main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Welcome to Nashville!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    We definitely need to gather more people to the Nashville board. I remember back in the fanforce (so many years ago.. haha) we had nearly 10 members it seemed. Maybe in time we will generate more here.

2. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Obi,

What is your email address? Do you have a website for the new fan film yet? Just curious!

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Heh, heh, heh... my parents took me to a Chinese buffet tonight. My fortune cookie read "You are next in line for a promotion at your firm."

If they only knew how right they are...

I graduate Saturday morning from the Academy (watch your speed).

4. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    That fortune also applied to me. I just received a promotion myself at work. I am now a Sales Supervisor. Yippee! LOL

Oh, don't you worry. I can usually smell the fuzz from a mile off. LOL....

=)

5. scourge

scourge Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2001
    WOW! I did not realize that so many fans lived in Tennessee. I had always thought that it was a barren wasteland!:D Anyway, anyone been to the university of the South in Sewanee to scope out the scenery? Rock Island (where they filmed parts of a Stallone movie with Antonio Bandaras called Assassins, I think)?

Scourge

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I haven't been there yet. How far away is that from say... Spring Hill?

7. scourge

Feb 11, 2001
    I'd guess about 70-75 miles. If I-840 were open all the way it would be so much better. All you need to do is get on I-24 and travel East till you get to Monteagle Mountain (signs everywhere so you can't get lost), Exit 145 IIRC. You exit and loop up to the top. At the top (HWY 55 IIRC), you take a left and you will go past the Monteagel Winery on your right and the Smokehouse Lodge on your left.

Drive for about 12 miles (there is a sign telling you exactly) and go past the arch over the road (Sewanee school) and take the next right. This is the main campus road and once on it-it will take you right through campus. Its really beautiful and old looking (I went there to take my LSAT) and I think would make an excellent location shoot. Considering Spring Hill is so far away, I'd reccommend checking out websites before I made the drive.

http://www.sewanee.edu/

http://www.pe.net/~rksnow/tncountysewanee.htm

Scourge

8. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds like an interesting place to visit. I will tell Penzargrat about it. He is our camera man and writer. If we need further shots, this might be a new location. Thanks for the input! Hey, I need to get in touch with Hama about us all getting together sometime so we can claim a chapter here. Talk to ya later!

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yes, by all means. My schedule right now is Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. I'd be available for just about anything during "normal" hours.

Remember, the three FanForce meetings that we need to become "official" can be something as simple as getting together to watch a movie or something. Get Kevin on the boards!

10. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    As far as Kevin goes, I have tried quite a few times. Unfortunately, he has succombed to the game, Everquest. DARN IT! LOL!

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
  12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hey, I just realized that was the 100th post in the Nashville forum! Nice milestone... let's go for 1000!

13. scourge

Feb 11, 2001
    But there's only, what 5 of us who live in Middle Tennessee and 4 who actually live close to Nashville?:D

Scourge

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll just have to post one sentence at a time.

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Like this.

:D

16. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
  17. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    like..

18. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    this..

19. scourge

Feb 11, 2001
    Simple......

20. scourge

Feb 11, 2001
    ...yet effective.

Scourge

21. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    They have one word in TFN forums for what you are doing. "Trolling" :D

Don't worry it will pick up in the next year. We were all on the countingdown boards last time until they got passed on to TFN. Good move! Anywho, once the teaser comes out this fall, there will be quite a few in here. Trust me. ;)

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Not "trolling"... "spamming". ;)

Good to see you again, k kanos! I don't think I've seen you in the Nashville forum since the big merge last December. Hope to see you around town sometime. We'll keep you posted on any upcoming activities. Don't forget to subscribe to the South Region newsletter that I'm going to be starting up soon. Details are in this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2221996&replies=12

23. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Hi, Hama, how are you?

24. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    hi i am a newbie here, i am a star wars freak, i work for the state here in nashville but i live in Dekalb County. Can i join this group?

25. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Absolutely! We're glad to have you. So you work for the state, eh? That makes two of us government types here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.