main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to Baseball Heaven: The St. Louis Cardinals Appericiation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by chiss_man, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    7 Central Division Titles (1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006)
    17 National League Pennants (1926, 1928, 1930, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1968, 1982, 1985, 1987, 2004, 2006)
    10 World Championships (1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, 2006

The list of legendary players from this illustrious team is staggering in it's collective greatness. From Dizzy Dean to Stan "The Man" Musial to Bob Gibson to Lou Brock to Ozzie Smith and now Albert Pujols, the Cardinals have had a consistent history of greatness. This is the thread for all those who love us (and maybe those who hate us, I see you there Amos!) to share stories, news and thoughts on our beloved Cardinals. LETS GO REDBIRDS! [face_dancing]

EDIT: Apparently I can't speeeeel (although I made that mistake countless times before with the word "appericiation" that I never noticed).

2. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    Apperication

lol

anyway, good job by the cards this year. I'm so glad the AL didn't win it!

3. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *pat pat* you'd be better if this site came with spell-check :p

either way, it was just a matter of time till you discovered this place.

4. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I forgot ONE letter ok! :oops:

5. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    yes, but it's so fun to tease you ^^

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Actually, you also have an extra letter as well, thats still in it ;)

But anyways, I'm not a huge Cards fan, although my Dad grew up as a Cardinals fan (and still is, when he follows baseball), and I like the team better than most. And I was definitely happy to see the NL win the WS this year, about time.

7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Gotta say the Cardinals suprised me this year, after that horrendous end to the regular season the WS seemed out of reach but they pulled it off.

8. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
  9. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Cardinals Resign Mark Mulder to 2 Year Deal

I approve very much so. I'm a big believer in Mulder's ability and his potential to recapture his Oakland form. And if he's anywhere near that level, the price is a steal in today's market.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wondered how long that would take. I suspected he would return, but it certainly took a while, didn't it?

11. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    To rub it in all of your faces: remember the 2002 NL Championship Series? [face_laugh]

Oh, and I bet if Mulder doesn't suck, he'll be such a better acquisition (yeah, I know, it's a re-signing) than the Giants and Barry Zito.

12. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Espicially at the price. If he's anywhere near Oakland level then he's an absolute steal, and we have an option for that third year too. :cool:

13. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    You're talking as if he was just signed from Oakland: he's had two up and down years in the NL: he's gonna have to work to find some semblance of consistency (just like Hudson, actually - maybe there is something to be said about their relationship with Rick Pederson...).

14. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm going on the assumption that the last two years were hampered by his shoulder problem. If he continues to struggle this season then it is a bust, but with the market as insane as it is now, this is a chance that I believe is very well worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.