main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Welcome to our Twin Chapter....King of Prussia, PA

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It has taken some time but we finally have a Twin Chapter. Please join me in welcoming the fine people from King of Prussia, PA a.k.a [link="http://www.phillyouterrim.org/]Philly Outer Rim"[/link].

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Welcome to Boston! :D

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think you meant to link this up [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10376]Here[/link]

;)

Waves, HI Philly's! Welcome to Bahston! :D

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey,

I just drove by there! Why doesn't anyone tell me of these things? :mad:

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    H-E-L-L-O Boston!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

OK I got to do this in Philly style, so who wants a cheesesteak!?! [face_laugh]

Well I've always wanted to visit Boston and maybe now I have a reason too. ;)

BTW, anyone here heading to Dragon Con? There are a couple of us from KofP going so it would be great to met everyone. :)

6. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Hi Boston! I'm Ruth from Philly Outer Rim. Looking forward to getting to know you guys! BTW, I'd take Maleficant up on her offer -- you haven't lived until you've had a Philly cheese steak! :D

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hello Philly! I had a vegetarian Philly cheese "steak" once, hehe, and it was really good (contrary to what most of you probably think). I'm afraid I never experienced the real thing before I became vegetarian. :)

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I've had a couple veggie "cheesesteaks" too. Some are pretty good actually.

9. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hi Boston! I'm so glad we finally have a 'twin'. I lived in the Danvers section of Boston when I was five while my dad was doing a graduate degree so I'm a bit familiar with Beantown, although it's been quite a while. Got to spend one day in Boston this past March before heading to Ireland for a wee vacation too. :)

Like Mal asked, any of you going to Dragon Con? If so, we should meet up for a drink. :)

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2002
    Waves to the Pennsylvanians! Thanks for the cheesesteak- here's a large Dunkin Donut's Iced Coffee and some New England Clam Chowda for you all!

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    YMMM, New England Clam Chowder is my favorite!!! :D

12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd send you some down for a cheesesteak but the grease from it will disolve the bag long before it gets here. :)

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Very true!!

14. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Hey Boston!

Starwarschick14, I'm a vegetarian too...

So we're just gonna enjoy our "fake" cheesteaks over in the corner...you bunch of carnivores. LOL. :p

Nice to meet you all...veggies and meaties alike.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oooooo! You are the first vegetarian Star Wars fan I have ever met. That made my day. :D

16. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to Boston! :)

17. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I had a vegetarian Philly cheese "steak" once
    //Sparks the grill//

I dont get it :confused:

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I understand not wanting to eat meat.
    But if you are so opposed to it, then why eat something that "tastes" like it? I would think that the taste of meat would be nasty to a vegetarian.

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    To some vegetarians the taste of meat is disgusting. But since I wasn't raised as a vegetarian, there are some tastes that I miss. And also, when things like portabella mushrooms (when they're cooked right anyway) have a natural meat-like flavor, it reinforces the idea to me that the taste itself is ok...where the taste comes from is the issue. As long as I can control that, I am happy. There, aren't you all glad you understand Roseanna a little better now? :)

20. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    mmmmm Meat-like taste...

Welcome KoP'ers. (Myah, you'll never take me alive!)

21. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Hello Boston!

I've got a friend attending graduate school up there. All the more reason I've got to get my butt up that way! He's inevitably going to want me to bring him a cheesesteak. :)

-Jack

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Welcome KofP!!!

Jackdoud: Your friend wouldn't happen to be attending school at... Havaad University would he? Or maybe it's Notheasten University.

23. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    If you Rebels ever get down this way for a combined event with us, we'll take you out for cheesesteaks Philly style. ;) Don't forget the cheese fries with that!

J

24. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Bleck, it's been too damn long since I dropped by here...Hiya, KOP!!! :D Lovely to see you, welcome, welcome! I say we throw a Bilbo birthday party big-time, Gandalf fireworks and all. ;) (Don't mind me, just coming off another viewing of FOTR... :p)

MidnightRain, I saw your thread in the Welcome forum. 'Tis great to see that you found your local FanForce so quickly! :D

25. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    actually my friend's going to Tufts. Probably won't get a chance to come up this summer though, I've got to head down to Florida at the end of August to continue my own College career. :p

-Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.