main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to FanForce Finland!

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Welcome all visitors and tourists throughout the JC.

This is a place where you can discuss about nearly everything, but please do it in English. The FF Finland forum needs people to cheer it up. Thanks to WhiteHorse from the idea!

If there are icon makers or banner designers out there, please make some cool icons and banners to us. That way we can have a new look to this forum and also cool icons for us Finns!

edit/ title on request

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    FF Finland banner: the more Palpatine the better!

3. TK-46_Duke

TK-46_Duke Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2002
    We have reguested for banner and it was rejected, because there is no FF Finland.

4. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
  5. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hello! :)

I'm from Portugal. Don't know much about your country, but love a Finnish band (Nightwish). :) Would love to visit your country sometime as from what little I know, it strikes me as being a beautiful country. :)

Cheers! :)

6. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I would recommend that every foreigner who wants to learn more about Finland checks out this website : Virtual Finland. There you find all the information about Finland you need to know, and a lot of information you wouldn't even want to know.

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hello all together! :)

I am from Germany and I heard about this thread from ISD. ;) I was two or three times in Finnland, always at one of the thousends sees. And I may say Finnland is a really nice country! :D
    And I love kalakuko (spell?). [face_love] :D

8. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    Just been browsing that site... You have such a beautiful country. Now I *definitly* want to visit it someday. :)

I especially loved the Winter images (I've never seen snow IRL, but I have a weird fascination with it ^^;).
    I've also noticed that you have a strong connection to water; that's something our countries have in common. :)

9. AlmaMavisTaraza

AlmaMavisTaraza Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2002
    greetings and salutations from portugal! :D

*checks out site about Finland*
    wow! gorgeous landscapes! beautiful photos. the real thing must be 100 times better :)
    and the cute furry animals are wonderful too ;)
    i wish Portugal was as commited to the environment as Finland :_|
    Finland is on my "must visit" list now :)
    and i *must* try Runebergin tortut and Sima! :D
    they look simply delicious [face_love]

10. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    It's nice to hear that you like our country. [face_blush]

Yes, the water. Finland, The Land of Thousand Lakes. I love the summertime here, besides working almost all the summer I still have some time to play beach volley and have a swim in the lake near to where I live.

11. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hello. :)
    Nice to see the original idea is spreading to other FF's. :) Congrats. :)

I haven't seen the site yet but Finland already is listed as one of the countries i would like to visit, also due to what already was spoken in our FF welcome board.

Portugal also has very nice places.. I sometimes get stunned by images that i see on tv documentarys about Portugal and it's islands. I still have to explore better my country, the more hidden and yet beautifull places. I will try to find/show you a site for your seeing (about portugal).

About icon making, Darkwoman and myself are JC Icon Makers. I also did the banner for the FF Portugal. (the first and only one i ever made). I could try to help you, but if you are not an official FF yet, you can't use a icon neither a banner... Or so I believe. You must make 3 official (anounced on JC) FF Finland meetings, so that you become oficial. Only then will you be able to have a icon and banner.

Lots of hugs, nice to see FF Finland and FF Portugal are creating bows/ties of friendship. :)

Tiago

12. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    I'm so used to this landscape, so maybe I don't appreciate it as much as I should.
    "and the cute furry animals"
    Yes, I have a family of squirrels living in the tree that grows next to my house. Funny little buggers.
    And a rabbit, too, which doesn't live in the tree but somewhere nearby. Maybe in the forest.

13. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Ah, the furry little animals. I have a black cat called Jesse. And of course some hedgehogs, rabbits etc. can be seen where I live.

BTW to get the banner and the icons we need three announced meetings. So why don't we just gather some people and have meetings?

Here's the quote.
    "The own design is a treat to encourage forums to get official. So unfortunately Finland can't have it's own design until you have had three announced meetings."

14. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    squirrels, hedgehogs, and rabbits? awww :)
    all we have around here are sparrows...and they're feathery, not furry :p
    there's the neighbours above, below and to the side...but they're not particularly cute (although some are furry :p). i wish i had a house with a backyard and a little garden :)
    of course, the more you distance yourself from the city, the more animals you see! :D
    specially the ones that drive :eek:
    but that's another matter ;)

15. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "specially the ones that drive "
    Whatthe?

16. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    you know, the ones doing 240 km/h or more.... ;)

17. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Ach, Jaguars.
    Or? :confused:

Thunder-Cougar-Falcon-Bird!

18. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    I think Alma was referring to the irresponsible people that drive too fast. ;) But calling those 'animals' is a bit of an insult for the real animais out there. :p

We have one of europe's worst (if not *the* wrost) road accident statistics. People just drive so irresponsibly here... *sigh*

Anyway... I'd love to have more nature and fuzzy animals arround here. :) You guys are so lucky. :)
    I live in the capital most of the time and all I see are buildings and pidgeons. :eek:

19. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Here's one sadly rare cute furry animal we still have in Finland.

[image=http://www.wwf.fi/www/uploads/images/liitoorava.jpg]

I have no idea idea what this flying squirrel is called in english but in latin it's Pteromys Volans.

EU has been quite interested in protecting these funny looking creatures and I very much hope these squirrels will survive. I would love to see one in nature.

20. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    jaguars? not many. BMWs, Mercedes, Audis.... :D
    but darkwoman is right, i'd be insulting the cute furry animals ;)
    that little squirrel looks a bit odd, but cute. and it has as much right to life as any other animal. i'm glad people are interested in helping the little guys out :)
    i wonder if animals look at us and think we look funny....i know my birds sometimes give me strange "what the hell???" looks [face_laugh]
    oh, i remembered something! near my house there are some undeveloped lands, and sometimes i can see a flock of these slender, snow white birds with long beaks. they're so beautiful! i don't know their name in english, though :_|
    they look more or less like this:
    [image=http://www.jbrj.gov.br/images/garca.jpg]
    there used to be a guy with a flock of sheep and goats and they would eat the grass and plants...but since the subway station construction started, no more sheep :(
    it felt like living in the countryside ;)

21. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "I have no idea idea what this flying squirrel is called in english"
    The flying squirrel, perhaps?
    No idea, just kidding. ;)

22. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    Oh! All this talk about furry animais... and I just recalled that on my non-city house's area I've seen a couple of rabbits running arround.

But they built a few more builings and I haven't seen bunnies fro about 2 years or so... Still, it was funny to see them hop arround all brown and camuflaged and then the white beneath the tail showing each time they hopped. :p

23. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    We had a couple of strange birds running around here (I forgot their name). They made strange sounds.

24. TK-46_Duke

TK-46_Duke Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2002
    BTW to get the banner and the icons we need three announced meetings. So why don't we just gather some people and have meetings?

Pilvikaupunki has already had 7 annouced meetings and still we wasn't able to get FF Finland status...

25. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Strange... Do you have any idea why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.