main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Welcome to Nashville!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    All right! I get to be the first to post in the new Nashville forum.

Hope this area picks up some speed. I'll do what I can from here.

2. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Obi-Wan_Knievel Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2000
    Man..I think I kinda liked the old forum better. Not that I posted a whole ton of stuff there. I just liked it better, but I will live. Hey how's the fan film coming?

Obi

3. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It's going pretty well. We've got a lot of it shot, although there is still some filming that needs to be done next month. Looks like I have a big scene or two that needs to be filmed. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Hopefully, we should have a trailer ready before too long. I'll make sure everyone in the Nashville forum gets the link.

4. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    HEY HEY HEY!! Just checking in with everyone. Finally got myself moved over from the other board. =) So how is everyone?

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Doing pretty good (but you know that... you just chatted w/ me on ICQ).

We'll have to see if we can get Kevin to start posting here. We need a minimum of three (and I'd rather not have to count myself) to be an "official" FanForce chapter, with three successful meetings (and filming sessions could probably count).

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I will send Kevin's ICQ # to you if you don't have it. I will be home around 9pm or so if you need it. Later on.

PS: Hey did you see the new Episode 2 photos released today? Man oh man!

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    No, I don't have it. Send it over.

8. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey, let's get this forum pumpin'! It is getting quiet in here and there are WAY to many Episode II rumours floating about to stay tucked away from the boards. Let's get it on! =)

9. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Jul 20, 2000
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. Glad to hear the filming is going well. We haven't begun filming yet. The cgi group is working their tales off right on the opening sequence. We did some small reworking of the script. We're doing storyboarding right now and working on our matte composites for blue/green screening. Thank god we have a proffesional production group that know what they're doing. I don't look for ours to be completed until around the end of October. How long is yours gonna run? I forgot? You going to enter it into any festivals or contests?

-Obi

10. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    No prob. Our budget is a little slimmer than yours. Maybe next time around we will try for a professional blue/green screen. Until then, good ol' white backs will have to do. I think the writer/director told me it would be around an hour and 42 minutes... give or take a few minutes. It could vary after he trims on it. The filming is going along slowly but surely. We are looking for a release around May next year. I doubt we will enter into any festivals. We will release it on TheForce.Net for sure tho. Take care!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Should be a good one. I'm looking forward to the next filming session in January.

12. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Yeah me too! Tracy told me that he has about half the film edited. That's good news b/c rotoscoping is not far away. That is where "I" come in. hehehehe...

13. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Jul 20, 2000
    Cool, ours well come in around 2 hours or a little over. We are kinda ambitiuos. Oh, we're not paying for our production people! We lucked out, I have a guy I work with that just moved from Tampa and does freelance work
    for NBC/ABC so we really lucked up. He has some contacts here locally and in Florida so we're getting our camera's for free and we might get use of an editing suite and a proffesional cinematographer for free too. The idea has now blosswomed into if we do this really good we can shop it around to other companies like a resume' of sorts. Its moving, just gotta hang on for the ride!

-Obi

14. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds pretty amazing. Good luck with the movie and keep me posted! =)

15. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Greetings, all. Sorry for my recent e-absence. Life has been busy lately. Anyway, I can't say I really care for these new FanForce message boards, but I guess something is better than nothing. I hope all is well in Nashville, and I'll talk with you guys more later!

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Grand Moff Joker!!! Good to hear from you. It's been a long time. Any plans to visit Nashville in the future?

17. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm a little ways off from Nashville - but I can always come to these boards.

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hi, Skidder... how far away are you?

19. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama, did you see the new product AlamDV that just came out? I am beta testing it to see if we can use it in our film. The second beta looks pretty tempting!!

Later on!

20. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Hello again, Hama. Actually, yes, I will soon be back in Nashville for the first time in ten months. I'll be in town from Saturday, December 23rd until Wednesday, January 3rd. Anything interesting with the local fans going on during that already-busy time? I'd be up for a gathering if any of you guys are.

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    elanrai... Yeah, I got the URL you sent, and I downloaded it. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I will.

Grand Moff Joker... Nothing is currently in the works, but I'll be in town all of New Year's weekend and have a 3-day weekend. Maybe a couple of us can go catch a movie or something. Anybody else free that weekend? (I do have plans for midnight New Year's Eve/Day, but other than that, I'm available for something)

22. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama, don't know if you have checked your email yet or not, but I just finished up about 15 secs of the duel footage. It is getting exciting now!

As far as getting together, it sounds good to me. I know I should be free sometime in there. Let me know what you all decide. Later!

23. maulsqueen

maulsqueen Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    I'm from Bowling Green Ky, only about 60 miles from Nashville....

24. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Good to meet you, maulsqueen! I've been near Bowling Green a few times on my way to Indiana. Let me know if you're ever in the area.

25. Obi-Wan_Knievel

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh my god! Somebody else besides the 3 of us actually posted to this board. Yes it is a blue moon that's why I'm posting. HA! Looks like she's from Bowling Green. Hey, isn't that where that corvette musuem is?

Obi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.