main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Welcome to Our New Home

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Old-Jedi, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    May our new home be even more successful, than our previous one. Welcome my friends, welcome everyone!

"DFWfanforce Forever!"

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    WONDERFUL! We are now part of the tribe!

3. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey everyone! Home at last! I've been going crazy watching the boards and waiting for when we'd get ours here. Yay!! :) Now hopefully we'll get our regulars posting a little more, again :)

(not that it hasn't stopped me from posting at either the past few days :p hahahahah)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    It's too grey and plain in here

5. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Unexpected this is.....and unfortunate.

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Hi...here i am <sigh>..It IS tooo grey here...But I will still try...

7. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Jedilona!!! :) <hugs> great to see ya gal! :D Looking forward to our old topics "finding" their way here.. We should probably post a reminder about the meeting here.. I would but I am supposed to be getting ready to run some errands... oops! ;)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

8. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    Hello Fan Force. I am kinda new to the JC too, but I am happy to see a local forum just for us D/FW people. I saw there is going to be a get together in Grapvine in a coupla weeks so mabye I will meet some of you then.

Enjoy the JC, they have good forums. I like the EP2 spoilers and the JC community has some hillarious threads to check out.

9. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Tim.. I think I'm feeling "at home" now. I sure hope the rest of our group gets here and gets back to posting like "old time's sake" ;)

Not that I've even been around that terribly long.. I lurked for a while before I'd even registered at the old board (and I waited a while before even posting after that! LOL).

Looking forward to the meeting. Anything else we should post about or "move" from the old boards?

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia - who hasn't been sleeping too well lately and is obviously out of Star Wars books to read at the moment and is entertaining herself on the boards a little too much, I think :p LOL

10. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Hello everyone. :) Happy to see you all here.
    I gree that it's very gray here(imperial gray?). I hope we'll get use to it.
    DarthCynthia you keep it up. Keep this board hoping and wake these people up! Who needs sleep. Not me.(zzzzzzzz) What! I'm awake.(zzzzzzzzz)

Bev(who also has a little trouble sleeping)

11. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Not to worry...I'll take over the night shift. Like I said on the other board..I sleep not. I hate how there are no options to livley up the TEXT. So..anyone else up this late?

Anyone...anyone? I guess I'll watch the Trilogy again and count how many times R2 whistles. ;D

12. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, I've actually found some time to dust my collection shelves. R2 needs some turtle wax.

13. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL, THX :) You could come over to my house and dust my shelves.. I need to get to them today or tomorrow and my poor Maul's all look like they have dandruff or something. heheheh ;)

Well.. I may have had trouble sleeping but at least I got up at a decent time. Now I just gotta get off my butt and get some art done today :p heheh

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

14. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    <b>just testing my posting abilities

btw, i rawk.

............................stone</b>

15. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    JarvisW= Welcome to our new abode, and welcome to the group. Always good to have a fresh opinion around here.

Grey.... LIKE MY ETERNAL SOUL!!!!!!!!! Sorry, just wanted to do that.

But, at least we're all in this boat together. 'Cuz it's all aboot the love, and if ya ain't aboot the love... ya gatta go.

16. stone

Dec 4, 2000
    why can't i bold?
    let me try a few ideas....

<b>testing</b>

testing

&lt;b&gt;testing&lt;/b&gt;

17. stone

Dec 4, 2000
    lame.

18. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh, btw! Saw this linked from our old board by Lightsabre:

"The Fanforce forums will be inactive from now on, but they will remain up for you to view and archive until Monday December 11, 2000."

So I guess if anyone wants to grab anything from the old board for their own archive or to cut and paste/move here, make sure ya do :)

Has RayParkFan or DarthRain and DarthStorm checked in over here, yet? Where are you guys? :)

re: the colors... yeah.. it is a bit drab (ok, very drab) after having our colorful board, but I've really gotten used to this so far and I haven't had any problems really (knocking on wood) so I'm hoping that we can keep things moving along and have some fun here, too. Sorry to hear about some of the options, too, Storm. I haven't had much chance to do anything but skim over some of the info about how these boards work, but I guess there're some things we'll have to do without, unfortunately. There might also just be other ways to do them, too. Guess I'll spend a little time looking to see what all is supported here (bold etc).

Still.. I'm happy to see familiar and new faces here :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

19. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Yea Stone...LAME. You can't do anything in these forums, no html, smiles, or anything. I wish we could change the background colors or something.

20. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, I was looking around and didn't see anything about that. Oh well *sighs*. At least we still have a place to post and stuff. Could be worse.. heheheh :) For a long while I didn't have any club locally to hang out with, so I'm glad to at least have this. Maybe after a while they'll get us color or add a few other things.. who knows..

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

21. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Hi!
    Glad to see everyone again. =)

Queen Tofuti
    (who's really sad cause there are no smileys)

22. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    This place sucks.

James

23. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    I guess this place will take some getting used to. Definitely not as bad as Aliens3 though.

24. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Queen Tofuti :) Was wondering when you'd get here.. we still have a few other members "unaccounted" for I guess.. hopefully they won't stay away. This board isn't THAT bad :p

(I mean heck, I'm still posting here and it played havok on three other boards I'm at so I don't visit those other three very often and use another browser that crashes more often).

anyway.. see ya around Queen :)
    MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia - who just woke up and hopes that her sleep schedule will get better (been feeling very icky lately)

25. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Repeat after me: Alien3 is the 2nd greatest film in the Alien series (only after the original). If you disagree, you're wrong.

If you believe that everyone in the Navy DOESN'T sit around all day dancing to the Village People, you're wrong again. :)

(just another quick jab at Chad)

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.