main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Welcome to Fanforce WA

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hi and welcome to Fanforce Western Australia. Come in and make your self at home. You might be asking yourself what is Fanforce and what does the boards have to offer me?

Our main goal here is to have fun. :D Also the main reason that fanforce was set up is to provide fans a chance to meet other SW fans in their local area and share their common interests.

Please make yourselves familiar with the Terms Of Service before posting. By pressing the "post" button you are agreeing to the terms of service, failure to do so could lead to you being banned.

Your Local RSAs (Regional Support Administration) are Shara_82 and HawkNC. Each forum also has a local representative, in WA that lucky person is Stinky_jawa.

If you have a problem with the way the board is being run, another user on the boards or personal board related problems, please contact either HawkNC or Shara_82 and they will help you with your queries as best they can. If you have any queries about things specific to the WA boards, please contact Stinky_jawa and he will either help you out the best he can, or put you in contact with someone who can.

Don?t be frightened to ask questions, just click on the link to PM (Private Message) the above people and they will be able to help you. They don't bite [face_devil], I promise.

Also, you may notice that some members of these boards have different colours for their usernames; this is because they are generally high up on the food chain of the boards. It means that they could be system administrators, managers, moderators or VIPs (like some of the cast/crew of Star Wars).

They could also be City Representatives and RSA's. Some examples of this in these particular boards are Stinky_jawa who, as I have already stated, is West Australia's City Rep., HawkNC who is one of the RSAs and Kartanym, who is involved with TheForce.Net games section.

Below is a quick "how to" guide to help you with any posting issues you may have:

These forums use [link=http://boards.theforce.net/help/Faqs.aspx#htmlcodes]Markup Codes[/link] to post links, images, make your fonts [i]italic[/i], [b]bold[/b] and/or [u]underlined[/u], and to also add [color=#0000dd]colour[/color] to your text. A format bar has been implemented into the boards, which means that it is simply a case of point and click and your posts can be as colourful as you like.

As well as using the Markup Codes, the boards offer a range of [link=http://boards.theforce.net/help/HelpFaces.aspx]Faces[/link] which you can add anywhere you like (as long as there is a leading space " " before each individual face) throughout your post. Technically you can only post up to 5 faces in any post, but sometimes the system lets you get away with posting more.

If you find that a link or image that you have posted didn't turn out correctly then you can Edit that post with the correct link. The WA boards have an unlimited time on editing posts, but please don't abuse that fact.

[hr]

Below is a list of some terms you may come across throughout these boards:

[b]Trolling:[/b] The act of inciting a negative response by flaming, fishing for flames or posting negative/offensive messages repeatedly.

[b]Flaming:[/b] The act of insulting another member. Flaming is a ban-able offense on the FF (Fan Force).

[b]Spamming:[/b] Posting many times consecutively, posting simply to up your post count or posting identical threads across several forums. Soliciting (trading, selling or buying) and advertising also fall under spamming.

[b]Sockpuppet:[/b] Sometimes used for troublemaking aliases. But sometime

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm going to have to get use to having sticky threads on the WAFF board. Craaaaazy.

3. SKYJOKER

SKYJOKER Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 30, 2003
    Hello I am of Chile, is a pleasure to know that there are so many followers in Australia. Them greeting perhaps since in a year or 2 she is going to me to study a postdegree to his country, specifically to Sydney, and I would like to know fans those lares in my estadía. I hope to maintain contact with you.

Greetings from FanForce Chile

Skyjoker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.