main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Welcome Our Sister City!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    We made a connection with another Fan Force... far, far away (okay only a few states but, anyways...)

I wanted to start this thread as a discussion area where those from our Sister City can come and intro themselves and what not...

But enough of my dilly dalling... here we are Mos Alba's Sister City is:

San Diego Star Wars Society

Located in Sunny Southern California and about a 12 hour drive...

Please take the time to go and visit their message board: http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10143

If you have any questions let me know!

Varza

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    [face_laugh]

nice! you guys should consider shooting down to SD with us from phoenix for ComiCon!

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I guess that I need to link to them on the website now....

Mos Alba

-lor

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    if you have the time...

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah! San Diego rocks!

I was planning to go to ComicCon, but unfortunately can't afford it now. Sigh. Definitely a cool place tho.

6. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    You couldent find anything closer?

7. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Greetings from San Diego.

Nice to meet our sister chapter. If any of you do make it to Comic-Con, be sure to drop by our booth. And with that particular convention being so popular, you can count on it for a yearly event. So if not this year, then maybe next year. :D

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Greetings Albuquerque!

I have started a similar welcome thread on our forum for you guys which you can find here:

San Diego Welcome Thread

On that thread I have asked that you fill out a short survery to help us to get to know you better. The San Diego people will fill out a similar survey on this thread. I'll start:

Name: Linda
    SW Related Interests:Collecting, Expanded Universe, 501st/Rebel Legion
    Non-SW Related Interests: Movies, Computers, Travel, Flying (small planes), Nelson DeMille Novels
    Anything else you'd like to share:

As it says above, my name is Linda, and I am the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. I have been a Star Wars fan since May of 1977 and my passion for SW seems to grow more and more each year. I am a single parent of 3 children, Leia is 14, Lauren is 11, and Collin is 8. I Collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have Jedi Robes, stormtrooper and sandtrooper armor, a Royal Guard Costume, X-Wing costume, Boba Fett costume, and am working on a Rebel Fleet Trooper costume as well.

Possible Future Meet-up
    I have a three story home in Cloudcroft New Mexico (8,750 ft elevation), which is a 4 hour drive for those of you in Albuquerque, and a 11-12 hour drive for us in San Diego. The house is in the Lincoln National forest and is on two acres of land. The home is large enough to host large groups of people and isn't being used. I go to New Mexico several times a year to check up on the house anyway, so I have no problem driving a group from my club out there if in the future the club wants to take a vacation out there and meet up with the Albuquerque group. Nearby attractions include a Ski Resort 5 minutes away, White Sands (Great place to film a fanfilm), Carlsbad Caverns (Another great place), Valley of Fires, among others. We could even invite the Phoenix and Tucson FF chapters to join us as it is only a 5 1/2 - 6 hour drive for them, and an 8 hour drive for the Denver FF people. Keep this idea in the back of your mind.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Our club has made a fanfilm. The website for our fanfilm is below. The trailer is available for download in the multimedia section. The fanfilm was filmed in the same location where they filmed the Jabba's sail barge scene for ROTJ.

Shadows In The Sand

10. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Howdy, sister chapterians. I'm another SD member.

Armand
    35 (not as old as Linda)
    Menifee, Kalifornia

I've only been a SW wannabe geek since November or so. I have a Tusken and a custom Mandalore. Don't speak to me of jedi(ptooey)heh heh heh.

I also collect (and everything else concerned with the hobby) 1:32, 1:18, and 1:6 scale figures. Aaaand, I am heavily into historical research and the lifestyle of the pre-1840 Mountain Men.

Come out and see us. I'm sure we'll show up there, too.

11. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Hello from America's Finest City

Name: Michael Davis
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, Movies, recently started reading the EU books.
    Non-SW Related Interests:DVDs, Computers, WWII stuff, movie Robot building (B9 & R2)

Single dad with 10 year old daughter.

Saw Star Wars for the first time on May 24th, 1977 (at a radio station promo preview), cut school the next day and watched it six times on opening day and recorded the sound on a small Panasonic cassette deck.

I figure Episode 3 is the last movie so I intend to go out with a bang not a wimper. I am scheming to figure out something really spectacular to do for the opening.

Was present at several days of shooting of ROTJ when they were at Buttercup Valley. (Linda hates me for this)

12. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Name: Matt
    SW Related Interests: PC Gaming, Costuming, Fan Force
    Non-SW Related Interests: Movies, Computers, Anime

I'm Matt, the San Diego Star Wars Society historian. I've really gotten into costuming as of late, and just finished a Royal Guard. I'd say I spend a large part of my time (that not devoted to school or work) on our FF boards and other SW-related sites. Been with the SDSWS since about April or May of 2002, and have had a blast!

13. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Gee, I guess I jumped the gun. Here's the "official" info:

Name: Donna
    SW Related Interests: Watching the movies, reading what books I can, a little collecting (mostly vintage), and costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: Science Fiction in general, Star Trek, Harry Potter (books and movies), behind the scenes of movie-making, multimedia
    Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a work-at-home mom who is a computer/internet/multimedia consultant. I am married with two sons, "Obi"-Sean age 8 and "Darth" Mitchell age 4. Secretary of the San Diego Star Wars Society and member of the Order of the Grey.

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome San Diegoians!

We look forward to meeting up with our Sister City Chapter! Come on out for some fun sometime....the area Linda spoke of down there in Lincoln county is Beautiful and full of history! My Wife and 2 step-daughters went down that way last weekend to go camping. We went to the White Sands National Park, Carlsbad Caverns and even went to the Alien/UFO Festival in Roswell. We also stopped off in Lincoln and check out all of the Billy the Kid historical stuff there!

If you do come out....can someone bring me a "IN AND OUT" Burger? I am craving one of those bad boys! :D

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    If you do come out....can someone bring me a "IN AND OUT" Burger? I am craving one of those bad boys!

[face_laugh] I am sure something can be arranged. ;)

16. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Name: Donny
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, Fanfilms
    Non-SW Related Interests: Graphic Design, filmmaking, football
    Currently working on the fanfilm our FanForce made, also working on a Jango costume and a custom mandalorian costume.

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay finally made it back here...

Welcome Everyone! Please make yourself at home and I hope we can have some great discussions. I introd myself on your board and all I can say if I would defiantly be up for an outting to Cloudcroft and amaybe a Fan Film with our 2 groups. I am off to find out some more about you all on your board!

18. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Wow I missed all this!! Hi Everyone!!!

19. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome to all of you from the San Diego Star Wars Society! Sounds like a great idea getting together in Cloudcroft some day.
    I really wanted to go to Comic-Con, but then my husband got laid off and the money went bye-bye. Maybe next year

Donna

20. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Hey! Another Donna!

I know what you mean about the $$ thing. I went to Comic-Con but I was working (if you can really call it working ;) )

Definitely want to meet up in Cloudcroft; I've heard a lot about our Supreme Chancellor's house there and I'm dying to see it.

Donna (Grey Jedi)
    SDSWS Secretary

21. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Hi!!! I posted in the SD thread but um....yea I wanted to say Hi again!

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey everyone... sign the petition to hold Celebration 3 in San Diego. It looks like it might be going to Chicago...but hey, it can't hurt right?

Celebration 3 in San Diego Petition

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thanks MJF!

24. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    bumping up...

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I just put a link to our forum in your header this morning. Now it will be easy to go back and forth between the two forums. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.