main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to JC Big Brother!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Well, here we are.

For some of you, this could be the first day of many more to come. Even the first evictee will have a guarenteed 14 days stay in the house.

Basically, here's a run down on what will happen.

The Housemates Duties:

Beginning tomorrow, you will have a small daily task to complete. In general, this will most likely include a mini-Scavenger Hunt game or a list of questions to be answered. (More details forthcoming) A points system will also be implemented, and with each successful completion of daily tasks (and other future games), points will be awarded which will be able to be "cashed in" for rewards.

Additionally, there will be a weekly task to complete, also. Details of these tasks will be revealed at the end of the preceding week. You guys, the Housemates, will be expected to "bet" a certain percentage of your points on the successful completion of the weekly task. The more optimistic you are at successful completion of the task, the more you will most probably bet. Of course, the greater percentage you bet, the more chance of winning more points. More details will also be given nearing the first weekly task.

Every Monday will be NOMINATIONS day. Each Housemate will be expected to nominate 2 points and 1 point to the two housemates they wish to be nominated for eviction. This will be done via PM and will remain completely secret until the end of the game. Discussion on nominations between Housemates will also be forbidden in the house. Additionally, it is expected that NO PM's be exchanged between Housemates in regards to nominations. All votes MUST be kept secret. (If it is found that Housemates are breaking these rules, automatic eviction could be handed out.)

The 3 Housemates who polled the most votes against them will be up for Eviction.

The JC's Duties

Once the 3 nominated Housemates are revealed, the JC will be expected to keep a keen eye on those in the "spotlight". Eviction votes will be accepted all week, with the WEEKLY EVICTION occuring every Sunday.

To vote:

1. Decide, at any time during the week, the ONE person nominated who you wish to evict from the house.

2. Send me a PM with your vote.

NOTE:

a) Only vote for ONE person.
    b) You cannot change your vote. Once I recieve your PM, that vote is settled. So, make sure you KNOW who you definately want to vote for.
    c) No socks will be accepted for voting.

Other Points

Everything posted in this forum follow the same standards and rules as the rest of the JC, that is, no flaming, spamming, posting of inappropriate material, etc.

Housemates who are found to have posted OUTSIDE the house will be hit with penalties, including the possibility of automatic eviction. Remember, it's not hard to look up your "recent posts". ;-)

All Housemates MUST change their colours to the standard black. Basically, you must look like you're a regular user... not a VIP.

There will be a general discussion thread set up in the Community forum, with a new thread for each EVICTION.

There will also be the opportunity for users to help with the game by providing daily and weekly task ideas, along with other possibilities.

Also, the JC Big Brother House also has many other surprises up its sleeve. So except the unexpected.

And, finally (hoping I haven't forgotten anything which I probably have), tips for success: enjoy yourself, stick to the forum rules, get to know eachother, build friendships, and... well, however else you choose to approach the game.

So, the forum is now yours! Have a ball! But remember...

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING...

2. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Nice! First post.

Hehe.

3. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Darn. Beat me to it. :p

~*Senoj*~

4. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I'm in.

I want out! :p

Erik

5. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Erik-- How did you change your colors? I've been looking for the option and haven't found it yet. ?[face_plain]

~*Senoj*~

6. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    Look for the Admin link at the top of the page, right near options, to the right of your username.

Erik

7. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Anyway guys, I'm off to bed. See you in the morning.

8. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Saw that. But it's password protected and I don't see an option of changing the colors.

~*Senoj*~

9. jediguy

Jun 10, 2000
    Go into ADMIN, change your password, login, then click 'Change User Name Style' in the frame on the left. Select Font Color = 'Black', and Font Style = 'Bold'.

10. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Hi guys... I'll read this thread more thoroughly as soon as I have a chance, but unfortunately our computer monitor is acting up, and it looks like it won't be salvagable. Hubby and I are going out to get a new one now... see you later!

:)

11. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    suppose i should check in here :D

hi everybody!

12. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    LOL, I probably should have read this thread first :D

13. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Yay, we got a new 17" Sony monitor... it cost us, but it's such an improvement over our old one.

Just read the rules... and I can't wait to explore this forum!

14. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Hi everyone! Glad to be here! (Now whether I'll still be glad in a few weeks remains to be seen... :p)

15. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    :) Hello! Great post, epic!

It's nice that we'll have at least 2 weeks to get to know each other. The only goals I have of this is to really make some new friends and have fun.

//to hot tub! :D

16. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Of course that's your only goal, Missy. I mean, it's not like they could reward you with VIP colors or other admin privileges! :p

17. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Well, it's a lot of work. I don't do it for the colours. :p

It is nice to get a break from the responsibility, though.

18. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Hey guys, just checking in. I've got to get out of these red colours though. :)

I should mention that I forgot my admin password (it's been so long since I used it!) so I'll have to wait till ND gets in to remind me.

19. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    At least we're free of Darma in here, I hate Darma.

We're also free of "drama".

:D

Erik

20. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Hi, Silmarillion. Welcome to the house!

21. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Actually, I think I hear everyone watching this board chanting "Drama! Drama! Drama!"

:p ;)

22. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Well, I'm finally here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! =D

23. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Hi! I suggest you check out this thread first (to get to know your fellow contestants). :)

24. Dark_Lord_Erik

Jan 19, 2001
    Welcome. Come enjoy the ongoing fun, and create some new fun of your own.

Is that everyone?

Erik

25. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    yep, everyone has checked in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.