main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Welcome Orange County Star Wars Society!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Welcome to our forums!

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greetings!

Name: Shawn
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, collecting, RPG. and I LOVE the NJO
    Non-SW Related Interests: baseball, football, any sci-fi and Fantasy.
    How did you get started on SW: I have been a Star Wars addict since I was 6yrs old. I grew up on the OT and was at an age where Chewie scared me the first time he howled on the big screen (drive-in). I can remember seeing ESB over and over again too many times to count. I think i had almost every toy one could think of as a kid that was related to Star Wars.

I have family in the NY/NJ area. I'll have to go to the address book to see exactly where, but I am hoping to make a trip to the area in the next year or 2 as my Aunt has invited us out for a visit.

3. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    EDIT: Darn Double Posts!

4. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Congrats on pairing off you guys!

Now if only Jersey can get someone too..

5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Are any of you going to be coming out this way for Comic-Con in San Diego on July 17-20th?

6. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    howdy folks,

dustin here from the OCSWS, it's good to meet you guys!

hey billy, my wife and i have been known to hit the doll hut for some local rockabilly shows and a rumble at the galaxy or two.... just got done seeing the blasters at hootenanny last weekend :)

oh well, talk to you guys later

--dustin brewer, OCSWS

7. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey Shawn and Justin!

I unfortunately can't afford to go out to ComicCon. I'm a poor college student. Maybe next year. :)

Did Billy post anything on this thread? If so where did his post go? ?[face_plain]

8. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    That's what I was wondering. I'm Anthony, and I'm also a member of the OCFF. I look forward to chatting with you. Just don't ask me my preference in Rebellion vs. Empire.

9. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Why is that Anthony? We have very insightful and deep discussions that take place when we do that. ;)

EDIT:

Billy posted on ours :D

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Dana, I posted my profile in the welcome thread on the OCSWS board. Thats how Dustin knew me.
    Hey Dustin. Thats cool. I knew someone in your club would know the Blasters right off. If you want to ever know what the Blasters are doing check out my web site BlastersNewsletter.com.
    Yeah the Doll Hut is one cool place. Do you drink that Pabst Blue Ribbon on tap? I love that stuff. --Billy

11. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Aha! I thought maybe your post dissapeared. They've been doing that a lot tonight. Ask Mike about his posts. :p

So Rebellion or Empire? :p

12. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Oops. Didn't properly introduce myself:

Name: Anthony
    SW Related Interests: SW Films, some collecting, and Video Gaming.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Anime, Final Fantasy, Industrial/Dark-Wave clubs, wanton acts of mischief.
    How did you get started on SW: I was born.

13. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Name: Dana
    SW Related Interests: Costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Reading
    How did you get started on SW: "Hello my name is Dana and I've been a Star Wars addict since I was 20. In that short year I've become a member of 2 Star Wars fanclubs (technically one, SWNYC, I am kind of an unofficial member of The Rebel Legion, I haven't joined yet) and founded one club (Docking Bay 516). I always thought I saw Star Wars when I was younger. I asked my Mom once "did I ever see Star Wars?" and she said "yes. You used to watch it all the time when you were little" It wasn't until I rented Star Wars when I was 20 that I realized that my Mom thought either Ewok Adventures or Spaceballs. I became obsessed with Star Wars as soon as I saw it. I saw the entire OT within two weeks. I loved the OT so much that I waited until right before AOTC to see TPM. I made my first costume for the midnight showing of AOTC (ANH Leia). (Yes, after being a fan less than 2 months I waited on the Line here in NY for AOTC.)

14. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Hey everyone out in Long Island, I'm Barry and I'm also a member of OCSWS.

Name: Barry
    SW Related interests: Collecting, costuming, RPG, computer gaming, the novels. You name it, I love it.
    Non-SW related interests: LOTR, X-Files, CSI, Buffy and Angel, John Doe (cancelled :(). I also like just about all facets of history and I am totally into computers.
    How did you get started on star wars: Hmm, my parents took me to all the movies, but I only really remember Jedi. I collected a lot of the figures, but didn't really get REALLY into it until I found the Dark Empire series around 1993. Now I can't get enough :)

15. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    YAY, another Buffy and Angel fan!

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

OMG...Shawn...you scared me for a minute.

I saw my name...and age and likes...and thought that it was almost me. :p

And then I saw that you love the NJO. Thanks man...er, um, wait...you mean the New Jedi Order...and not New Jersey Order, right?? :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey all you happy people!
    Name: I'm just James
    SW Related Interests: LEGO!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Uh, LEGO, reading movies, Muppets, and birds.
    How did you get started on SW: My Dad and my cousin Dennis conspired to get me hooked, been a fan ever since I was a kid. Even after I realized I could never have my own AT-AT.

We look forward to talking/typing to all you of you. Don't be suprised if you see us on your boards. We'll try not to brag about the weather!

18. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Shawn I thought the same thing when I saw it. I even IMed Mike and asked him when you moved to California. :p

I hope everyone posts a lot. You guys should feel free to post whenever you want. The program wouldn't work if nobody posted.

19. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Yep, another Buffy/Angel fan. Maybe I'll see you in the Buffy or Angel threads in the JCC.

20. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I rarely post in the JCC.

21. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Hey everyone!

Name: Britt ('Boba Britt')
    SW Related Interests: Boba Fett (http://www.bobafettmp.com), Collecting, and way too much else to type :p
    Non-SW Related Interests: AIRCRAFT!!! (http://www.warbirds.n3.net), World War 2, movies :-D
    How did you get started on SW: Long time ago, in a galaxy.... Okay, bad joke. Started out when I was young, loved watching ESB. But I didn't really catch on till the late 90s. Since, then been an avid fan.

I'm the webmaster guy over at the OCSWS. Nice to meet you all!

22. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Welcome Britt! I love the website Its so cool!

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    pssst, don't ask Brit anything about Boba Fett or airplanes unless you have a lot of free time.

Just kidding Britt! :p Sort of

24. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey all you guys from OCSWS, you sound pretty cool and we'll have to eventually meet up at some point. Always let us know if your coming east and we'll make your visit a Star War-sy one.
    And then you'll see that these NJO guys are wild ones. Hey NJO dudes, when are we getting together again? It's been way too quiet lately. --Billy

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I think we would all have a ton of fun together. We will all have to meet sometime down the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.