main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Santa Cruz Fan Force!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by JediRacer, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Congratulations on becoming an official Fan Force!!
    Master_Kenobi is your CR.. Congrats Master_Kenobi!

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Thank you, JediRacer, woo hoo, now the surf side of the force has a place to hang ten!

Welcome one and all! Our pre launch event was at Baycon, we had a great time, and made our presence well known with the banner and our manner (oh, gawd, I'm rhyming, won't happen again).

Of course, the Sith was outnumbered three to one, but hey, I'm used to those odds.

Also saw my face on the "big screen" in I.M.P.S. too, so I'm totally jazzed!

Made some great connections too, looks like I might finally be getting my TIE uniform going soon.

As far as local events, nothing is planned yet, but we're pretty flexible and tend to do things on the fly, so check in with us folks, we'll let you know what is on the burner.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DLS

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Yup we are here and ready to get down with the Force and hang ten catching the wave!

So grab your boards and sabers and be prepared to rock with the "Irreverent Side of the Force!"

"Party on Emperor!"
    "Party on Master Jedi!"

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    congratulations on your new venture, and may the force be with you!

and remember... we're all in this to *have fun*

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    We're nothing BUT fun, heh.

6. Beara

Beara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Spamming the boards is not allowed.

Leona

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool! I had no idea that a Santa Cruz FF was in the works. I'm over in San Jose now, but I lived in Santa Cruz for seven years and often go back over the hill to visit friends, go hiking, or just to hang out. I'll definitely keep on eye on your boards to see what sorts of things you guys end up doing. It would be fun to meet more SW people over in Santa Cruz!

8. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Er...who was spamming?

Wow, a Santa Cruz Fan Force! Darn, and I don't live in Santa Cruz anymore!!!!

:)

- Kai

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Kai, like I do? (Live in Santa Cruz that is).

Lots of online meetings and just having fun. Hmm. seems like a trip to the Boardwalk needs to be arranged....

Your SCFF Council at "work!" :)

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I still know lots of good places to eat in SC. Yeah, I think we should have a field trip. Of course, you're the ones who'd have to drive the long way for it. It's only an hour and a little from my home base.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I would be SO there for a trip to the Boardwalk! :D

I used to know several places to eat in Santa Cruz, but after being out of state for a few years I came back and found several of them closed... very strange feeling.

Out of curiosity, how many people are around here (SCFF) so far, and how many are living in the general area?

12. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Mucho congratulations.

13. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm about an hour and 15 minutes from Santa Cruz, myself. So I guess I'm sort of a long-distance member?

Ok, ok. I just go to the boards where the cool people are and try to engage them in conversation. You caught me.

:)

- Kai

14. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    About 50% of the membership so far is out of the area, so no problem. We'll sometimes have split meetings or events I suspect.

As for us, we're about 20 min from Santa Cruz and 50 min from San Jose. Two of us went to Scotts Valley for the opening, tiny theater and the crowd control was awful, they just did not know how to handle more than 5 people who wanted to see the film, heh.

Soooo, as far as events, the next big one is the multi-group trip to Disneyland for the "You should really have Star Wars Days Here" show of support. Basically, we're going in Star Wars apparal to show how many of the devout would show if they had a west coast SW days like WDW. It will be on Saturday, June 25th.

The next event is Comic Con, but I'm not sure who will be attending that one, we're getting run into the ground with CIII, Baycon, DLand, and need to take a bit of time off (vacation from our vacation).

We haven't discussed the July 4th weekend either.

Silicon is in October, same place as Baycon, much smaller but at least it's media orientated. We'll have to think about that one, maybe we'll show up for a day, it's a bit far off to calculate that one in yet.

And I've yet to hear if I was accepted into the 501st yet, so I'm not sure what of those events I might be invited to as well.

If you have heard of any events or things going on locally or that are a must see, please let us know as well.

DLS00

15. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I plan to be at Disneyland for the event. Hey, speaking of which...what are everybody's plans, hotel-wise, or otherwise? Perhaps we could coordinate? Or has that already happened and I missed the shuttle?

I think I WILL be going to Comic-Con, which I hadn't expected. Anything Star Wars-related I should know about? This is a last-minute decision, so I'm still feeling a bit discombobulated by it!

Silicon--never been, but could be persuaded to go.

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Yow, if you plan on going to Dland, get a hotel NOW, they are in the 50th anniversary celebration and rooms were scarce months ago. Check the hotels/motels on Harbor, they are within walking distance of the gate, maybe they had a cancelation you can grab. If you get close to the gate you don't have to deal with a parking (or a car at all if you fly in, you can take the shuttle).

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. Pth. Well...maybe if I can't get a room I can see if my cousin can put me up for the night. It'd be a bit of a drive, but I can probably manage it.

This is NOT a mooch, plea--I will find a way to be there, no matter what--but if anybody IS strapped for cash and wants a roomie to split costs with on this board, let me know?

18. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Sounds like we have some planning to do! Okay Siddie, you have your work cut out for you... :p

Could turn out to be one of the best things we have done in a long time!

lalala, PARTY TIME, Let's get moving on the Party Line... lalala ..... (singing and dancing around the room - glad no one is watching... :p )

19. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Anybody? Hotel sharing? Yes? No? Anyone care for a mint?

;)

Seriously, if any of you DO want to share a hotel and defray costs, please let me know ASAP, as I will need to hustle my little Jedi butt to get accomodations otherwise. Not YOUR problem, I know, but it'd help me greatly to know yea or nay on the concept.

Thanks! :)

- Kai, the Ill-Planned but Determined

20. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Sorry, we are already sharing and at full capacity. If you have AAA, have their travel agency find you a room, it's a free service and they are pretty good with tracking down hard to find accomodations.

If nothing else, you might find a hotel further away and get a free shuttle ride to the park.

Best of luck,

DLS

21. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Okie dokie! Thanks for letting me know! I'll continue exploring my other options. :)

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You mean Tulare wasn't a fan force? :confused:

Anywhos, congrats, guys. See some of you at Emmie's premiere, see others at Disneyland! :D

23. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Yes, Tulare was and still is a Fan Force.

Congratulations. I wish you all the best and lots of fun.

Surf's up.

Golda

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Miana, the Force moves in mysterious ways.. which led Josie (Siri) and I to go with the Santa Cruz FF. So come on over to the Irreverant Side of the Force!

Force's Up, Dudes!

[face_peace]

25. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Congratulations on becoming an official Fan Force!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.