main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Welcome to New Visitors!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome Modernism! Here's the thread to keep an eye on for our Episode III plans. Hopefully you make it into town in time!

~Doc_Bev

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Woo Hoo!!!!! another member, Welcome. Yea we've got tons of stuff going on for EpIII. Let us know when you arrive so we can all get together. Do you know where abouts you will be living here in rochester?

3. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    yes, in the city, near UR. Actually a few blocks from MCH. I grew up in Rochester, saw original SW at Loews Pittsford Plaza... but it has closed down or else would see ROTS there.

4. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Dude, welcome to the neighborhood! We live on the street that runs up the side of st Anne's Church &
    TD-027 live 2 blocks away so if you eve need a ride to somethin , let us know. Neighbor!

5. jedi_mako

jedi_mako Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey everyone.

While I've seen flyers around places like ToysRUs for the Rochester Fan Force, last night at Tinseltown was the first time I saw you guys out and about. I was a little jealous, there's a Jedi Costume folded up in my closet, but going to the show last night, no one else I was going with was dressing up. I lucked out last time by having friends I've grown up with in SW fandom to go with to the movie. It was Anakin, Obi Wan and then me... random female Jedi.

Anyways. I was jealous. You all looked fantastic. You made the inner uber-Star Wars fan in me want to claw its way back to the surface, run home and grab a lightsaber and join the fun. :D

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards jedi_mako! Thanks for stopping by! We'll be at Tinseltown again tonight 6pm-10pm, Sat 1pm-10pm and Sun 1pm-6pm so go dust off those Jedi robes and come out and join us! :D

To be serious though, no costume is required to join The Rebellion, participate in our events or (of course) post on our boards. It just happens that most of us also belong to The Rebel Legion and/or the 501st Legion which are the costuming groups.

I hope you'll come back and visit us again.

~Doc_Bev

7. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Hello,

Saw you all at T-town yesterday. Very impressive.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards scafencer! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing us yesterday. I'm curious - is the sca in scafencer stand for the Society of Creative Anachronisms? In any case, thanks for visiting and feel free to post here anytime!

~Doc_Bev

9. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    It does indeed. I have done demos at Tinsletown as well but not for SW usually for things like LOTR and such. I plan to be back out there this weekend to see SW again. :)

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Very cool! I know a couple people in the Barony of Thescorre through my membership in the USS Tranquility*shameless plug*. I believe the Barony will also be involved in Astronomicon (which I am on the Con Com for) *shamless plug #2*. Stop by and say "Hi" if you see us at the table this weekend. I'm hoping to see EIII again on Saturday if I can sneak away from the table for a while.

~Doc_Bev

11. jedi_mako

jedi_mako Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for being so friendly! I actually was there again on Thursday (tagging along with more people who hadn't seen the movie yet) and was wowed again by the costumes. The guy with the Wookie outfit... amazing. :D

As I'm halfway through graduation weekend at RIT, it's unclear just how much longer I'll be in Rochester (Wherever they'll give me a job.. I'm there.), but until I go or if I end up sticking around, I'd like to keep up on what you guys are doing.

Maybe the Jedi robes will come out again. :D

12. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Welcome both scafencer and jedi_mako!

Thanks jedi_mako!
    Alot of time went into creating the wookiee costume.

13. jedi_mako

jedi_mako Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I can only imagine.

It's freakin' amazing though.

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Jedi Maco & scafencer Welcome....

scafnecer hi My wife & I have been to a few sca events & meetings. We were kind of introduced to it thru Some friends of ours Ed Ciminelli (Lionheart) & Paul Lashbrooks (I don't think he has a scanadian name yet) But we really enjoyed 3 Ravens & IceDragon and are considering PAX.

We're considering joining, we just have to figure out if you have enough time leftover between the real word, Sci Fi Clubs & the Sca.

But nevertheless WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

15. jedi_mako

jedi_mako Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I'm just curious. What kind of stuff goes on when you guys have meetings.. and what would be involved in joining?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    jedi_mako - Recently, our meetings have mostly consisted of planning for upcoming events (we've had a ton). We would also bring in favorite parts of our collections for a sort of show and tell. And just general discussions that can take place faster in person than they can on the boards.

As far as what would be involved in joining? You're already a member of FanForce by posting on the boards here. And, usually as soon as we get to meet a poster in person they're considered part of The Rebellion. We have no membership dues or other restrictions. As our chapter is sort of on the small side at the moment, we haven't had the need to make The Rebellion any more formalized.

~Doc_Bev

17. Scootercub1

Scootercub1 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Hi, I am new to the boards. I know Jeff, from previous star wars group outings. I hope to do some events etc. Sounds fun and will be nice again not to be thought of as a weirdo...hugging my orginal 12 in boba fett..or my vinyl caped jawa. He he he and saying "mommy make the bad men away".
    Oh ok, yes I know I wont be condsidered normal no matter where I am..lol BUT!?
    shawn

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards Scootercub1!
    Stay tuned to this thread for our next meeting and this thread for a listing of upcoming events.

~Doc_Bev

19. JediMasterSorenKedo

JediMasterSorenKedo Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Hey everyone, new to the boards and just wanted to say that I'm soooo glad I found a group that seems at the same time so intense about Star Wars and at the same time, so friendly and welcoming!!!

Really looking forward to getting a costume together and having a ton of fun with you guys!!!

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Welcome JediMasterSorenKedo!

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah!! New poster!
    Welcome to the boards JediMasterSorenKedo! I'm glad you found us.

~Doc_Bev

22. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Welcome Scooter & Kedo!

23. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Hi!
    Just happened to stop by, I'm Erica and I live out in Wayne County. About halfway between Rochester and Syracuse. But I went to college at St. John Fisher and usually shop in Rochester, so I thought I'd say hi. I have a few random posts on this board, but that was a few years back.

I went to CIII, you can see my pics here, under "Emily and Erica's pics".
    CIII pics

I'm staff over at The Bothan Spy, and I moderate a sw yahoo group as well.

I had so much fun at c3, I hope to be more active on this board, and actually do some fun SW things!

Erica

24. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Erica,
    Welcome to the boards! I had to laugh when I looked through your CIII pics. I was the Biker Scout who "Stole" your droid at the droid hunt. Thanks for stopping in to say hi.

Duane M
    TD/TB-2709
    Northeast Remnant
    501st Legion
    Rochester Rebellion

25. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Hee hee! That's fantastic. That was one of my fave moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.