Welcome to FanForce Finland!

Discussion in 'Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Kendra, it's just that my French totally suck, or it's even worse actually.

Anyway, the poetic Edda was written in Icelandic, I just have it in Swedish I love to read it from time to time.
  2. Kendra Jedi Master

star 4
    no problem... but how can I communicate, would you mind talk to a lost little jedi ? ;) even French (and who will try to speak a correct English)
  3. KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master

star 4
    Kendra,dont worry I dont either speak correct english and someones have to allways tell me about that.

Nice to meet you,I'm Kyp. :)
  4. Baltic_herring Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have to admit, I never had read Edda. Naturally I do know that saga, but actual original poetic version of it is unknown to me. I wonder when hollywood makes a film about Asgard, Loki and Thor? Yankees do know all of them as an comic characters. What a pity...
    They already snapped asgardians (<- don't know the right plural form) into Stargate tv-serie.
  5. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Kendra, don't worry about your English, it's way better than my French. :)

And that, BH, was another reason that I don't want to see Stargate.
  6. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    "it's way better than my French."
    Or mine: Le sacre bleu!
    I have no idea of what that means..
    And most of my few French words come from Tintin-animated cartoons.

What did the people of Asgard do in Stargåte?
  7. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    They were our allies, according to my knowledge. [face_plain]

Obi Anne, have you heard any word about the Twin Chapter thing? Duke has mentioned about the thing but we haven't heard from him for weeks.
  8. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    *walks in this fanforce for his second time after forgetting it the first time*

How are we doing? I hope to drop by more often here and meet many new friends like DW.
  9. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm here. :) I try to be here as much as I can. Mostly I'll be here in the evenings.

What do you think of our banner? The sidebanner will be updated in time, after we will hear about a program called Twin Chapter.
  10. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Good to see you here my friend. how are you?

I like the banner, only a shame that there isnt a eu character on it ;). Or maybe hoth cause finland is cold right? And what for programme is that then?
  11. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    It's about bringing two FanForce forums together. For instance some FanForce from USA and FanForce Finland. This way these two "chapters" would create a friendship and a closer relationship with each other, which other ways would more difficult.

An EU character, do you have anyone in mind? At first we had a Hoth theme, but the place where most of Finnish Star Wars fans meet is called Pilvikaupunki (=Cloud City). So I asked GayLen to combine the colours of Finnish flag (white and blue) with the Cloud City theme. I think that we could create a Hoth scenery again for the winter season, but that would create a problem with the Cloud City.
  12. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    It's about bringing two FanForce forums together. For instance some FanForce from USA and FanForce Finland. This way these two "chapters" would create a friendship and a closer relationship with each other, which other ways would more difficult. I see, like they did with Hoplland and belgium fan force. Merging it into 1.

I shall think of an EU character that fits. My first choise you can guess: Exar kun ;).

hehe nice to know what cloud city is in Finish :). I shall be looking forward to new themes for banners then.
  13. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    Holland's and Belgium's FanForce merged? When this happened?
  14. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    I dont know exact date but not that long ago. Its now BeNelux fanforce.
  15. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, so there's Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg. Interesting. We could do it for Finland and Sweden, but then again we have the FanForce Nordic General Discussion forum. I wonder what Obi Anne thinks about this.
  16. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    I dont know DW. We also did it because Belgium was very quiet.
  17. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    Really? Well FanForce Finland is quite quiet and I'm trying to make this place more active, but it is a hard work. Something like this merging would help.

But how's things in Holland?
  18. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Then i would advize you to try to make it happen a merge with sweden or denmark etc.

Holland is doing fine, the weather was not that warm but good enough.
  19. GabeC Jedi Youngling

star 4
  20. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Another dutchman here :D. We are taking this place over ;) :D.

Just kidding ofcourse.
  21. GabeC Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Hey, i'm not dutch, i'm an American that can speak dutch. ;)

Nice place you guys got here.
  22. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    You are belgium rahan and thats even worse ;).

BTW XS is about to enter. But we know her already right? Would be good to see her here :).
  23. Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Hallo XS *kisses her now that nobody can see it who dont want it* Good seeing you my dear. You mentioned to me about the occult dreams and they came true. How is this?
  25. Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Master

star 4
    i watch an Occult group in the neighborhood forest the dreams are just about what i see.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.