Welcome to Hogsmead, the Place for Witches and Wizards

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico Star Wars FanForce' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    We don't know if she is asian names can be misleading all we know is that she is a very pretty girl in Ravenclaw and popular too and a seeker and it fits too well to be true they're too similar and I see no fire Harry needs a girl who listens, a girl who gets his dry sense of humor, someone brave, a girl that can put up with being with the boy who lived without that being the reason to be with him, someone honest, he does not need someone of wit and learning, he needs inocence, sweetness, a girl that remids him of his mother as edipian as that may seem, a redhead, a girl with spaz, a girl with six older brothers he needs Ginny Weasley

then again there seems to be a thing between Griffindor boys and Ravenclaw girls

NAH!!!

2. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Mano, a la verdad que tu eres en cheerleader numero uno de Ginny and Harry Forever.
  3. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Interesting stuff I found out that might open discussion

The birth dates of the trio are:

March 1st = Ronald Weasley (Pices)

July 31st = Harry James Potter Evans (Leo)

September 19th = Hermione Granger (Virgo)

Do this birth dates match their personalities acording to the Zodiac

Yes No Why and How Discuss
  5. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    1 Galleon for every 17 sickles
    1 sickle for every 29 knuts
    therefore 1galleon=17sickles=493 knuts
    galleons are made of Gold
    sickles are made of silver
    knuts are made of bronze

1 galleon = 5 pounds (US$7.33)
    1 sickle = .29 pounds (US$0.43)
    if 1 knut = .01 pounds

a wand from Ollivanders would cost around $51.31
    a unicorn's horn would cost around $153.93
    the Omnioculars would cost $73.30

6. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    BTW I found out the date of the Dragon Breeding outlaw it is 1709

you got me there Pete :eek: :confused: :( :mad:
  7. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    LOL!

That was the general idea!

Cool info! Where did you get the conversions into muggle money?
  8. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    In the Harry Potter Lexicon
  9. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Recent events must be taken into consideration. My mother told me yesturday that we will be out of PR the week of the 16-22 of June and that the date is not debatable because it is a time share that we have in Florida. Now this is my dilema: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes out on June 21 and I have my copies reserved on Borders Plaza las Americas and I have not seen my brother in years ( he lives in Florida) and every time my parents go to visit I have to study and I miss him, if I don't go because of the book release he is going to think that I don't want to see him. My options are to arrive early at PR on Friday 20 to be here for the activities ending in the book release at midnight. Or tell them(borders) that i'm going to pick it up at Florida that could be done? or simply give my reservation and the money to Luis or Laura and wait a miserable weekend till my arrival at PR to get my book. I'm favoring my first option, don't worry Luis you'll have your reservation stub whatever happens I have one loose. :(
  10. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
  11. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    no it does not and by the way i'm offended ;)
  12. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
  13. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    me estoy leyendo Chamber of Secrets por 4ta vez para detectar rastros de Harry & Ginny shipping. Ya terminé el estudio de GoF y el resultado fue un tanto ambiguo.

and my desktop has been POTTERIZED!
  14. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    "and my desktop has been potterized"-eso suena como a una linea de una película de Sci-fi barata.

Bueno Ricardo, ya sabes me dejas los chavos y yo te busco el libro. El más feliz que se va a poner de todo esto es Jose pq no va a tener que esperar a que yo acabe para leer! ;). Tripping, yo no me atrevería, unless I want to suffer a horrible death!
  15. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gracias Luis, pero voy a tratar de llegar el viernes a PR. Cuando digo tratar significa voy a llegar el viernes.

do or do not there is no try ;)
  16. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Interesante,

Mis amigos del Sugarquill forum tienen un tread oficial de Star Wars, asi como nosotros tenemos un thread oficial de Harry Potter aqui en PRJO.

curious very curious.
  17. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    Yo lo he estado leyendo poco a poco, pero tiene como siete paginas y no he terminado.

