main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Welcome Orange County Star Wars Society!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Welcome! So far everything is tentative, but we're going to go out to the lighthouse and take a picture or two and have our meeting. Then we'll probably act like tourists. It should be tons of fun! Keep checking www.db516.com for more information.

We're not always talking about SW here. We all love different sci-fi shows and movies (from Buffy to LOTR) so feel free to discuss whatever sci-fi you want. Which ones do you like?

How did you find our forums?

2. coold1

coold1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2003
    Hey, I like LOTR's somewhat (I enjoyed both movies so far), I like movies like "Signs", "The Mothman Prophecies" and "The Ring". Like Sci-fi/horror-thriller/supernatural. I even saw "A.I." recently and I thought that was pretty cool.

I found you by searching the net for forums about Star Wars.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    The Mothman Prophercies rocks. I love that movie...One of the few films where Richard Gere doesn't blow!

4. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Hi Dave... welcome to our board!

We'll be making arrangements for the Montauk trip soon. A lot of us (myself included) have been busy getting ready for Dragon*Con, and so have been a little... distracted. ;) But by next week we will probably start talking about plans for the September events.

5. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    AI is pretty good. It always makes me cry. :(

And some of ys aren't going to Dragon*con. Not that I'm bitter or anything. :(

6. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Heck. I'm bitter. I hope everyone has a lousy time if they're leaving me behind like that. ;) Just kidding. Have a great time...bring me back a fan girl. ;)

Mike

7. coold1

coold1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2003
    yes "The Mothman Prophecies" was a very cool movie.

"A.I." was cool too although i don't think it was great. I think it lacked strong story line and was too much like a too-perfect, sentimental fantasimical Disney film for kids. Other than that criticism, I enjoyed it.

As for conventions, I am not really that into them unless its something I really enjoy.

Anyway, don't be bitter you can't go to everything, its not possible.

Thanks for welcoming me and I look forward to hearing about the trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.