Welcome to Kamino!!!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't you mean "*(family board)* sense of humor" Geoff?

Only 4 good things have come out of Canada:

1. Hockey

2. Hot chicks:
    Avril Lavigne
    Alanis Morrisette
    Shania Twain
    Nelly Furtado
    (more because of other things than their actual music, although I like all of them somewhat musically)
    Rachel Blanchard (Clueless, the TV show)

3. Raunchy comedians:
    Tom Green
    Jim Carrey
    Mike Meyers
    Martin Short

4. Our Lady Peace (best Canadian band, period)

IF THERE ARE 2 THINGS I HATE, IT'S PEOPLE WHO ARE INTOLERANT OF OTHER CULTURES, AND THE DUTCH... I MEAN, CANADIANS!!!
  2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Good god...I totally dissed Canada without excluding Tom Green! What the *family board* was I thinking? Tom Green is the ONLY good thing to come out of Canada, other than that, Canada can go H-E-*double hockey sticks* Oh yeah I said "hockey", about the only thing a canuck can understand...
  3. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Force help us all...

First off, hockey... Um, duh.. kick *(family board)* sport. Makes me wish I could skate.

Second, hot chicks... Uh, none of those count as "hot" persay, except Furtado. And I chalk her up to being Portugese more than Canada. Maybe Leigh Donovan counts, but none of you non-mtn bikers would get that one.

Third, comedidians... Only one comment here. When Americans are saying that Tom Green is the only good thing to come out of Canada, I think it's time for good ol' mother nature to wipe the slate clean and start over. The other ones are fine.

Fourth, Our Lady Peace... Aren't they the only Canadian band? Only one that matters anyways?

Fifth, not on anyone's list but mine... RaceFace mtn bike components and North Shore Cycles. The newest mtn bike designs coming out of BC give me a *(family board)*. Only problem with mtn biking in Canada is that you better not get hurt. Health care up there blows...

-b-
  4. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Other great Canadians: Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning, and Sale and Pelletier. If I have to explain who they are, you've obviously never watched the Olympics!
  5. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Other great Canadians: Elvis Stojko

I agree! :)

And Hayden... [face_love]
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Brian, if you don't think Shania Twain is hot, then I think you may be *(family board)*...
  7. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    if only she didn't sing country....

on sale and pelltier:
    can't remember which is which but the chick is fly with a capital "PH"!!

-b-
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    No Brian...it's OK Shania Twain may be considered country; but the people down in Nashville don't like her because her husband Mutt Lang (also the producer for Bryan Adams) produced her 1st big album. But the country conservatives said she was "too rock and roll".

So, for those keeping score:
    KNOCKOUT gorgeous body
    good voice
    Canadian...not a "country girl"
    1st real crossover female artist in the genre
    KNOCKOUT gorgeous body
    two words...MID-DRIFF
    Shania's cute tummy

How did I forget to mention her in my last post...I must be losing my mind!

9. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    *(family board alert)*

must have been cold in that photo shoot...

*(family board alert)*

oh well, she's still no nelly furtado...Clickie for Nelly

-b-
  10. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry b but no clickie
  11. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I have this pic as a file in my computer... I saw from the scan that it said September 1999 of FHM, so I ran a search using that information, and ironically enough, who posted this on their site? BMAC!!! Not Kidding!!! Look at the upper-left corner of the pic! Anyways... Shania's showing a little more than tummy in this pic!!! Get ready for your jaws to drop! (see how many edits I have on this... I linked it, but somehow it kept linking to a Shania Twain message board instead of the photo, so copy and paste instead of clickie, sorry guys!)

http://shania.rackhost.net/images/bmac99_76_shania_twain.jpg

For the record... country music sucks, but boy would I like to *(family board)* Shania, especially with the blond hair in the "That Don't Impress Me Much" video... which is ironic, cuz I'm a brunette kind o' guy, and she's naturally a brunette... weird...
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    As for B's picture... it was there, he just linked it wrong somehow... But I took the liberty of fixing it for him... B, when I left you with html, I was but the learner, now I am the master!!! j/k. Anyways, here's Nelly for ya, but personally, I think she's looked better in other pics...

Whoa Nelly!
  13. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    My, how threads can get way off topic...keep the drooling to a PG minimum Random (please)

Not that debating the merits of people who call "The Great White North" has anything to do with it raining in Cleveland....

Speaking of Canadian musicians, BNL (Bare Naked Ladies) aren't they from Canada?
  14. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    These are what you might call droolfests. And the posters over at the Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Discussion thread do it all the time over Ewan--only it's a little more "family board" in style! Of course, I agree about most of their comments. But on the original question, how did Obi-Wan manage to look so good on Kamino?
  15. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    first: Random, my bad, TGML attributes aren't set with quotes. so, who's the master now? ;)

second: Skye, maybe it was the makeup artists? wild guess... ;)

-b-
  16. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jedi BMack, I know. I was just kidding around. (Smiles--I can't do faces yet. But I will learn.) Besides any excuse to post about Obi-Wan. I know, I know, I'll go on over to the Obi-Wan thread for that!
  17. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    You know, we're really streatching the limits of this thread (this is very lock-able). And Random, I actually quoted the name of the show/soon to be movie (may the Force help me!)...so "family board"ing it wouldn't be an option (because nobody would understand what I meant)

For the record, I HATE that show...and can't stand that it's being made into a movie. Just one more thing about our American "culture?" that makes me not advertise that I'm an American when traveling.

"You're an American, those people who watch shows like "jackass?"
    "No, I'm an American citizen...who has to put up with these fools" :(
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Tom Green
    Jim Carrey
    Mike Meyers
    Martin Short
    ...can we send Tom Green back? Try again Canada...this one wasn't funny!

William Shatner's from Canada...I think?
    Michael J Fox
    John Candy

if only she didn't sing country.... technically, she does, but she was more mainstream then Faith Hill is today. And even though Nashville did nothing but bad-mouth her...now all the girls have to look and sound like she does. It's just OK to promote Faith Hill's mainstream crossover, because she's "one of us"; regardless of the fact that she's more pop then country anymore. Meanwhile the guys, are still nothing but "good ol' boys" in 10 gallon hats!

19. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    (with a dark and foreboding voice)

it's being made
    into
    a
    movie?

Force. Help. Me.

Back on topic. Isn't it supposed to rain this weekend?

-b-
  20. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    For the record, Jackass and Tom Green are two of the best programs MTV has put out... Tom Green totally overshadowing Jackass...

Oh yeah, I forgot Michael J. Fox... even after Parkinson's Disease got him, I read a little of his book, he STILL owns... but nothing will ever touch the Back To The Future series...
  21. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    Time for my two cents. Peter Jennings is also from Canada.

I would laugh hysterically at Jackass. Although if I ever came face to face with Tom Green, I would probably knock him out. There is a huge difference between doing things to yourself for a laugh like on Jackass, and doing embarrassing things to others like Tom Green.

Random, you're a Back to the Future fan and you didn't catch my quote in the Saloon thread. I'm disappointed.
  22. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    sky-click on faces and read how to type in faces
  23. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jangoboy, How's this: ;) ?
  24. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah yes, looking back on that topic, I suppose you're right Zod... Although I'm a fan of BTTF, it's been a while since I've watched the movies (waiting for DVDs).

Anyways Zod, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.