main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to my hell

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by toochilled, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
  2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    could be worse, could be Darlo

3. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    No

Darlo has superior points. I was born there ;)

edit :

god - that site is so true!!!! I'm peeing meself here...

plus there are forums! - http://www.hounslowforums.co.uk !!!!!!!

hehe - ooh - and they show the pub i used to work in ! :D

4. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah but you dont live here now, doesn't that say alot? ;)

5. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    easy on stony stratford dude! I used to live near there (and my parents still do).

We're working on turning it into a new Jerusalem :)

6. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    trust me - I would rather live in stony stratford any day!

ed:

oooh - my pubs :D

http://homepage.mac.com/davidclifford/quaffing.html

7. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol well I will be moving back to London next July...don't know how but I shall find a way

8. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    hehehehe - come and move in with me, si and mart :D - you can be our cinderella ;)

9. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    I cant afford to live in London ....like rent and that hense I am gonna live with my mum for free ;)

10. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    and where in that post did I mention money ;)

:p

oooh - best quote I found so far
    ''Why doesn't someone Bomb Hounslow. I may die in that attack but it's better than having to live in here. ''

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    [face_shocked]

lmao thats a good one

12. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    "You can take a man out of Hounslow, but you can't take Hounslow out of a man" - Anon.

OMG. People "hook up" @ bus stops. ROTF

13. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    Damn - this place is soooo slow today - or is it just lunch???

Has the age of the typical new mother in Hounslow gone up from 13 to 15 yet? It is usual to see four or five generations of the same families wandering up the high street in their leggings and nylon ma-1 jackets, often on the family shoplifting excursion to Primark (most expensive item £9.99).
    Why is Hounslow so full of the thick Kevin and Sharon types - Trademark look - Blokes: Pathetic goatee beard, black Kenwood Jacket, Baseball cap riduclously high on head, earring, talking very loud in sarf london accent peppered with excessive swearing to make them look "hard" Girls: White pedal pushers, hair scraped back excessively, dog rough, behaving same as blokes. You people are the brainless scum of society - the lot of could be shot to improve the human race.

14. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    its this stupid `work' thing they make me do while I'm here. Apparently it's something I have to do in order to receive what they call a `salary'.

I call it an `insult'.

15. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    It's slower than Chet.

Hand me down leggins. LOL. Is the twin town Chesterfield? People who come from Chesterfield are called Chessie Whippers.

16. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    All I can say that it is true.

Check the buskers page. All true.

MrMichealJackson dancer is real.

17. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    chesterfield = sheffield

18. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    ''For those in search of entertainment in Hounlsow, mention must be made of the free spectacle that is provided almost every day by the towns numerous buskers. Variety is indeed the spice of life, and all tastes are catered for, ranging from modern performance-art to classical music. The former is provided by the towns many winos, who have made an art-form out of urinating in the streets and shouting at one-another in the universal, unintelligible language of piss-heads the world over. Surely lottery-funding for these dedicated entertainers cannot be withheld for much longer? The latter comes courtesy of a gentleman of Somalian extraction whose forte is to play the solo clarinet roles of Mozarts' clarinet concertos with orchestral accompaniment provided via the medium of his cassette recorder. This fine musician adds a modern slant to these timeless classics by the cunning ploy of interpreting the music in such a way as the listener is reminded of a noise much like a tomcat with its balls caught in a revolving door on a frosty night.
    Mention must be made of a performer of borough-wide renown, namely Hounslows' very own Michael Jackson look-alike. This chap does indeed bare a striking resemblence to Mr Jackson, or at least how I would imagine Mr Jackson would look if he were 10 years older and slightly less caucasian. He even has the authentic clothing of a "Bad"-era Michael Jackson, and most weekends he can be found singing and dancing in the High Street to a large and appreciative audience, most of whom are enjoying his performance so much that they can barely stop laughing, and some of whom have even resurrected the ancient tradition of expressing appreciation by the throwing of fruit and vegetables (there is a conveniently located and competetively-priced fruit stall on the High Street). Whatever aesthetic merits this spectacle may posess is, sadly. somewhat diminished by the fact that his singing makes the above-mentioned clarinetist sound mellow and tuneful, and he dances like a retarded orangutan in a mine-field.
    Another regular sight in Hounslow is the accordionist who displays a placard indicating that he is blind. Now as it happens his musicianship is tolerably competent, but if it weren't, why should he use his infirmity as an excuse? If he couldn't play his instrument satisfactorily, then he certainly shouldn't do so in public. After all, does Ray Charles display a sign saying "blind" on his piano? I have often been temped to obtain an accordian myself, station myself next to him with a sign saying "Deaf", and then make an infernal racket.
    On which subject, I will mention Hounslow's most notorious busker. I'm not aware of his name,which is surprising as he tends to display it prominently on varous signs, flyers and even compact disks that he has for sale. He can usually be found plying his trade outside the main entrance to the Treaty Centre, wearing outlandish head-gear. This man is the spawn of the devil. He plays a vacuous brand of bland reggae, his lyrics are trite, which doesn't matter so much as you can barely tell what he's singing due to his weak, reedy voice. He dances like a ****, dresses like a pillock and looks like an arse. He takes himself far too seriously (witness the afore-mentioned compact discs of his "music", which he tries to foist upon unsuspecting members of the public). I believe that it is now a local bye-law that you are legally permitted, nay obliged, to smite him mightily around the head with any convenient object you have to hand (may I suggest his guitar?), to be followed by delivering unto him a resounding kick to the gonads (which probably explains his voice), shouting "Die, die, die!"
    I quite like the Oriental gentleman who plays the electronic pan-pipes and the wierd stylophone thing though."

19. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    ROTF ROTF ROTF @ The Buskers page

// holds hand out

Er no way mate. Chesterfield is a town. Fulla inbreds. Sheffield is a city. Fulla adorable laydeez. Chesterfield and Sheffield are seven miles and a decade apart.

20. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    my mate went to sheffield uni. just a load of hills and inbred locals.

21. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Sheffield is the City of Knives and Forks.

22. pdubyuh

pdubyuh Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2000
    hey Jinky where abouts did you live ?

23. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Deaconmobile

Sheffield's a cool city. We have great knives and forks. What more could a city have to offer. And Sheffield Uni is The Times No 1 University Of The Year. Obviously. I work here.

24. anakin_pm

anakin_pm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    YOu could always try www.kempsey.co.uk
    Really Good site :p

25. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Chet...my Mum's family come from Sheffield

//twitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.