main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Welcome - the introduction thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I am not sure I can be called new. I have been here about two years now really (mostly the introduction with a twist thread). Funny thing is no one knows me. Do i really exist??? Or am I just a figment of you imagination?? MWHAHAHAHA.

Actually according to the bank i do exist becaue they just LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE taking my money. I guess you could call it a love hate relationship. The world loves my money, While I hatethe world. :D

2. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey there,

I am Robin and I work in and around the film industry in Toronto. Some of you have had the pleasure of suffering through a couple of my films that I wrote and directed. I am also a storyboard artist, check out my work at www.the-board-room.com.

I was in the line from the pizza hut meeting on and was the guy who swung us FREE PEPSI and organized everyone on the night of the premiere.

There is little else to know about me except that I am king of the wicker people.

Robin T.

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well; My name`s Wil. I frequent the movie boards for the most part and stumbled across this "Toronto" branch a while ago.

Read some posts, listened to city gosip and so forth.

I`ve heard of your gaming activities, movie outings, meeting at Toronto Trek and all that.

Problem is I never really had the time to get to know you all.

Would like to.

I`m 27, and work for Bell Canada. I like writing as a hobby, and enjoy the occassional outing with those that share my interests.

I also go on the boards as Darth_Sunder.

One for my spare time at work, the other at play.

I`m thinking about seeking you folks out at the Shepperd centre on the 16th. And I`d definitely enjoy meeting you all for the May 16th opening...

Anyone here RPG with the "Wizards" Star Wars roleplaying game?

4. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    And Here is my "off work" persona...

(Always two there are...)

5. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I AM PSYCHO!

Forgot to mention I'm one (if not the only) member to avery join in the RW before the boards. :p
    Joined back at Toronto Trek.

AND I AM PSYCHO!!! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!!!

I think.

6. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey All!! ^_^ *hears groans from the Toronto gang*

I'm Stef from the Niagara board, but I post here sometimes.. Haven't in a while tho. . . I like the Toronto guys, *haven't met most of the girls* And can't wait to see you all again!!

Oh ya.. And I also know Duker's real name... ^_~

Shaden *^_^*

7. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I can vouch for the poor psychiatric state of Duker's mind. When he first met us, we showed him the Star Wars holiday special.
    And he still came back!

Proof positive he's crazy as a soup sandwich?
    You be the judge.

8. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Jacquie: I'd always wondered what your net name meant - but being completely illeterate in French...
    Dandelion is the name of one of my favourite films - although most people know it by the Japanese name, Tampopo.

9. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Tampopo - isn't that a movie about a Trucker and his food??

I've heard of it but never seen it.

10. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    Hiyas! I've been registered for 2 years and only discovered this Fanforce stuff now, talk about being oblivious.

From what I've gathered, you're a bunch of star wars fanatics who are crazy enough to qualify for the Han Solo' asteroid run award. Cool, I want in. =)

My name is Andrew, but to differentiate from the other guy just call me Andy. I'm a first year down at Ryerson, anyone else?

11. DrewDogg

DrewDogg Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Yep, thats a good idea. I'm Andrew, your Andy.

12. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I wasn't apart of the original line up. I stumbled on to the board at Toronto Line and them ventured on to the boards here.
    The rest is history, albeit a little short. ;)

I'm currently enrolled at CCBC (Canadian College of Business and Computers) taking a graphics/web design course. I also took Java programming a couple of months earlier.
    I work full time after school at Seneca College in the security department and part time on weekends at the Skydome.

I read, play inline hockey, aggressive skate, play online games, work out, attempt to eat healthy, and sleep whenever humanly possible.

I'm 21, single and will someday rule...something. :D

13. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Ken - yeah, Tampopo is the Japanese noodle western. A great, great film and worth the renting. Just be sure that when you watch it, there is a half decent noodle shop to go to afterward. Instant noodles or cuposoup just won't cut it.

Andy - nice to meet you. We started to run into the same multiple name problem back with the line of '99. That's why I just stuck with my net name.

14. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    Well I don't really care what name to go by, I answer to "Hey you!" as well.

Since I stumbled in here just in time to see the latest meeting go bye, any idea on when the next one is? Id sure love to meet up with some fellow SW freaks.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello all, for the new folks that have posted in the last 2 months or so, I am
    Crazy Mike. I am a married 36 going on 37 ( year old (around the time of EPII) and have been a Star Wars fan since the first movie came out. I was the oldest one of the group that lined up at the York to see EPI. I am a collector of pretty well everything that is Star Wars !!!!

16. Somersfilm

Somersfilm Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    Hi everyone. The name's Curtis. Been a Star Wars junkie since I saw the first film at Toronto's York cinema back in the summer of '77 . I also returned to the York to see the midnight premiere of Ep:1 back in May '99. Hope to see everyone again this May when Ep:II opens !

17. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Star Wars holiday special... must not recall....
    I'LL KILL YOU FOR REMINDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! Or so I hope. No offence shmi, I'll wait till after your married to him that way you inherit all his stuff. LOL

18. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Tragic: Well, if you were curious, you could've just asked, ya know:)

I've heard of Tampopo but i've never seen it...

"Dandelions" happens to be the title of one of my fave songs :D

19. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    I've been around the forums since the Counting-Down days. I was brought over by "a third party who shall not be named".

I didn't join the line per say (I live in Ottawa), but followed the stories online, through ICQ.

I occasionally show up at the movie and gatherings. I seemingly only run into Grand Poobah and Krax when we're all in Toronto.

I "run" the Canadian Garrison of the 501st Legion: http://www.501st.ca . And when I'm not serving the emperor in glorious and uncomfortable, white armour... I program in JAVA for Catena Networks.

I'm actually francophone and "Pissenlit" is of course Dandelions. ;)

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    *bump*

Now is a great time to introduce yourself, if you've been lurking for awhile or just stumbled upon this place.

21. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    *Presents black bottle of Kentucy burbon*

I`d like you all to meet my friend Mr. Daniels.

Call him Jack.

*Regards near empty bottle*

Unfortunately Jack`s a tad spent right now. But fear not;

Jack will be back-

*Lifts bottle to ear*

What was that Jack?

You wanna see the movie too?

Well, I don`t know., We`ll discuss it another time...

22. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    heheh, that reminds me of a story.

23. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh boy here we go again

24. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    Hey wow... look at this thread.

O.k. I'm Steve... well my nickname is SLam (it should be easy to figure out if you know my name, notice the two capital letters). I'm also known as TK878 or TB878.

Hmmm... well I'm not part of the lineup gang, however I hang out with them every so often. I think I met the lineup gang at one of Crazy Mike's parties back in 1999 ?[face_plain]. At cons you'll usually see me hanging around Kenobi, TD741, and Avatar dressed as a Stormtrooper or some other sort of Imperial baddie.

I'm also a collector of odd things. I usually try going for things that most people don't collect. For example you can check out my Star Wars Episode 1 Can collection.

I live in Thornhill (for now), but work out in Burlington commuting 78 km one-way to a company called Evertz Microsystems. I design digital hardware and some software for audio/video processing, mostly with HD signals. My day is filled with looking at signals that last for nanoseconds. Lucasfilm is actually one of our customers :D, and my boss tortures me by phoning me from inside Skywalker Ranch when he goes down for meetings :_|.

Satanicly possessed children, and food with sesame products scare me.

If you're wondering about the number of edits, I'm notorious for typos, and usually don't proof read what I type before I post it.

Later,
    SLam

25. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/orangeside.jpg]

Hi I'm shmi, I went to the Star Wars Celebration in Denver last time and came back to find a picture in the newspaper about a bunch of local people lining up for a week to see the movie.

So after recouped from the celebration I decided that I would go down on Saturday and maybe stay a "shift" of maybe four hours.

I stayed for twelve.

I met Tragiclad that day. I am looking forward to the second lineup because Star Wars, sleep deprival and exhaustion makes for making of good friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.