main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA Welcome to Official-dom

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    OK, I've been reviewing a few things about making you guys an official chapter. I believe you've met the meeting requirement, as long as three posting members were at each of them. So who all has been to your meetings?

You will need to elect a CR and choose a name for your club. Take your time with both. Until you have chosen a name you will be Des Moines FanForce. The requirements for a CR are as follows:

City Reps must be at least 18 years old. CR's have essentially replaced what are known as moderators. A moderator is responsible for maintaining their online forum. However, a CR transcends this role because they are also responsible for representing their chapter and its interests. A CR must be a leader -- capable of organizing and supporting their entire chapter. A CR is elected by the members of a chapter.

If you would like JediPatrick2177 to be your CR that is fine if he fits the criteria (i.e., is over 18). I would like to hear from more of the members of the Des Moines FanForce before that decision is made official though, just to make sure everyone agrees. So discuss your decision for CR at your meeting on Friday, then everyone PM me. Sound like a deal?

Baring the member check you guys are official, congrats!

Feel free to shoot me any questions and/or concerns you have about anything. As your RSA I handle your moderating, board edits, custom board/icon, announcements to the main page, and such.

2. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
  3. JediPatrick2177

JediPatrick2177 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2004
    I do meet your age requirement, and would also enjoy hearing from more of the members, so it shall be discussed at this eves meeting. I am 27 years old, and maintaining a forum is no problem for me what so ever, <laughs with his worthless IT degree> and we should get back to you on a name very soon. Thanks for your help :)

4. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    We meet on Fri. and all 9 that showed up voted that JediPatrick would be a good CR. We will be voting on a name in the next few days and hopefully we will have one by our next meeting on the 10th.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, JediPatrick is now your CR! Good luck and have fun!

6. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Our name will likely be JedIowan Council. And if I may "be so bold:"
    "Agree with Jedipatrick as CR the council does."

7. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Geez. Where were you guys last year when it was only me, Burris, and Navillus trying to get this off the ground? :p

Seems to be more people now. Wish I lived closer.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I added CR and RSA contact info to the top of your board and an announcement header. If you don't like the colors I picked, want it scrolling, or want the text changed just let me know. I can change it for every meeting or as often as you would like. Any other customization you would like just let me know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.