belong to many different groups. I believe we believe the same things, Unite the fandoms in Pittsburgh. I have always enjoyed the first 3 Star Wars films and as a youth own almost all the toys. Even though Trek is my first love, it was T.V.. Star Wars will always be the Big Screen favorite.
  19. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hiya George! (A name with much honor attached to it in the SW universe :D )

20. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome, Kuruk. A very Klingon-ish name. :)
  21. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi all new comers!!!

Good to see another Star Wars/Star Trek fan. You have to love them both.
  22. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone.

My name is Ron I just joined via the SWAP website. Like George I'm another one from the local Startrek group. I've been with them for going on 4 years now. I don't do costumes but I love Sci-Fi. I'm not into sports so in Pittsburgh that kinda makes me the odd man out. :) I'm a South Hills guy. I live in West Mifflin right next the Border with Pleasant Hills close to Century 3 Mall. If you like to know more about me just ask or you can check out my Yahoo profile at http://profiles.yahoo.com/xm41

Ron
  23. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    ZOMG TREK INVASION! SOUND THE ALARM!

j/k WELCOME! :)

you'll find many Trek fans here and other cross-fandoms as well
  24. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
  25. kmoghjih Jedi Padawan

Greetings,

I am K'moghjIH zantai-Ki'RK (Larry D. French, Sr.), a Dark Lord DaHar Master. My heritage is half-Klingon, half-Vulcan. "I think logically, but with a bad attitude." I am a Jedi Council Member of the Intimidator Jedi Knights, Commanding Officer of the ICV Heghnach, and Executive Officer of the USS Inferno Science Fiction Club.

We met your group at the Pittsburgh Comicon. We had five of us there. Most of us were dressed as Klingons.

Many of us like both Star Trek and Star Wars, but prefer Star Trek over other sci-fi genre. The USS Inferno Sci-Fi Club will take members that like any genre of Science Fiction. Some of us also belong to a Battlestar Galactica club as well. I am the only member of the crew that participates in the Intimidator Jedi Knights group and as a cadet for Garrison Carrida of the 501st Legion. I originally wanted to build a uniform for their group, but found it is way too expensive to be able to do it.

We are interested in getting much more involved with joint ventures with your group since you've expressed interest in wanting to allow us to participate with you. The 501st group doesn't seem interested in doing anything with us.

Qapla'!

K'moghjIH zantai-Ki'RK
    (Larry D. French, Sr.)
    XO, USS Inferno Science Fiction Club
    CO, ICV Heghnach
    Jedi Council Member, Intimidator Jedi Knights
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.