Esta bastante chevere, el thread I mean.
  18. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    My first post in the forum was there. How pathetic is that.
  19. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
  21. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    Bueno mi primer post y unico fue comparando HP con Star Wars...so I guess we are in the same boat.
  22. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Listen, I eas reading Chamber of Secrets and when I got to the Deathday Party scene they said that Sir Nicholas (Nearly Headless Nick = NHN) was having his 500th deathday so there is a possibility that he might know a jounger Nicholas Flamel given the fact that he was 665 at Sorcerer Stone and the ghost of NHN is not joung.
  23. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    [image=http://www.rupertgrint.org/index2.htm/image.gif]

http://www.rupertgrint.org/index2.htm

Click here to see a cool pic of Rupert Grint (Ron). Then go to fun pics. There you"ll find the surprise It is picture 18 although they're not numbered. I'm not telling you what's in the picture to not spoil the surprise!
  24. Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod

star 6
    Humm, the one about. . .you know. . .the big dude?
  25. Rao Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why should everyone must ship Harry/Ginny

these are not my words but sum up vastly on the subject.

For the record, I am so firmly convinced that it will end up H/G (maybe not right away - actually I'd be surprised if it did happen before Book 6 or 7 - but definitely by the end of Book 7), that if it doesn't, it would be the biggest shock of my life.

First off, I've never seen an H/G shipper state that Harry already likes Ginny. So arguing that Harry has shown no interest in her is beside the point - we know. He's 14 - he's clueless. We're not arguing that there are signs that Harry likes her in Books 1 through 4; we just think it's the logical progression. In my mind, Ginny is the only person I can see Harry ending up with that makes any sense at all. I'll tell you why I see it this way.

1) Continuing on the "he's never even noticed her or shown a glimmer of interest" argument H/G non-shippers make, you must remember that he's shown no interest in anyone except Cho. So unless you believe he will end up with Cho, Ginny's got as much a shot as anyone.

2) We know he's not going to end up with Cho. Like Angelphish said, JKR's said he'd end up with someone that's been there from the beginning. Plus, she also commented that everyone likes the wrong people in Book 4 (which the most obvious interpretation would mean Fleur, Viktor, and Cho are the wrong people - any other interpretation is stretching it, IMO). As for Hermione, in addition to saying there is something between her and Ron (and notice she said between, not one way, and that Ron was the one who hasn't noticed, meaning Hermione has noticed it), JKR has outright stated Harry and Hermione will not date, are - in her words- 'very platonic', and questioned if they were even suited for each other when someone asked. After all that, and what's in canon, I honestly question the sanity of anyone who believes Harry will end up with Hermione. Repeating some of Angelphish's comments, Seamus and Lavender already showing signs of interest in each other. And adding to the Yule Ball fiasco with Parvati, it seems Dean may like her (he noted she and Padma were the best looking girls in the year). Even if you truly believe one of these girls has a chance (why you would, I can't guess), they have no more chance than Ginny.

3) In a chat a couple of months ago, JKR answered my question: Will Harry ever notice the long-suffering Ginny Weasley? (this was the highlight of my HP life). Her response: "You'll see... poor Ginny, eh?" Go ahead, laugh and argue she didn't answer it and was vague. That's just my point! If you're wrong (like with Harry/Hermione) she outright comes out and says so. It's when you hit on something that she refuses to answer or beats around the bush. Plus, the 'poor Ginny' was rather sympathetic sounding - as if she won't be poor Ginny any longer...which leads me to my next point.

4) If Harry will never notice Ginny, than why did JKR create this vast crush in the first place, and keep it going through all four books? We know JKR does nothing lightly. Some have argued that the crush was just to demonstrate Harry's fame. If so, we didn't need it beyond Book 1. This poor girl has suffered in silence (mostly) through 4 years, probably in total agony every time Harry comes over to the Burrow. Would JKR really create such an unrequited crush only to have Ginny spend all seven books miserable? I mean, she's his best friend's sister! Because of Ron, she likely will be in contact with Harry for the rest of her life. So, is JKR just enjoying writing about poor Ginny pining away? I doubt it. So either Ginny just gets over him (doubtful) or she will eventually be rewarded for her patience. Sorry, I just don't see JKR giving an unrequited crush to the one person who would suffer the worst from it. IMO, JKR gave Ginny those feelings because they will be returned on day. If you can think of another reason, please tell me cause I'm at a loss.

5) Ginny will play a larger role in Book 5. The books are from Harry's POV, so that means she will be noticed by him mor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.